Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate End Game CTF Guide --> Rhino (Paladin)

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Default The Ultimate End Game CTF Guide --> Rhino (Paladin)

Hey guys! I thought it would be fun to create a guide for the Rhino! (75-76)

Description:

The Rhino is not meant for killing. It's a purely support and tanking class... that's when I decided I would try to make a Rhino for CTF! I'll show you the build I have for my Rhino (because many people have been asking me lately) as well as how to play with the Rhino in a CTF game effectively. This guide is relatively straight forward (pics to come as well).

Stats:

As a pure tanker, you want to maximize your armor and health points as much as possible. Place all of your points into the STR attribute, but leave enough points just so you have 11 points into int (this gives you +1 extra Mana Regen Point.)

Gear:

-Use the Savage set (Shield + Scythe - Level 75).

-I prefer the ring called, "Magician's Fine Iron Band" which can be bought for 10 platinum. (This is all preference, but I am simply maximizing my Armor and Health Points.)

-Use the face called, "War Paint" which can be bought for 10 plat at the Magic Mirror.

Skill Points:

Charge!! - 7 Points --> This is enough points placed in for a reasonable amount of damage. This spell is used most.

Rhino Might - 9 Points ---> When you max out this spell, it's a guaranteed chance of stunning your opponents (with the hope they don't dodge).

Restore - 8 Points --> +48 Health regen for 3 seconds is plenty, and it gives you the chance to save an extra point for another spell.

Redemption - 7 points --> Use this spell after "Charge!!" to perform a combo (2x the damage when combo occurs). Also provides a bit of health, so this is an important skill for killing.

Guardian - 9 Points --> This is your most useful skill. Other than the +40 armor buff and +10% dodge buff, you're also given the benefit of being Unrooted (when rooted) and Unfreezed (when frozen). This allows you to save your heal for another time when you need to be freed from a stun... use this spell wisely.

Vital Force - 9 Points --> You're best chance for actually killing.

Holy Tempest - 7 Points --> Enough points to have a 50% chance of debuffing.

Reincarnate - 9 Points --> Allows you to resurrect from 14 meters, giving your team a huge advantage.

Stone Skin - 9 Points --> Maximize armor.

Skills not being used:

Brute Force --> Plus 5 armor party buff and a max of +10% dodge buff is useless in end game. Don't focus on dodge, focus on armor and HP to be effective consistently. You can perfect consistency - not luck.

Divine Aura --> This skill is only useful leveling up. It provides a Mana Regen boost, but that's unnecessary at end game with 20+ mana regen.

Summon --> Some people think this spell is useful, but I say no. It provides some debuffs here and there, but at end game, all stats are way too blown out, so it's simply not useful.

KDR (for those that care):

If you choose to be an effective CTF player, YOU WILL HAVE A NEGATIVE KDR. My KDR (in case anyone was interested) in CTF is 1/2. For every kill I get, I get about 2.1 deaths. However, the amount of flags captured is HUGE.

How to be a Pro in CTF:

1.) BUFF YOUR TEAM WITH YOU DAMAGE BUFF. Giving your birds a +36 damage advantage is HUGE.

2.) It's all about what team your with. If you're the only tank (no other rhinos or bears), you should become, what i call, a "Defensive Tanker." Wow Ghost, what do you mean? A bear for example can go into a group of enemies buffed because they are meant to kill. Rhino's on the other hand can hardly kill - there's no point in running into a group of people. What you want to do is attract other players 1 by 1, because as long as your Rhino is buffed, one single player cannot kill you with ease.

3.) Note the different players on your team. If you have a bear, let him tank. If you have a Mage, you tank, and allow the Mage to Revive you. Having a Pally (mage) can be very useful. It allows for Heals, heals, heals, revive, revive, heals, heals, etc.

4.) Try making it to the other teams flag base with YOUR BUFFS READY TO GO. When players see the message, "Red team has the flag!" They WILL come for you. Your job as a Rhino is to not kill, but to simply evade.

-Use your spell "Charge!!" to allow yourself to "jump" to other spots (12m leap). When Rhino's have the clear, then it's basically a guaranteed point with this spell. Charge!! will not work when you're locked onto a player that's in your 12m range. Try changing your targeted player to evade with ease. I call this process Jumping. Jumping - Targeting players at a fast rate that are further ahead of the closest player in order to evade your opponent.

-USE YOUR BUFFS WISELY. As I noted above, Guardian is probably your most valuable skill. I prefer using Guardian at first to ensure that a Freeze or Root will not slow me down. Once Guardian's buffs come to a cease, I use the spell "Stone Skin" for extra protection. It always depends who is after you. If it's one mage, use this strategy. If it's a mage + a bird, then use both buffs at the same time.

-THE WALL IS YOUR FRIEND. When players chase after you, getting behind a wall allows you to "break" that targeted players track, so you can then use the skill "Charge!!" to evade.

-Take the map Rockwall forts. When you get the flag at the opponents base, but your enemies come in from their base, you may think that you're screwed. This is when your stun spells come in handy. Scale against the edge of the wall, and just as your opponents turn the corner, use your spells "Rhino Might" and "Holy Tempest." This will provide the chance to stun, and to knock-back your opponent. Then you evade with Charge!!

5.) Are you in desperate need to kill someone? Well, you're best (and only) chance is the following:

-Time up the spell "Vital Force". Without it, you can't kill anyone (unless they have a really low amount of HP).

-When close to the enemy, use the spell "Charge!!" directly followed by the spell "Redemption." This gives you a chance to Combo your opponent for 2x damage. If they don't die - don't give up! Use your stun spells, and wait for the Combo Charge + Redemption to occur again.

-Birds are the easiest to kill. Mages are tough, but are possible with strategy. You have a 1/100000 chance to kill a bear 1v1 unless you have support.

6.) Time up your "Reincarnate". A mage's resurrect has a shorter delay than Reincarnate, so this gives you some advantages and disadvantages.

Pros - Because of the longer delay once casted, you can press the skill to resurrect someone, and then quickly get behind a wall. It's basically giving more protection to your dead friend. This requires practice, because some players aren't as good with timing.

Cons - Longer delay = more time for the opponents to kill you. Sometimes you need to anticipate when your teammates might die, in order for the resurrection to fully work. It's very common for a Rhino to attempt a Resurrection, but then it doesn't successfully reach your teammate. It's the delay!

7.) Use Restore (heal) wisely. The cool-down for Restore is longer than a Mages, so you can't spam this skill like a mage would. Use it when someone's health is relatively low. Make sure that if you're going to heal yourself from being rooted or frozen that your spell "Guardian" is not activated, as guardian will automatically free you from roots and freezes.

That's about it for now I'll try post some pictures later - if you have any questions, feel free to ask in the thread, PM me, or find me in game.

~Ghost
    Last edited by XghostzX; 10-08-2013 at 03:51 PM.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

First

Will add criticism/ GJs after reading

Edit: negative KDR? But goste, than your n00b... Very few players would pick a negative KDR class that wins games over a kill hog class that loses.
    Last edited by Yich; 03-24-2013 at 12:04 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Yich For This Useful Post:

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Awesome guide ghost! I've been trying out builds with my rhino, tho he isn't endgame! Second rhino pvp guide I saw, and best one ever! Keep up the good work ghost!

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yich View Post
    First

Will add criticism/ GJs after reading
    I know it's unorganized. I'll try to add pics later and to organize a bit more, but this is the gist of it.

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    I know it's unorganized. I'll try to add pics later and to organize a bit more, but this is the gist of it.
    May be unorganized, but it's great! I expected someone like you making an endgame pvp/ctf guide for a little Underpowered Character!

Next thing you know, Ghost will be making an endgame Pvp/Ctf fox guide!
    Last edited by Caiahar; 03-24-2013 at 12:01 PM.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

@Yich - Winning a CTF game is more satisfying than racking up kills, imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

@Yich - Winning a CTF game is more satisfying than racking up kills, imo.
    Ye but you are a real pro. It's different.

Senior Member Fallen_Chisk_Angels's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

You may have a negative K/D ratio but if you count your wins and losses you'll definitely have a positive W/L Ratio.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Add pics. Without pics the guide is obsolete.

And rhino's laugh emote is funny. Add that too.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dudetus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    Add pics. Without pics the guide is obsolete.

And rhino's laugh emote is funny. Add that too.
    Crying rhinos are even better!
    OneRandomNoob - 76 meatshield | Gaunab - 76 dodgenub

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

Thanks for sharing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

I'm not a fan of ctf so I'm looking for build that does damage!
    Currahee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mennddoza View Post
    I'm not a fan of ctf so I'm looking for build that does damage!
    Level your Rhino to end game, you'd love it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen_Chisk_Angels View Post
    You may have a negative K/D ratio but if you count your wins and losses you'll definitely have a positive W/L Ratio.
    Oh show me where they added a win/loss tracker, would you? They didnt, so all the people out there just to make themselves look better arent going to use a rhino.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yich View Post
    Oh show me where they added a win/loss tracker, would you? They didnt, so all the people out there just to make themselves look better arent going to use a rhino.
    Ayy, easy there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

I feel like this thread needs to be bump and stickied as there are many Rhinos looking for a build so...

bump.
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Extreme For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

One fact...

Summon is not only a debuff, but it can be used for a combo.

Whatev, I currently have a rhino and I'm seriously confused about why you put points in somethings which you could have spent in others.

I have a lvl 71 rhino, and here is what my build looks like.-

So first off, why did you put 7 in redemption and charge? Okay I may be able to understand putting more into charge but redemption? It seems to give an insignificant amount of DMG for each level? Why use skill points on these if they don't add to a specific price like stun %?(redemption dmg per lvl: 4+-6+) (charge dmg per lvl: 4+-10+)

9 in vital/stone/and guardian is obvious. Guardian + stone gives 88+ armor! That's a lot!

9 in heal and rev- rhino is for support, heal is great at 9 and 14m helps with rev.

9 tempest- at 7 it may only give 50% debuff, at 9 its gives 60% debuff chance+ -30% hit

9 might- the description says stun for 3s, unless they dodge, that's 100% chance + -12 Hs per sec.

5 summon- this could possibly go into charge, but it has debuffs. -10% dodge and -15 Hs per sec. Stack that with might and that's -27 Hs per sec, which is something...

There is one rhino combo that a know of... Which is juiced. That can be made by either charge+red. or summon+red. it hits more often with summon.

Now you can see why I place skill points where, and where I map them.

**Buffs on the left.** Might next to summon, for the -HP effects** Might next to charge for the fancy haxor (my secret).** Charge next to tempest for the giant knock back.** Charge next to red. for the combo** Summon next to red. for the combo.** Heal next to red. (They are both healz)** Rev at top**

Yw for sharing my stuff, now tell me if I'm doing something wrong. Rhino is a fun class.
    Last edited by Argyros; 12-23-2013 at 11:04 AM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Argyros For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Argyros View Post
    One fact...

Summon is not only a debuff, but it can be used for a combo.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    What exactly is the combo, and what's the name for it? What does it do?

Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

What exactly is the combo, and what's the name for it? What does it do?

Thanks.
    Just made big edit. Please make big reply now lol.

Edit: You gotta play some more rhino lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Argyros; 12-23-2013 at 10:54 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Argyros View Post
    Just made big edit. Please make big reply now lol.

Edit: You gotta play some more rhino lol.
    You should have made your own guide, your is more logical than Ghost's.

Edit: those hp debuffs are actually h/s debuffs, so they aren't so useful.
    Last edited by Gragorak; 12-23-2013 at 11:02 AM.
    <Enigmatic>
    Ludens necesse est, vivere non est necesse.