Thread: Charge Commision After Item Sells

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry Charge Commision After Item Sells

Commission should NOT be charged until after the item is sold. In real life you wouldn't pay a 15% non-refundable fee of the assumed value of an items just to attempt to sell it. This really needs to be changed.

I have been selling items for a month to save up my gold and suddenly more than half of my gold was gone after listing a hard to get legendary item. Worst part is that the item did not sell within 12 hours so the listing ended and my commission fee was never refunded. I have been so discouraged to return to the game since I spend 50% of my time buying, trading and selling items and feel I got robbed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I get where you're coming from and I would like to see that change happen but the downside would be the market would be end up being flooded with worthless junk that people list in the hope that someone will buy it.

A lower commission would be nice.

One of the more WTF aspects of the market is when poeple list things for 105 gold - it costs that much to list it!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Conyo View Post
    Commission should NOT be charged until after the item is sold. In real life you wouldn't pay a 15% non-refundable fee of the assumed value of an items just to attempt to sell it. This really needs to be changed.

I have been selling items for a month to save up my gold and suddenly more than half of my gold was gone after listing a hard to get legendary item. Worst part is that the item did not sell within 12 hours so the listing ended and my commission fee was never refunded. I have been so discouraged to return to the game since I spend 50% of my time buying, trading and selling items and feel I got robbed.
    Your mistake was to list for 12 hours. Listing an expensive item for 3 days only costs about 1% more in fees than listing for 12 hours. Always list expensive items for 3 days.

As far as spending half your time buying, trading and selling items, I'm a merch who moves dozens of items each day and at best I spend 25% of my time doing it. Just use the consignment shop. I laugh at all these guys who stand there spamming "selling...." and 2 hours later they are still there. Meanwhile they could have gone to farm 5 more of them in that time and only paid a 5% consignment shop listing fee.

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

My problem is, for elite jarl, ppl just run in, destroy the barrels for the lucky leprechaun, and leave. I can't get a good jarl party anywhere.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

You got greedy, listed an item for too high a value, got burned by the consignment fees, and blame it on the system?

If the Devs really removed the "charges" beforehand, every prices on auction will definitely doubled, tripled or even all listed for the max. Is that the kind of auction u like to see?
    Last edited by Drizzt Lee; 03-22-2013 at 10:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Yeah, believe it or not the high fees keep prices lower than they would be otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Feedback for all comments:

1) I was the lowest seller of the item so I don't see how I was getting greedy. I just went off the market prices.
    2) Since it would be an open market prices would only rise if people were willing to pay higher prices. If the item is crap no one would buy even if they list it at a high prices. Basic economics if you were to study supply and demand.
    3) A plus for the creators of the software would be that it would encourage people to purchase more inventory slots as they would want to sell more at market. This would mean they can raise the platinum cost for additional auction costs and they would make real money profit.
    4) I didn't know that you had the option for different time frames to list items for sell and i'll need to look into that. Thanks for the info.
    5) Auction is a pretty cool tool and because people sell on outside of auction that shows that their is an opportunity to make it better. If done right the creators of the game can make money for the change.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

If you were the lowest seller and yours did not sell it means that nobody bought that particular item. Perhaps they are all overpriced. You really have to judge how much an item is worth, not just look at the prices of the other ones listed. How good are the stats of the particular item? Sometimes the prices of items become artificially inflated due to them being new, or because all of them sold out in the auction and then someone lists really high and everyone else follows.

Just to compare, in Pocket Legends the listing fee is only 1% (instead of 5% like Arcane Legends), and the result is merchants buy many more items and prices stay higher. Most merchants want to make at least 5-10% on an item. With a 5% listing fee, it only pays to buy an item that is underpriced by at least 15-20%. With a 1% fee, merchants can buy items that are only 8-10% underpriced and relist them and still make a nice profit. And if there were to be no listing fee as you suggest (only when the item sells), then merchants will make sure to keep items high priced since there is no penalty if it does not sell. They'll just keep relisting at high prices over and over since there is no fee to do so.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Kind of off topic, but why do people sell stuff for like way over-priced. Like sometimes i see lowest price for charward is 60k and then it ranges from 60-80k but theres always this one guy selling it for 200k. I dont understand, anyone help?

Want that perfect signature like mine? Check out over here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vholt View Post
    Kind of off topic, but why do people sell stuff for like way over-priced. Like sometimes i see lowest price for charward is 60k and then it ranges from 60-80k but theres always this one guy selling it for 200k. I dont understand, anyone help?
    They hope that someone has the highest price arrow on and think that 200k is cheapest and buy

Duh
    AL: Tweekzcoffee | PL: Thestupidness
    AL GUIDES | Arcane & Mythic Items With Pics | Allies | Chests

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lalarie View Post
    They hope that someone has the highest price arrow on and think that 200k is cheapest and buy

Wowowowow does that ever work

Want that perfect signature like mine? Check out over here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

+1. Doubt it will ever happen though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Idk I never risk those things so idk

Duh
    AL: Tweekzcoffee | PL: Thestupidness
    AL GUIDES | Arcane & Mythic Items With Pics | Allies | Chests

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Wowowowow does that ever work
    I've never done that, but sometimes people are just dumb....

Last week I had an item in the auction for 140k for a 3 day listing. Over the 24 hours following my listing 4 or 5 others undercut my price all the way down to 80k. Imagine my shock when mine at 140k sold the second day. When I checked the others for 80k+ were still listed there meaning the person who bought mine didn't bother to look for cheaper ones. Either that or they had it sorted backwards as was suggested above.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

I saw a locked crate up for 200k.

It would make some sense if there were only a limited number of that item listed. They'd be hoping the others would sell out or expire. Then theirs would be the highest. With locked crates though, when there are maybe hundreds and are constantly being replenished, it makes little sense to me.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)