Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A "Tank's" Pot Use

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

If they would add a targeting system, your pot use could drop SIGNIFICANTLY on this map. Tell em here:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...rgeting-System

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raxin View Post
    My pot use is strictly medicinal ;-)
    LOL...best comment on this thread. Devs can lock it now; we don't need to hear anything else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Teoijio View Post
    On Elite Seas, I use at least 70 health pots when I tank.
    That's alot of pots. If you are burning through that many, the rest of your team aren't doing their jobs or you need another tank with you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

when i tank i really use some potions, of course that ins't like 70 because i'm just lvl 20 but, i use some of them just to keep in good health state hahah, i'm proud to be always the tank, the base of the team.. so keep calm and always be THE tank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eggcelent View Post
    That's alot of pots. If you are burning through that many, the rest of your team aren't doing their jobs or you need another tank with you.
    Agreed, look for the guy that died in the corner and doesn't bother re-spawning til the boss is dead or almost dead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

I've done elite seas numerous times, and tactics do make a difference!

What I've noticed is that the fastest, easiest runs with the fewest pots used were when the group just waited for most of the mob to spawn. We waited in the right most edge of the ship (in the little cutout area). As long as no one attacked, never got aggro and mobs kept spawning. Once a large group has spawned, a Warrior taunted and the entire mob came into the corner with us. Then it was a bunch of HoR, Windmills and VB from the Warriors, Fireball, Lightning, Heals and Clocks from the Sorcs and Rogues going bananas spamming skills. Using this tactic, my Rogue can ratchet her Crit% (via Aimed Shot upgrade) to over 60% (with Ribbit, I get to almost 100%). You just keep dealing with the mobs in the corner until Bloodhammer arrives. Bloodhammer is actually really easy. Getting through the mobs is the most difficult part of all elite maps.

The worst runs I've had is when everyone scatters trying to attack individual mobs. This leads to incredible pot usage, because you are not using team mates effectively. I've been in runs where the ship was overrun with mobs, all at 50% health because no one actually finished off any single mob.

Tactics do make a huge difference in success in the elite maps. It's like Elite Rooks nest and just waiting at the entrance of the boss room. Bael eventually comes over to you by himself, but the impatient can always go in and deal with the mobs and ninjas that spawn, and burn through tons of pots.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

As a tank, and I guess a good tank with about 4k health and 1100 armor (average I see running around), agroing a shipdeck full of mobs sounds... painful to survive without massive pot spamming initially.

I guess if you survive their first volley of attacks, your teammates can take over. But without using crowd control (rogues trap / sorcs timeshift), I see the warrior in 100% need of health pots to survive the first couple seconds, at the very least (althouh I think a tank in its pure form should survive for quite a while on its own --that ability defines the class, don't you think).

If the other classes dont know their jobs (use tactics), they'll still pass the map, at the expense of the warrior's heavy health pot use. I guess that's what everyone is saying. But I think what im getting at is that the warrior's ability to taunt without the ability to back it up with endurance is really cruel mechanic of the game for warriors to endure.

I carry at least 100 health pots going into Elite Seas. If I only needed a couple dozen, that's all I'd bring. For those who use less than 70 pots a run, how much you bring would be telling on how reliant you think warriors are on health pots on this map in the best and worst case scenarios.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shaukei View Post
    That's my issue with the current mechanics. "Elite should be just that, elite." That's good! But shouldn't elite be defined more by skill and effort put into the game, than by how quickly one can guzzle down health potions?
    This.