Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Can we maka a survey about Glacian

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

Its not rude lol. You kinda missed the point. Still you can see it in terms of SL as well. Same with Squid Buddy and Xrays. Hella hard to get as a drop but still enough credits (gold) drops on maps that can be farmed and in a reasonable time, you can get those items through the ah. There is no sense in having high cost items on AL when hardly any gold drops to begin with.

Especially when the gold cap is ridiculously high too.. Absolutely no sense lol.

Specifically talking uber rare, if those items were in AL, again do to the large numbers, they would be over farmed in short amount of time. This would again flood the CS with them dropping their value really quick. The point is that they would not be 'uber rare' for more then a couple days, maybe a week tops if they had an extremely low drop rate.

As for the gold issue, which I think is a separate one, it is really odd. I will have to think about it some more.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff:1022626

Specifically talking uber rare, if those items were in AL, again do to the large numbers, they would be over farmed in short amount of time. This would again flood the CS with them dropping their value really quick. The point is that they would not be 'uber rare' for more then a couple days, maybe a week tops if they had an extremely low drop rate.

As for the gold issue, which I think is a separate one, it is really odd. I will have to think about it some more.

Idk Fluff, I really doubt they would flood the AH like that unless they make it so that luck elixirs can stack, then there would be an issue. Other than that, I don't see why this would become a problem. It'll have the same drop rate as in crates or maybe even a lower drop rate. Still, players want to be able to get these as a drop without burning a hole in their pockets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

definately yes!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    We will be announcing a new Fire Elemental pet that will be replacing Ripmaw as a plat based pet. Glacian, as with Hammerjaw, is designed and intended as an ultra rare pet. That isn't really going to change.

Previously, we'd have people complain that there wasn't anything really "rare" or wax nostalgic for ultra rare items in other games. Now that we actually have ultra rares, the flip side comes out - they're too hard to get, I want one, but can't get it. That's just how it is. We get that and understand your feelings about them - but again, that doesn't mean that they will change.
    All I gotta say is THANK YOU!! People can't have everything they want all the time. But we can have a goal of getting it one day, and that's the part that I like. There will always be something more to work for.

Glacian is going for 30m? Oh well, I better start saving!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    All I gotta say is THANK YOU!! People can't have everything they want all the time. But we can have a goal of getting it one day, and that's the part that I like. There will always be something more to work for.

Glacian is going for 30m? Oh well, I better start saving!
    Well no one disagree on rarity just that hell lot of crates need to be open to get that pets so U can buy them from cs.

That was everyones idea in begginig if i remeber.

I would like to see really some dropable uber rarity pets to conquer crate ones. (probably will never happen, but hope dies last )
    Last edited by Uzii; 03-25-2013 at 05:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    We will be announcing a new Fire Elemental pet that will be replacing Ripmaw as a plat based pet. Glacian, as with Hammerjaw, is designed and intended as an ultra rare pet. That isn't really going to change.

Previously, we'd have people complain that there wasn't anything really "rare" or wax nostalgic for ultra rare items in other games. Now that we actually have ultra rares, the flip side comes out - they're too hard to get, I want one, but can't get it. That's just how it is. We get that and understand your feelings about them - but again, that doesn't mean that they will change.
    People asked for ultra rare items to farm, like Octavos said.
    Not ultra real money eating items, like the locked crates said.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mysticaleagle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jk9810 View Post
    YOLO. So why not?
    yes ik my name is known wordwide and my name is quite famous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uzii View Post
    Well no one disagree on rarity just that hell lot of crates need to be open to get that pets so U can buy them from cs.

That was everyones idea in begginig if i remeber.

I would like to see really some dropable uber rarity pets to conquer crate ones. (probably will never happen, but hope dies last )
    I'm not opposed to that as long as they keep it super rare. I don't want to ever see more than a couple available for sale in the auction. Any more than that and it means it's too common.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I'm not opposed to that as long as they keep it super rare. I don't want to ever see more than a couple available for sale in the auction. Any more than that and it means it's too common.
    Im not opposed to that eather

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

yeah, its better than people selling it for 10m

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

No. that will be "common" and not special if like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Cool A synopsis of the short survey

Since this thread created so many differing opinions, let me create a synopsis of the camps that voiced their opinions.

YES: Probably would love to buy at a flat rate of 800 plat to avoid the element of luck when opening crates, and some of these people are choosing this one because they've read the bad luck some players have, since the arrival of Hammerjaw, opening thousands of crates but still no jackpot.

NO: I think this camp can be subdivided into two, but in general this camp would love to have that "intangible" value of owning an Arcane Pet, not commonly owned by other players. So the feeling of being different among your peers, drives people to get this pet by shelling out money.

Crates: These are people who have the spare plats (probably from the doing offers and have some spare money in real life) and would love to take a shot at opening crates. We all know that crates contains several jackpots, not just Glacian, that would yield a multi-million gold inflow.

Drop: I for one agree with this, by giving non-plat players a shot at owning an Arcane Pet. We'll we do have a chance to buy it in gold, some of you will say, but it will takes several expansions before that happens. It doesnt mean however, that since its droppable, it will become too common and it will lose is arcaness. Keep the drop rate as it is, or even lower when it becomes a drop. At least, non-plat players will get the chance of owning this.

I'm sure STS are considering these opinions in their future plans, and we'll see what will happen.

P.S. If you have anything to add, please feel free to do so, otherwise, Dev, please close this survey.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TheStoic For This Useful Post:

Lady_Pebbles

I would like to add that if they add it as a drop, players can (and probably will) use plat to buy elixirs and hope that it will reroll into a Mythic or Arcane drop. The difference between that and crates is the fact that it only costs at minimum 2plat for loot reroll elixirs vs 15 plat per crate. Making it more affordable for players who still want to use plat.

The best part about it is that no one is forced to pay anything for these items when they want them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

I would like to add that if they add it as a drop, players can (and probably will) use plat to buy elixirs and hope that it will reroll into a Mythic or Arcane drop. The difference between that and crates is the fact that it only costs at minimum 2plat for loot reroll elixirs vs 15 plat per crate. Making it more affordable for players who still want to use plat.

The best part about it is that no one is forced to pay anything for these items when they want them.

By force, i think you mean, gamble. In my opinion, spending the 2 plat loot elix is a gamble in itself by hoping for a chance to get it. But comparing the 2 plat against the 15 plat is a no-contest. But one of the basic investment principles is "The higher the reward, the greater the risk", by opening crates (risk), you might get the glacian (reward).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default Can we maka a survey about Glacian

To get back on topic, NO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

If they make arcane pets droppable, just make sure the drop rate is of the same chance with opening crates. Nuff said.
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Limsyoker View Post
    Nuff said.
    Lol.

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by Limsyoker:1024821
    If they make arcane pets droppable, just make sure the drop rate is of the same chance with opening crates. Nuff said.

I second this motion then. XP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    yes hard drops in the game, meaning like SL vanities or dragon vanities in PL...I believe thats the hard people are talking about...not really from locked crates. yes nice to have sweet stuff from crates, but the hunt is 10x better if your able to obtain them from the world drops.
    I couldn't have said it better. Ultra-rare doesn't equal "spend a small fortune of platinum" in my opinion. I think that's where the disconnect is. I have no problem with STS selling some ridiculously expensive plat items because it's a business and there will always be people that buy them, but it's rare and hard-to-farm drops that we're talking about. Stuff bought with plat (including stuff you get from locked crates) doesn't really count.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post

SL at one point was popular, and xrays and sqidbuddy have only gone up. For one, the chance of a drop is unaffected by a reroll lix. For another, you have to get a specific roll number that takes you to that loot table on the specific maps that have the opportunity, and then it could roll xray, squidbuddy or mechanical man ( mechanical man helmet being the most common to happen when you get that far). You can't really farm those vanities is SL, either you get lucky and get the correct roll, or they don't come out. Now I can't guess the amount of players at SL's prime vs. AL's prime (yes, AL will also drop off in players making these uber rare items even rarer when the next new game comes out) but, besides the pets, the armor helm and weapons have a lifespan, where they just won't be desirable to a capped toon because there will be stronger. Then those values are going to crash out hard. Heck, I saw galaxian in the auction today for 29mil (i can't even afford the listing fee! Lol)
    but thats a pet that will be useful for the life of the game if someone opens it, and it should retain its value as an egg.

As for the gold issue, seems there is enough out there if you get the lucky item drop and sell it, there is plenty of gold out there, just not plenty if you are collecting gold from running maps. Definetly more gold coming off the maps in AL than in SL, but we don't have pets to feed in SL. I dunno the gold thing is pretty complicated and screwed up in AL....
    Last edited by KillaSkillz; 03-27-2013 at 06:52 AM.

KillaSkillz- my guess 8312