Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Can we maka a survey about Glacian

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

No.
    It's a virtual character model that took a day maximum to design and integrate that you are willing to spend ~$80 for?Lol. I know at least two of my guild mates who have spent over $900 dollars rolling for Ripmaw and recieved nothing. At the end of the day you get a character model that has less than desirable stats that will be replaced and obsolete after they decide to make something else that "looks cool" and gives you a oh-so desired acheivment point. If it increased your gold drop rates by 500% every kill, maybe worth it. I'd buy it if it brushed my teeth and read me a story before it tucked me into bed. Note that this is coming from a person who has played and bought plat since the first days of PL, SL, DL and now AL. I will admit it would be better than dropping $1.5k+ on futile gamble rolls, but still lolz no. STS will release another game to replacd AL in like two months which will render AL another DL. Just my $0.02

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AmongDemons For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheStoic View Post
    Limsyoker and Docdocbig are talking about the "intangible" aspect of having a Glacian, the higher the rarity, the more special it becomes. That sense of felling that you stand out among your peers. This is what drives people to open crates.

Another aspect, that we also like to look at is, if Glacian proves to be very useful, say on pvp, and giving it a specific price tag, would mean that definitely you'll get the chance to acquire the pet at a later time that will give you an edge at pvp. If I have excess plat, and I'm serious on playing pvp, I would definitely save money to buy plat, then buy Glacian.
    I do see the second point as something reasonable for someone with excess plat to do. I guess the best solution for this matter is to make the best pets/items dropable by bosses. The drop rate should be relatively low and that it should not be in crates nor chests. I do remember somewhere here in the forums stating that items bought through platinum should generally be slightly weaker than those found in game (dropped or looted from chests). The perfect example would be the armors from the bundle pack against the elite items. The reason for this is to give equal chance to all players - platinum buyers and those not.

Now this may be a big blow to STS revenue, as it would hurt plat sales. What I have in mind is to make "gems" possible. These gems would serve as upgrades to pets, but with no guarantee of success. They could either be bought through plat store for let's say 5-10 plat and dropped by bosses at an exceedingly rare rate, same rate with the pets. Those who want to blow money could purchase them through store, and those who refuse to do so would just have to farm for em.
    duck dynasty falls

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Limsi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

nope

Lady_Pebbles

Smh. This game is way too plat based.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

You all should leave your plat spending to another game.. Try PL or AL for pets, it's an automatic buy, not a chance at something.. This is STS' way of getting every last penny they can out of you!

~| SL: Sheriff - Burglar - Aracnus - Twink | PL: Excruciate | DL: Aracnus - Alarm | AL: Sacred - Slug |~

8.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #26
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

We will be announcing a new Fire Elemental pet that will be replacing Ripmaw as a plat based pet. Glacian, as with Hammerjaw, is designed and intended as an ultra rare pet. That isn't really going to change.

Previously, we'd have people complain that there wasn't anything really "rare" or wax nostalgic for ultra rare items in other games. Now that we actually have ultra rares, the flip side comes out - they're too hard to get, I want one, but can't get it. That's just how it is. We get that and understand your feelings about them - but again, that doesn't mean that they will change.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Lady_Pebbles

Will the Fire Pet -at least- be an Arcane item as well so players can finally get that achievement with a set plat cost of 250? I really have no desire to gamble crates for an achievement. Especially when its hard enough as it is to make gold in this game.

EDIT: We already have Mythics that drop in crates and the first Mythic was Ripmaw sold for plat only. Might as well have an Arcane pet sold for plat only as well. Whats the difference? Yall will still get your money and players get exactly what they pay for (this time) instead of gambling for it.

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 03-25-2013 at 01:59 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lady_Pebbles For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    We will be announcing a new Fire Elemental pet that will be replacing Ripmaw as a plat based pet. Glacian, as with Hammerjaw, is designed and intended as an ultra rare pet. That isn't really going to change.

Previously, we'd have people complain that there wasn't anything really "rare" or wax nostalgic for ultra rare items in other games. Now that we actually have ultra rares, the flip side comes out - they're too hard to get, I want one, but can't get it. That's just how it is. We get that and understand your feelings about them - but again, that doesn't mean that they will change.
    yes hard drops in the game, meaning like SL vanities or dragon vanities in PL...I believe thats the hard people are talking about...not really from locked crates. yes nice to have sweet stuff from crates, but the hunt is 10x better if your able to obtain them from the world drops.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Make that pet +20 Dex or up and +15 Int or up/ +15 Str or up and it's already sold.
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by octavos:1022552
    yes hard drops in the game, meaning like SL vanities or dragon vanities in PL...I believe thats the hard people are talking about...not really from locked crates. yes nice to have sweet stuff from crates, but the hunt is 10x better if your able to obtain them from the world drops.

Well said and I completely agree. Its one thing when there are items we can get for free but have to work hard for them to get them... Vs having to pay a lot of money at a -chance- to get them without any guarantee we will eventually loot them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

We need a thumbs down button to go along with the thumbs up.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrsberry For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Yep but ppl thought it will be dropable and not from plat-to-open crates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsberry View Post
    We need a thumbs down button to go along with the thumbs up.
    that's what I miss so often..

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    And how rare are dragon vanities? I ~personally~ disdain the idea of paying plat to open a locked crate and will not do it, but I understand where Sam is coming from. Due to the large number of players, the amount of time they spend, and the need to at least have ~some~ drop, it is virtually impossible to have something really rare where the only thing limiting it is luck and the amount of times you farm a boss. If it was that rare, it would likely never show up. There needs to be something else that affects the drop rate.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff:1022589
    Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    And how rare are dragon vanities? I ~personally~ disdain the idea of paying plat to open a locked crate and will not do it, but I understand where Sam is coming from. Due to the large number of players, the amount of time they spend, and the need to at least have ~some~ drop, it is virtually impossible to have something really rare where the only thing limiting it is luck and the amount of times you farm a boss. If it was that rare, it would likely never show up. There needs to be something else that affects the drop rate.

Try looting a Kriegberg Stone in DL when capped (2% drop rate as said on the description*.). Or one of the Relic weapons (slightly less rare than Kstone but still hella rare). Same thing only difference is they are droppable and not chance drop items. The gamble packs in DL are for plat weapons yet some of the best weapons in DL aren't bought with plat. As are the gems, plat gems there suck where as the regular droppable gems are the best to have in game. Making them gold sinks while having good optional plat gear. Even elite vanities (Gamer Set, etc.) are droppable and even thouh they aren't easy to drop (quite the opposite) the amount of gold able to be farmed over time makes it possible to get the items in a resonable amount of time.

AL needs better gold drops so we can also have this option. We need gold to be circulated and not hoarded. We have gold sinks like Pet Feeding and expensive pots, now all we need is some more gold circulating by upping the gold granted on maps. Too many plat sinks, buying gold with plat or using Trialplay/W3i for gold is way too costly. Hell the gold cap in game being raised doesn't help at all. Its ridiculous and makes prices go up higher. Who the hell is gonna buy expensive stuff like that if they can't gain enough gold to buy them with? Makes no sense.

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 03-25-2013 at 02:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

We need droppable Arcane and Mythic pets. Let it be 10x more rare than mali and drop from Elite Skull Cove

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by kingoburgo:1022604
    We need droppable Arcane and Mythic pets. Let it be 10x more rare than mali and drop from Elite Skull Cove

That would be great but fact is, they make too much money off of these pets so they probably won't do that. Even* though players will still buy luck elixirs or try to stack luck elixirs for the drops.. So technicly they'll make money either way.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

Try looting a Kriegberg Stone in DL when capped (2% drop rate as said on the descriptio.). Or one of the Relic weapons (slightly less rare than Kstone but still hella rare). Same thing only difference is they are droppable and not chance drop items. The gamble packs in DL are for plat weapons yet some of the best weapons in DL aren't bought with plat. As are the gems, plat gems there suck where as the regular droppable gems are the best to have in game. Making them gold sinks while having good optional plat gear. Even elite vanities (Gamer Set, etc.) are droppable and even thouh they aren't easy to drop (quite the opposite) the amount of gold able to be farmed over time makes it possible to get the items in a resonable amount of time.

AL needs better gold drops so we can also have this option. We need gold to be circulated and not hoarded. We have gold sinks like Pet Feeding and expensive pots, now all we need is some more gold circulating by upping the gold granted on maps. Too many plat sinks, buying gold with plat or using Trialplay/W3i for gold is way too costly. Hell the gold cap in game being raised doesn't help at all. Its ridiculous and makes prices go up higher. Who the hell is gonna buy expensive stuff like that if they can't gain enough gold to buy them with? Makes no sense.

This is gonna sound a little rude, but the simple truth is that DL does not have the issue of large numbers that PL and AL have. If you applied a 2% drop rate to a Mythic Item in AL, the CS would be FLOODED with them by morning. That I can guarantee. When dealing with such a high number of 'attempts', it gets extremely tricky to balance[ market flood / uber rare / doesn't exist ] since micro fluctuations in the drop percentage get magnified so quickly.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff
    This is gonna sound a little rude, but the simple truth is that DL does not have the issue of large numbers that PL and AL have. If you applied a 2% drop rate to a Mythic Item in AL, the CS would be FLOODED with them by morning. That I can guarantee. When dealing with such a high number of 'attempts', it gets extremely tricky to balance[ market flood / uber rare / doesn't exist ] since micro fluctuations in the drop percentage get magnified so quickly.

Its not rude lol. You kinda missed the point. Still you can see it in terms of SL as well. Same with Squid Buddy and Xrays. Hella hard to get as a drop but still enough credits (gold) drops on maps that can be farmed and in a reasonable time, you can get those items through the ah. There is no sense in having high cost items on AL when hardly any gold drops to begin with.

Especially when the gold cap is ridiculously high too.. Absolutely no sense lol.

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 03-25-2013 at 03:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    And how rare are dragon vanities?
    well, I thought id use examples since I do not know how rare they really are. I'm just thinking of when they first came out.

I ~personally~ disdain the idea of paying plat to open a locked crate and will not do it, but I understand where Sam is coming from.
    I do too, but I will never open a box...only 3 boxes ive ever opened..one happened to be VIP.

Due to the large number of players, the amount of time they spend, and the need to at least have ~some~ drop, it is virtually impossible to have something really rare where the only thing limiting it is luck and the amount of times you farm a boss. If it was that rare, it would likely never show up. There needs to be something else that affects the drop rate.
    Rare is how much money you have to open those boxes, since some items require you to open them for the achievement. I stick to my original statement.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos