Thread: I miss finding eggs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Default I miss finding eggs

how do i say this without sounding like a cheap ranting old man... i guess i cant.
    seems to me like all the really good new eggs are obtained with plat, and ill even include ripmaw to my list cause its the pet that really started the trend imo
    you want clyde? staight up pay money, wyatt? same story.
    mccraw hammerjaw or glacian? buy some plat open some crates -.- and by some i mean alot.
    what we have left of the useful new pets is jack but its not a boss pet and konga which i think looks cool but nothing more

my point is that i want new awesome pets i can actually farm, not just purchase with my big fat wallat. please, it makes farming with your friends that much more fun.
    like the good ol' days when ribbit was new (i wasnt even playin al back then but i heard stories)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to matanofx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

And get off my lawn you damn kids!

Just kidding. I think it's a fair balance. STS needs to pay for their operation, development, infrastructure, testers, etc. Would you rather pay a monthly subscription, or leave the elite eggs and items to the high plat spenders?

The other extreme is what has happened in Pocket Legends, where Elixir usage has destroyed all facets of the game.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

i partially agree. yes they need to pay for their blah blah blah but i dont think its a fair balance, i mean common give us atleast one kick *** new malison style pet to farm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Id pay monthly for elite pets

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Yes it would be nice for some good pets to drop from bosses.

Lady_Pebbles

I kinda agree too. Yeah we have the usual pets to farm and all that jazz but I guess the problem is that the new pets with great stats are all plat where as the farmable pets are all still the same ones and have decent stats. Would be nice to get a couple of new pets with good stats that we can farm along with new plat pets. At least pets on par with Malison's stats and its drop rate or slightly rarer. Something to farm for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

How about a rare pet that can only be farmed for.... That would be awesome. Here's an idea....

In the next expansion have a really hard dungeon like elite skull cove. Have a mythic or arcane pet that is a very rare drop that only comes from that boss. Then you will really see people farming a tough dungeon to try to get it.

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric:1024057
    How about a rare pet that can only be farmed for.... That would be awesome. Here's an idea....

In the next expansion have a really hard dungeon like elite skull cove. Have a mythic or arcane pet that is a very rare drop that only comes from that boss. Then you will really see people farming a tough dungeon to try to get it.

That would be great. At least it kills two birds with one stone... Keep the Mythics & Arcanes as rare while giving players a way to get them (other than paying hella plat or gold in the AH for them).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I havent even found one..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post

i want to agree but only one thought comes to my mind, almost only people with plat could get this pet cause youll need to buy a loot alixir. almost like farming firesquid/flints etc..
    i dont say make it a super rare arcane/mythic. just a pet with good stats that is not SUPER hard to farm

Tournament & Ladder Leader Genuinous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

I did enjoy farming for pets a lot, but with the new expansions there is less need for that. The best new pets come from crates or are (temporarily) plat exclusive.

However if you look at Paradise Pier, there is a beast master standing there, currently without any purpose. I do suppose that in the near future (or with the next expansion latest) he will get a role and hand out quests and way to farm for eggs. Also plat exclusive (not mythic/arcane) pets will be introduced as drops, just like you've seen with Nexus, Frost, etc.

Nonetheless I wish there were more pets in the game and more pets could be farmed either with the quest line seen in the first 2 set of maps (but sadly missing in dead city and kraken) or pets coming from drops (again lacking badly in the last 2 expansions, while wrath/snaggle was easily farmed from jarl).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by matanofx View Post
    i want to agree but only one thought comes to my mind, almost only people with plat could get this pet cause youll need to buy a loot alixir. almost like farming firesquid/flints etc..
    i dont say make it a super rare arcane/mythic. just a pet with good stats that is not SUPER hard to farm
    Yeah, but a loot elixir costs 2 plat which most players can spare. And loot elixir gives you only a 25% chance of reroll, so doesn't really help so much. I think the problem with elite skull cove now is that best drop is kraken skewer. I got one and it's a great item, but at best worth 500k-3m depending on which variety you have. If there was an arcane pet that dropped he would be worth 10m+ which I think would be enough to get players to farm there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I think another issue is that there are no achievements for the latest group of pets, so nobody really cares to get them. The big thing in seasons 1 & 2 was trying to become beastmaster and so egg prices got way high even for pets that weren't so good just because you needed them for the achievement. I think they need to add more pet achievements.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I think another issue is that there are no achievements for the latest group of pets, so nobody really cares to get them. The big thing in seasons 1 & 2 was trying to become beastmaster and so egg prices got way high even for pets that weren't so good just because you needed them for the achievement. I think they need to add more pet achievements.
    I think the reason they didnt add monkey and toucan achievements is because 1 of each of them is only obtainable through plat and another (Mccraw) is found in crates, although you can buy them too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Natrich View Post
    I think the reason they didnt add monkey and toucan achievements is because 1 of each of them is only obtainable through plat and another (Mccraw) is found in crates, although you can buy them too
    Quite a few of the pets needed for "beastmaster" and the other pet achievements are/were plat only such as Nexus, Frost, Dart, and a few others which I cannot remember (maybe hazel?)

Lady_Pebbles

Actually, Konga the monkey is only available after completing all of the elite Kraken maps & it comes with an Achievement. I think more pets like that would be great to have. Perhaps an Arcane pet for finishing all the Nrord Elite Maps in the next expansion would suffice? I get the feeling those maps will be hard on an epic scale. XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Yeah they should add a new farmable pet. I'm dying to tiredness because I don't have anything to farm. In the Dead City expansion I farmed Malison and Wrath/Snaggle, but now there is no good pet for farming. Everyone just farms Kraken Isles items.
    And there are so many plat only pets (some of them costs like 30m so...) like Glacian, Ripmaw etc. I'm not saying that is a bad thing, that's nice when there's something ultra rare. My friend opened yesterday 90 Watch Crates and (after 50 crates) he got 1 McCraw! Not worth for over 1000 plat!

Aniscater (lv 31 sorcerer)------Anislayer (lv 25 rogue)------Valtterijr (lv 23 warrior)