Thread: Rare Enemies / Rare Areas?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Rare Enemies / Rare Areas?

Here's an idea, why not implement "Rare" enemies into the game? These enemies would have a higher chance of dropping Unique / Rare items.

Special / Rare areas, when we progress through and instance and hit "Go to the next level", why not add bonus dungeons? These dungeons would be extremely rare and boost XP gained, Gold and a higher chance of rare items, and if you happen to get a rare enemy in one of these dungeons, the loot from that mob would be even better than a rare enemy in a normal instance.
    Realm: Alterra
    Radigan: 30 Archer
    Jocelin: 28 Enchantress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Radigan View Post
    Here's an idea, why not implement "Rare" enemies into the game? These enemies would have a higher chance of dropping Unique / Rare items.

Special / Rare areas, when we progress through and instance and hit "Go to the next level", why not add bonus dungeons? These dungeons would be extremely rare and boost XP gained, Gold and a higher chance of rare items, and if you happen to get a rare enemy in one of these dungeons, the loot from that mob would be even better than a rare enemy in a normal instance.
    People would still farm these. Even if they couldn't, they would farm the level before and after it. As far as rare items go, I just was in a debate about this on another thread. Depending on their rarity and stats, it is definitely NOT a good idea to give random items on steroids to a few random people. This will drive everyone else crazy.

Level 45 Archer - Pex
    Among the first archers on Pocket Legends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PvP View Post
    People would still farm these. Even if they couldn't, they would farm the level before and after it. As far as rare items go, I just was in a debate about this on another thread. Depending on their rarity and stats, it is definitely NOT a good idea to give random items on steroids to a few random people. This will drive everyone else crazy.

Farming an item with an extremely LOW drop rate is not practical and would in fact be a waste of time, BUT, if people put the time in to get these items, why shouldn't they be rewarded with an über item? Granted, once in a while, someone will just randomly get lucky with one of these items, but thats how MMO's work, you kill "XXX" mob, mob drops Rare item, one person gets the item.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Also, a "Loot Pool" would be nice, as in, when a item drops, the people in the group that actually need that item can "Roll" on it.

Guardian of Alterra King Richie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

stop making farming out to be bad farming is in every mmorpg and it is NOT going to stop !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by King Richie View Post
    stop making farming out to be bad farming is in every mmorpg and it is NOT going to stop !!
    Farming is only talked down on by people who aren't motivated to run these dungeons to find great items. They are just jealous.
    w00t w00t!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King Richie View Post

I'm sure it's not, but I hope that's not directed at me. lol

Guardian of Alterra King Richie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

i dont even think its jealousy like i dont farm i dont see the need i like the thrill of when you find an item you want just when doing a quest but i still dont mid if someone has got that item from farming .. there both legit ways of aquirirng the item ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Farming an item with an extremely LOW drop rate is not practical and would in fact be a waste of time, BUT, if people put the time in to get these items, why shouldn't they be rewarded with an über item? Granted, once in a while, someone will just randomly get lucky with one of these items, but thats how MMO's work, you kill "XXX" mob, mob drops Rare item, one person gets the item.
    I see what you're trying to say. However, if we were to put this into terms of money (which by no means implies that these drops should be given this value) and someone is given a 200,000 coin drop because they were lucky to get one of these "rare" drops, and I recieved the basic generic items, it would make me want to play until I got this item. People (not just a few, more like hundreds) always want their account to be the best that it can be in their eyes. Honestly if it took me thousands and thousands of kills just to have a shot at getting a weapon like this, I prefer it wouldn't be put in the game at all. I like the game the way it is, at least you have a chance at getting what you want, within a reasonable limit. To be quite honest, these weapons aren't as common as you think. I've killed over 1,000 NPC's and still haven't gotten the item I want, yet I know they drop it. Raising the bar would ruin many aspects of the game, even if it isn't apparent.

Level 45 Archer - Pex
    Among the first archers on Pocket Legends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PvP View Post
    I see what you're trying to say. However, if we were to put this into terms of money (which by no means implies that these drops should be given this value) and someone is given a 200,000 coin drop because they were lucky to get one of these "rare" drops, and I recieved the basic generic items, it would make me want to play until I got this item. People (not just a few, more like hundreds) always want their account to be the best that it can be in their eyes. Honestly if it took me thousands and thousands of kills just to have a shot at getting a weapon like this, I prefer it wouldn't be put in the game at all. I like the game the way it is, at least you have a chance at getting what you want, within a reasonable limit. To be quite honest, these weapons aren't as common as you think. I've killed over 1,000 NPC's and still haven't gotten the item I want, yet I know they drop it. Raising the bar would ruin many aspects of the game, even if it isn't apparent.
    Thats the point of all this, "Better is better", having EVERYONE with the same equipment brings nothing to the game, every MMO has items that are just extrememly hard to get, thats what makes the game that much more enjoyable, being better then everyone else / having an item not many people have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Also, a "Loot Pool" would be nice, as in, when a item drops, the people in the group that actually need that item can "Roll" on it.
    Yea good idea! But they could make that evryone else that dont get the item could recive the gold amount that its worth? So just in case a guy dont get it because of the cash