Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shock lance proc misconception?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Question Shock lance proc misconception?

Quote Originally Posted by The old thread
    Yes, i hear everyone saying that it's got lightning proc, and so mages do not find it as useful bla bla... that they should use spears for the armor debuff yea yea...

unfortunately that seems wrong to me. when i hit a enemy with a shock lance, the little animation of white spikes at feet that goes with spear proc also appear with my conq shock lance. i hit a guy with plain old lightning, and i saw no such animation.
    also, doesn't a lance count as the same kind of wep as a spear?

so I think it gives both procs, or maybe just spear proc idk. someone tell me something about this.

edit no lightning apparently. wow to me.

editedit: FAIL

editeditedit: Fail? we shall see. pending test results...
    Now, Royce did testing, and we can thank him for these results. bravo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    The results were perplexing to say the least. The shock lance and blaster show the same animation on strike, but the blaster does not seem to have any debuff, so it seems we cannot rely on animation to determine proc any longer. Anyway, we tested lance, blaster, plasma sword, spear, and darkblade along with a couple of mage debuffs, and here are the results:

Spear - Dropped armor by 15 incrementally and can stack, so drops by 15, then 30, and I'm fairly sure 45 is possible though we didn't see it this time. Basically it acts like archer Break Armor (at what rank does that reduce by 15? 1 SP maybe?)

Lance - Dropped armor by 15. However does not stack, so is not really break armor. A new proc? Who knows...

Plasma Sword - Despite showing the lightning bolt animation, this weapon, to everyone's surprise actually appears to have no proc at all. Armor did not drop, and no other stats appeared to change.

Blaster - Despite having the same animation on strike as the lances, no effect was noticed. Seems to have no proc (I could swear it used to slow your target, but it also used to have a different animation).

Darkblade - Same effect as nightmare, but only rank 1 nightmare. Dropped armor 10 points.

Nightmare skill dropped armor as expected, 50 points at 5 SP, and did stack with the darkblade nightmare proc (combining for -60 armor). Lighting at 5 SP only dropped armor by 3 points, but also seemed to reduce damage by 4.
    soon to come hopefully will be final results on mage weapon procs... we eagerly await!
    Last edited by Arterra; 10-03-2010 at 05:55 PM.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Uhm, they don't have lightning proc, idk who said that but they had STUN proc and BREAK ARMOR, stun proc has little lightning things to it, and break armor along with it might make it appear to some people to look like lightning proc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    Uhm, they don't have lightning proc, idk who said that but they had STUN proc and BREAK ARMOR, stun proc has little lightning things to it, and break armor along with it might make it appear to some people to look like lightning proc.
    O.O all i hear is how they have lightning proc. first time i hear stun... wow this misconception is deeper than i though lol.

edit: sooooo... i do not need a hammer if i got this? overpowered all the way...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    O.O all i hear is how they have lightning proc. first time i hear stun... wow this misconception is deeper than i though lol.
    Lol, I haven't heard anyone say it has lightning proc, blasters also have stun proc so you can see what they look like without break armor going and at a range if you wanna see the stun proc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Lol, I haven't heard anyone say it has lightning proc, blasters also have stun proc so you can see what they look like without break armor going and at a range if you wanna see the stun proc.
    BUT I HEARD BLASTERS HAVE LIGHTNING @.@ what is going on...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    BUT I HEARD BLASTERS HAVE LIGHTNING @.@ what is going on...
    Uhm, who told you blasters have lightning exactly? Lol, stun proc looks similar to lightning, but there is a difference.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

every single message i have seen about it says lightning.

how about we all forget my little fail...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

We all make mistakes.

Here lightning proc:

Here's stun proc:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

YOU GUYS HAVE SAID WAY TOO MUCH !

-click- Thread is closed. Lmao jk XD
    List of Insults! Found by me.
    THIS IS!!!!!!!.....sparta.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Shock lances proc lightning. People have pointed out that they appear to cause the break armor stars, but if you watch your armor when being hit with a shock lance you will see it is definitely the lightning, and not break armor, effect.

Also myst, they don't stun, and stun is white spinning stars, not electricity.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Shock lances proc lightning. People have pointed out that they appear to cause the break armor stars, but if you watch your armor when being hit with a shock lance you will see it is definitely the lightning, and not break armor, effect.

Also myst, they don't stun, and stun is white spinning stars, not electricity.
    You're positive it has lightning proc? I recall you saying it had stun proc, plus they look fairly different.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

You're positive it has lightning proc? I recall you saying it had stun proc, plus they look fairly different.
    I guess it might stun too, but never noticed it and dont think so. The debuff though is definitely not break armor. It behaves very differently, and much more like lightning (takes effect immediately and doesn't stack).
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

I guess it might stun too, but never noticed it and dont think so. The debuff though is definitely not break armor. It behaves very differently, and much more like lightning (takes effect immediately and doesn't stack).
    Does it have a larger armor decrease than the plasma swords or is it the same?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Does it have a larger armor decrease than the plasma swords or is it the same?
    Should be the same but that would be a good test to run. Spear definitely can drop armor further than either, though is less consistent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Okay, now I'm a bit confused. I just went to do a little test, and found that the blaster produces the same animation (electricity) that the shock lance produces. Unless I am going crazy the blasters used to produce white stars (though different from the stun stars). I am very interested in testing these procs if anyone is down, but it's hard to find PvP dummies to take the hits and read off their stat changes, etc. now that everyone is interested in the useless K/D numbers. However, if anyone is interested, it would definitely be worthwhile to find out what is going on...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Okay, now I'm a bit confused. I just went to do a little test, and found that the blaster produces the same animation (electricity) that the shock lance produces. Unless I am going crazy the blasters used to produce white stars (though different from the stun stars). I am very interested in testing these procs if anyone is down, but it's hard to find PvP dummies to take the hits and read off their stat changes, etc. now that everyone is interested in the useless K/D numbers. However, if anyone is interested, it would definitely be worthwhile to find out what is going on...
    I am as confused and interested Asa you are. Mystical is my pvp test dummie lol, since I never use him. Feel free to kill him as many times as you want I'm hoping to get on most deaths leaderboards with him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I am as confused and interested Asa you are. Mystical is my pvp test dummie lol, since I never use him. Feel free to kill him as many times as you want I'm hoping to get on most deaths leaderboards with him
    We should test then If in fact the blasters do have an armor reducing proc like the lances (which appears to at least act like lightning, though the animation is admittedly slightly different), then they would be the only Dex weapons in the game with an armor debuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Hey guys, tell us the results plz
    List of Insults! Found by me.
    THIS IS!!!!!!!.....sparta.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

ok, so i wasn't noobing around after all... this really DID need some testing :/ i want to check it out too...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

We should test then If in fact the blasters do have an armor reducing proc like the lances (which appears to at least act like lightning, though the animation is admittedly slightly different), then they would be the only Dex weapons in the game with an armor debuff.
    Interesting. Tell me when I should get on to test. I believe u have a lance, I do as well but I do not have a blaster