Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My ideas for PvP. Long, thoughful thread. Leave feedback/questions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default My ideas for PvP. Long, thoughful thread. Leave feedback/questions!

Arcane Legends is a great, simple game. In my eyes it resembles Diablo 3 types. Although AL is geared more towards PvE the PvP aspect of it is much more fun, for me at least. I have a capped rogue, a 12 mage and a new 7 warrior. Ive noticed that CTF games consist of kill farming and not much CTF to say the least. People are trying to get on the leaderboard which honestly doesn’t take much skill just wasting your life to get at least 10,000 kills. I believe with a few simple changes and additions, PvP can be much stronger and a lot more enjoyable than it already is and here are my ideas:

1. Level Brackets: If PvP is ever going to be halfway balanced and functionable level brackets have to be implemented. Some people who spent loads of gold twinking their toons are going to be mad about it but in the long run it will pay off for of a well balanced PvP system. Take a lvl 12 and 13 rogue and put them against eachother, the 13 will always win regardless of skill, theyre aimed shots just hit so much harder. So an idea for brackets could be: 1-4, 5-8, 9-12, 13-16, 17-20, 21-24, 25-26. If solid brackets don’t want to be implemented than a +1/-1 for levels should be (although brackets is the only way to get a true PvP system functioning in this game). With the brackets I have suggested the only “true” twink levels being affected is 6 and 7 (even Im taking the hit here!)

2. A New Game: I think the best idea for a new PvP scenario would be Arena. A 2v2 and 3v3 Arena would be a blast if implemented, maybe even a 1v1. With an Arena system, Arena teams should also be created. An Arena team is a team that is bought for a small cost (5 plat maybe? This is so random people don’t make teams over and over) and led by someone that has a max of 3 players for 2v2 and 4 for 3v3 (for 1 sub). Players can be removed/added as the leader wishes. These teams will have a rating based on there win/loss ratio. At the end of the season the team with the best rating in whichever level bracket gets a reward (be it a banner, title, vanities). The rated Arena will only be people of the same level I.E all 26s, all 16s, all 12s.There could also be a solo que arena for PUG teams so everyone can enjoy the Arena fun. Adding an Arena will make for a ton of NEW, EXCITING, and DIFFICULT challenges for players (I.E team composition). ***Ratings are reset and the end of a season as they should be. A simple 2v2 and 1v1 Arena would be great as well. We can put tournaments togeher on forums

3. CTF Refinements: CTF is a great game, but is rarely played (hypothetically speaking). People who are competitive PvPers usually farm kills rather than cap flags (bcuz ldrboardz dood). By having people farm kills, new players (and experienced) continuously quit games. At lvl 12 if I play 5 games one day, usually only 1 of those games is actually completed by 5 flag captures. Otherwise people just leave and the game is never completed. So to combat this issue, add a reward system! Perhaps the winning team could get a single story token (or more depending on devs). Other players said to me one platinum. Of course this would be less likely because it is how STS makes their money but it could also help with the forming of things like guilds and Arena teams, and help the people who do not buy plat open a crate for once in their careers! With story tokens as a reward, make more desirable token items so that people want that CTF win! Another cool thing this will do is get rid of truces. Ive been in a game where I have only attacked 2 out of 5 people because the others are guildies/friends. I love my friends! But truces kind of ruin PvP and with a reward system these truces will be demolished.

Questions about CTF Refinements (taken from another thread):
    A. What if someone joins halfway or at the end of a the game, will they be rewarded? I think no, but it may have to be that way. Players should have to be in a % (maybe 7-10 minutes) of the game to get a reward. But that may be too difficult to implement. Therefore people may get rewarded but it would only be a single story token or single plat (plat def. has a higher value than the token).

B. What if shortly after the game starts, everyone on one team leaves, and then the game ends 1-0. Does the winning team still get a win? Absolutely not, games have to end with 5 caps in order for a reward to be eligible

C. What if during a game one team sees there losing and everyone leaves and the game never finishes? I believe players who leave a game should get a debuff that doesn’t allow them to re que for a certain amount of time (yes stealing idea from WoW). But this is the only viable option. For every time a person quits make it so they cant re que for 20 minutes (that’s a pain in the buns). And for every other game they quit within a 24 hour time period that debuff gains another 20 minutes on top of it

D. What if people sit at 4 caps and are clearly the dominating team and continue to kill farm? Ah, the question Ive been waiting for. GET RID OF THE KILL LEADERBOARD, ITS WHAT IS RUINING PVP. People will get mad of course, but that’s why Arena is implemented! The REAL challenge is in Arena and there is where you get your glory with banners or whatever it may be (PvP vanity gear :O). It doesn’t really take “skill” to get on the CTF kill LB, it just takes a ton of time. And I know when I first saw people with kill banners I was like “Woah that guy must be pro” now Im just like “lol”. Keep the Flag one because that encourages people to cap flags! Yay flag banners.

E. What if I get disconnected during a game and my team wins, will I get a token? No and you will get a deserter debuff for possibly ruining the game for your team. Some people may use the disconnect to get out of a game, therefore the debuff is given to anyone who leaves a game whether its on accident or on purpose.

4. Issues regarding classes: Guys, classes will never be completely balanced and truthfully they never should be! In what game is a mage able to beat every other class with a skilled player behind it? None, same goes with rogue and warrior type classes. Does that mean that nerfs cant happen? Of course not, there are some nerfs that do need to happen I think. Rogue packs need to be not as OP and rogues need to not be able to crit for 1k at lvl 12. As a mage with 250% crit point in lightning Im lucky to crit 500 with the best gear. Warriors just got merked with the recent skill nerf on them but they are still incredible, I think they could see a little boost in damage. I play a mage and do pretty well for myself and I don’t know what I would nerf/improve for my class. Theres nothing really too OP about us. Every class can merk us and I have to play my butt off to beat a rogue with the right build 1v1. Ive beaten warriors 1v1 but again, the better ones always win unless Im in a hallway kiting.

5. Get rid of pet feeding in PvP: Self explanatory. Id rather not have pets than have to feed them in PvP. If I could have it my way, pets wouldn’t even be in PvP.

I hope this thread is paid some attention to because it could give PvP a perfect face lift and make this game really boom. So please guys don’t just look at this thread, comment on it and give it attention if you like my ideas. The Devs will look at it then and maybe we can some changes. In my eyes the ideas I proposed are good and thought through. I am more than glad to answer any questions anyone has about my ideas. Please no flaming, instead ask questions and I am sure I can come up with an intelligent answer.
    Last edited by Popamollyswtn; 03-24-2013 at 12:24 AM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Popamollyswtn For This Useful Post:

New Member Christopher Mitchell's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Red face Good Idea

[QUOTE=Popamollyswtn - I like ur idea about not having to feed ur pets in pvp ive myself had died thinking my pet was not hungry many of times and i also like your ideas of pvp arena Good job ! Keep it up !

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Christopher Mitchell For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

yeah, i agree about the pet things.. they shouldn't exist in pvp.. and if there is no pets just like the old updates, pvp would be so much balance as it used to be.. no more ping strikes (WORST ENEMY EVER, everyone knows that)..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Yunfehn For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thanks guys. How about level brackets? Lets post something about those

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by Yunfehn:1020117
    yeah, i agree about the pet things.. they shouldn't exist in pvp.. and if there is no pets just like the old updates, pvp would be so much balance as it used to be.. no more ping strikes (WORST ENEMY EVER, everyone knows that)..

I completely disagree. Pets give more diversity to our builds and help us last longer in PvP. Especially for Mages, who need buffs to survive a bit more anyway. Shield and Heal are not as reliable as ppl think.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lady_Pebbles For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

@Lady: The only thing I find really useful about some pets are their ability to stun. Like Colton, Aspen, etc. Would I like to see pets stay? Idk really. Pet feeding though? No need for it in PvP, for some players (me) it makes it so you cant use the same pet the whole game unless you want to pay a fee that really builds up over time. Thank you Lady!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Pets should be in Pvp but not have to feed them.
    Just like Pebbles stated "Pets give more diversity to our builds and help us last longer in PvP. "
    I agree with everything else but sadly the Devs never listen to us.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SkullCrusher For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thats why the more posts we get on here maybe it will get recognized!!! I realize that I am suggesting a lot here and it may be hard to do. But with new, bigger pocket MMOs coming out such as Avabel Online which is an open world MMO, things like this shouldnt be much for a game that was voted best in its category. And look at what runescape did, a complete revamp. STS this game has an amazing base you guys have built, time to make it just a bit better! Im saying instead of making new Tombs/Mines maps which have all the same objectives as every other PvE map in the game, lets give PvP some attention. I mean Id be happy with just level brackets being put in place and that is the easiest thing to do.

And guys thanks again for the responses, I really appreciate it
    Last edited by Popamollyswtn; 03-23-2013 at 04:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Level brackets: +1

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hotpimp For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

@hot as in +1/-1 or as in you agree? Thanks for the post homie!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

new players have a lot harder time with the pet update. Now, if u love pvp and ur a new player u need to use tons of plat or merch for a long time to achieve 1m and get a GOOD pet so u can own. Pets do diversify builds BUT they are too expensive for the new players causing pvp to be a very boring and frustrating experience for them. I AM NOT A NOOB FARMER. I ENJOY PVP BUT AM NOT THE RICHEST SO I CAN NO LONGER KEEP UP BCUZ OF THE PETS.

PL: Fear

18. The Following User Says Thank You to birdmasta For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thanks for the responses guys! Pets are a toss up. A lot of people dont even level up there pets in PvP because of food costs. This puts them at a huge disadvantage because of the damage pets can actually do. A level 12 Ribbit can hit for nearly 50 damage... Just as much as my lvl 12 Oracles rifle. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me. Enough on the pets though guys! Lets talk more about brackets/Arena and of course the CTF Refinements!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh where to begin? I agree with the level brackets but regardless anyone fighting a lower level has the advantage. IMO only way to make PvP fair is same level as yourself. I like using pets but instead of using the same pets we use for PVE make some PvP pets? Granted with the pets now builds can be various and specific for each but if we all had the same pet instead of who can spend the most on theirs owns all.

I personally don't think the leaderboards have much to do with kill farming but at the same time they do. Mostly cause people I've talked to would rather go for the achievements then get on the boards. So, get rid of achievements and leaderboards for PvP and kill farming will stop. If they open leaderboards for capping flags then everyone is gonna want to cap and not fight which reduces the fun of PvP. Thus, where the idea of arena like you said popa, a great idea. I could go on and on forever with ideas but I have things to do lol so I will leave it as that. I might post more on this later

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree with most the ideas you have stated although I do believe that pets should be implemented in PvP because as you and I both know, pets DO make a difference whether it be an increase in DPS or a HP boost, these factors play a cruical role in ones survival. As for removing the kills on the leaderboard, I don't think it should be removed solely because it encourages people to keep PvPing, so that one day, they too may also be on the leader boards. If kill farming is your concern, we should take a different approach to stop this horrible act. But not punish those who earned their spot on the leaderboards legitimately. However, I love your idea on an arena type gameplay and the rewards you could win. Also, if you leave a game, you receive some type of penalty be it a debuff or loss of a future potiental reward one could earn via PvP. And please STS, add level brackets! All said, nicely done on the thread and I look forward to more PvPing by your side in-game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

My dude noobs! thanks for reading bro and Nerows as well. To Nerows: I agree that the only fair way would be to make 12's go against 12s. But then you lose an influx of players within the brackets, making it so maybe not as many games are being played. Therefore with a bracket 9-12, we still get enough players for matches along with an actual twinking level. Players can then chose to either not pvp until they reach the bracket cap or continue to try it out. But at least here we have a designated level as 26's do which we all know is what we want! With a bracket that ends at a certain level, PvP will be much more balanced for low levels rather than lvl 9s, 10s, 11s, 12s, 13s all in one game. And with with flag capping it encourages people to do the objective.. CTF. Not kill farm as we know everyone does. And with there being a reward for winning, people will fight each other to win.

To Noobs: The reason I said get rid of the LB is because it does not take much skill (just no-lifing) and encourages the kill farming. If STS were to get rid of the kill leaderboard, let the people on it have their banners! So they can remember the time they spent kill farming. If the new Arena were to be added then true skill would be shown there, and this would take the place of the kill LB. When I say that I mean that a team consisting of either 2 or 3 players with the best record will be on the LB. With that, the LB would have to be divided up by the teams level bracket I.E a 12/16/26 section on the LB for Arena. Its asking for a lot I know, but Im sure that it wouldnt be too hard. And it would make this game absolutely killer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

yea, we need more than just kills and flag.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Cero, thank you for the post. I couldnt agree with you more. With an arena we would have a battleground where the only thing that lets you win is skill. I think 2v2 would be the most successful game type but 3v3 is a possibility. Since the game doesnt have a targeting system it is kind of hard to duke it out 3v3, but 2v2 would involve a ton of tactics. Perhaps teams wouldnt be abe to have 2 of the same class in the arena at the same time? Making it even more challenging.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The thing to remember here is this is the infancy of PvP. There will be upgrades and new features as the game grows. I have personally enjoyed PvP thus far and am excited to see what future updates will bring. Now, if some of my favorite old PL gamers would come over........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I do know that @Ukeewu. These are all just suggestions. Thanks for the response

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

Level bracket is an easy +1. I love the pets because without them, my warrior would run out of mana so fast. I agree with most of the thread.