Thread: The Other Side. (PARODY based on PvP rushing) & Discussion regarding Rushing allowed.

The Land Of Trolls. Graduated Medic from The Land Of Trolls.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Lightbulb The Other Side. (PARODY based on PvP rushing) & Discussion regarding Rushing allowed.

/ignore if you hate parodies, or can't be bothered to deal with this thread. This song is dedicated to new players in PvP or players that are considering rushing others. Yeah I know it's a simple Copy + Paste, but in all, this is a parody made just for fun, and the community shouldn't be offended by it's contents.

The Other Side

Chioricon
    Truth of the matter is it's complicated
    You're as straight as they come
    You go 'bout your day, baby
    While I had from the rush

It's better if you don't understand
    'Cause you won't know what it's like
    Until you try

You know I, I'll been waiting on the other side
    And you, all you gotta do is cross the line
    I could wait a whole life time but you just gotta decide
    You know I, I'll been waiting on the other
    Waiting on the other side

Ragericon
    We could play perfectly
    Who could ask for more
    You could rush if you want to do
    But baby, what for?

Chioricon
    And you won't know what it's like
    Until you try

Crapricon
    If they say spawning's great, call this pathetic
    'Cause this ain't Rusherville, it sure ain't medieval
    And once you cross the line, you can't change your mind
    Yeah, I'm a rusher but I'm not spawning people.

And quite frankly
    I've been feeling insane regarding those fights
    I really can't explain what I feel inside
    If you knew what this was, it's style or rush

Many have tried to go into the track
    Cross over to spawn and come back to brag
    But that's the price we pay
    When we living on the other side

Chioricon

Now on a more serious note, after the ZoneSmash incident with the developers confirmed that rushing is allowed, this has given rise to more players that cuss and insult others while rushing in a PvP match. Matches are more towards FFA nowadays, as the rushers would come in pairs to attack others that prefer the simple quiet way of 'medieval style' PvP. This has led to many new players being deterred from playing PvP as they would be spawned, rushed, or insulted at for no apparent reason. Even though I personally love FFA matches, and don't mind initiating fights that leads to FFA, is this what the new generation of Pocket Legends want PvP to be?

To be cussed and smeared at for no apparent reason in PvP? To get spawned in a CTF room where 3 people starts killing you for the fun of it?

I support the developers' statement that rushing is allowed in PvP, but will this give rise to a new generation of players worse in behavior than that of the current generation of Pocket Legends we are currently dealing with?

It's all up to the new generation of players now to decide.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wendellism For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

And this is why I moved to endgame CTF. It's all FFA, all the time. With less spawners too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto077 View Post
    And this is why I moved to endgame CTF. It's all FFA, all the time. With less spawners too.
    Yes, I have noticed the recent changes as well. However, don't get me wrong but I personally despise playing CTF since coordination is key, and that my friends have not touch on CTF as of yet.

CTF is meant to be fun, however lately I have heard from in-game friends of mine that CTF is also being overrun by spawners or players that do not play fair. Considering on how the developers approved of rushing, I would think twice before going on to CTF to play with others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wendellism View Post
    Yes, I have noticed the recent changes as well. However, don't get me wrong but I personally despise playing CTF since coordination is key, and that my friends have not touch on CTF as of yet.

CTF is meant to be fun, however lately I have heard from in-game friends of mine that CTF is also being overrun by spawners or players that do not play fair. Considering on how the developers approved of rushing, I would think twice before going on to CTF to play with others.
    Endgame CTF has the least amount of spawners of any PvP I've played. And if they do spawn you once, you can simply instant kill them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Hehe so true. I can handle for my part, the problem lies with the new players learning from the bad apples we have here. ^^

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Wendellism For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Nice song, as for name calling ( sticks and stones bro ) you may also use this for your next song title. For the new players being turned off be sure to direct them to find trips guild to have there training wheels removed. A world without rushing will be like a world without war. Have you ever watched demolision man... lets all sing the oscar myer song next omg ( murder death kill ).To quote micth "there must be ying and yang, fire and ice, good and evil".
    nobounds(flawless), voted best pally twice. Player in the most epic CTF. Retired from guild unity, revelation. Founder of guild Restoration. Tribe master of Shadow Dragons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nobounds View Post
    Nice song, as for name calling ( sticks and stones bro ) you may also use this for your next song title. For the new players being turned off be sure to direct them to find trips guild to have there training wheels removed. A world without rushing will be like a world without war. Have you ever watched demolision man... lets all sing the oscar myer song next omg ( murder death kill ).To quote micth "there must be ying and yang, fire and ice, good and evil".
    I don't condone rushing, but I do stand against players that cuss at others while rushing them. I would rather they keep their fingers focused on their skills rather than using the chatbox to insult old/new players in PvP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wendellism View Post
    I don't condone rushing, but I do stand against players that cuss at others while rushing them. I would rather they keep their fingers focused on their skills rather than using the chatbox to insult old/new players in PvP
    /report <namehere> <reasonhere>
    nobounds(flawless), voted best pally twice. Player in the most epic CTF. Retired from guild unity, revelation. Founder of guild Restoration. Tribe master of Shadow Dragons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

First of all, where are you getting this information? I'm not sure that what you stated at the end is true or not. FFA has been the play style for a long time and there wasn't near as much hate (at least at the levels I pvped at). We also did 1v1 and there wasn't near as much hate. It seems to me that, regardless of the play style, the hate has just increased. Not necessarily due to a more predominantly FFA style of pvp.

Here's my take on it: The attitude of the players reflects the attitude of their leaders. A long time ago we had people stepping up and doing the honorable thing regardless of how it affected their KDR or play experience in general. Those leaders are now few and far between. Perhaps if we started stepping up and setting the example there wouldn't be as much hate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    First of all, where are you getting this information? I'm not sure that what you stated at the end is true or not. FFA has been the play style for a long time and there wasn't near as much hate (at least at the levels I pvped at). We also did 1v1 and there wasn't near as much hate. It seems to me that, regardless of the play style, the hate has just increased. Not necessarily due to a more predominantly FFA style of pvp.

Here's my take on it: The attitude of the players reflects the attitude of their leaders. A long time ago we had people stepping up and doing the honorable thing regardless of how it affected their KDR or play experience in general. Those leaders are now few and far between. Perhaps if we started stepping up and setting the example there wouldn't be as much hate.
    Would thank this..
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme View Post
    Would thank this..
    Haha I don't need a "thank" to know you appreciate it! I appreciate the thought either way

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I rush sometimes, get over it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hotpimp View Post
    I rush sometimes, get over it.
    It's not that he's mad at rushers he's mad at hateful or annoying people who spawn and complain and rage and brag.

i think that the things the rushers that act like that are in some way cyber bullying, you're humiliating them infront of other players and you're just cussing and trying to get them mad, you're definitely right that it's a really important issue
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    It's not that he's mad at rushers he's mad at hateful or annoying people who spawn and complain and rage and brag.

i think that the things the rushers that act like that are in some way cyber bullying, you're humiliating them infront of other players and you're just cussing and trying to get them mad, you're definitely right that it's a really important issue
    Would thank this..