Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Ripmaw Replaced by Slag the Fire Elemental on Thursday - Comparison - UPDATED!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post
    So that was uncalled for, I never said anybody was whining, my feedback was constructive detailing how a +10 str pet does same as +30 dex pet for warrior...saying im crying r us, and whining is not within forum rules....and yes pets still have everything to do with toons...pets = class warefare because they are now included in pvp...if no pets were in pvp we wouldn't be having this convo...I would have loved a rouge on my team having that op pet in pve... however with pets in pvp this is the problem it presents.. I also might add that I own two rouges, one 26, 1 for twinking....IMO they are op and I find no enjoyment as a player obliterating people in 1-3 seconds...there's no challenge, takes zero skill to do... All im doing is standing up for warriors and mages alike so its balanced....if rouges get nerfed bad, ill stand up for you as well....as I already have in this thread sayibg you need 30 dex pet and maybe I ts upcoming in new pets, bottom line this pet does not truly benefit any clas over the other which is why I like it...all classes can use it... and jist like ripmaw, how mythic pets should be
    Actually i was LOLing bout wat he had said in d later part of his post

Oh!! And thnx for standing up for our +30 dex pet!!!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Now that it's been mentioned, this does seem like a Kettle clone lol.

I'm definitely rethinking buying it now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Natrich View Post
    Now that it's been mentioned, this does seem like a Kettle clone lol.

I'm definitely rethinking buying it now.
    I agree.

Maybe this thread and the one pasted below should be merged...

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=91549

I'll paste my suggestion from that thread on the bottom of this post. I believe STS is always open for constructive suggestions and I'd strongly recommend making your suggestions clear so there still might be a chance for change...

I believe my suggestion wouldn't make other pets obsolete nor would it make it an 'OP' pet. But it would make it more attractive as compared to with its current stats...

Would it hurt to make its str/dex/int stats 20/20/20? At least it would be better without having to count on its arcane ability with its fairly long cooldown. It's a new pet after all and it's mythic, wouldn't it be fair to have just slightly buffed stats as compared to already existing ones? Kettle is already very similar in stats and malison gives 20/20/20 + 5crit. So, arcane abilities aside, 20/20/20 stats on the new pet doesn't sound unreasonable does it?

20/20/20 also has the advantage of it becoming truly useful for every class equally, and wouldn't mean a 'completely OP' difference in stats compared to existing pets.

Furthermore, there's this new cap coming where int/dex/str points will mean less because of our naturally/gear added stats. If this pet is supposed to be a preview of some sorts for the next cap, wouldn't it make sense it had buffed stats, even if it was only very minimal?

All the reasons above make me firmly believe that 20/20/20 str/dex/int would make the pet be more useful for any class, without making it OP, only driving sales of it up.

Doesn't that sound like a win-win?

Of course, this is all my opinion about it. I would like to hear what other people think about this too

Edit: forgot to paste part of the post O.o
    Last edited by JaytB; 03-27-2013 at 11:31 AM.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Back to original stats plz...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

if they made it a buffed version of Malison that doesn't sound unreasonable to me and would indeed make me reconsider purchasing it - perhaps 25/25/25?

Otherwise I really dont see what is mythic about it - much less why it ought be worth 250 plat.

I get the wider appeal thing (not going to pretend I wouldn't have preferred the original stats as a rogue - but hey understand why they changed their mind - wider appeal = wider sales).

Lets not forget Malison is legendary - even mcCraw (which has 4 stats as happiness bonus) is legendary

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vystirch View Post
    Back to original stats plz...
    Come on, you know there was too much whining for this to even be considered again. Wouldn't my post above be a fair compromise for everyone?

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    I agree.

I'll paste my suggestion from that thread on the bottom of this post. I believe STS is always open for constructive suggestions and I'd strongly recommend making your suggestions clear so there still might be a chance for change...

I believe my suggestion wouldn't make other pets obsolete nor would it make it an 'OP' pet. But it would make it more attractive as compared to with its current stats...

Would it hurt to make its str/dex/int stats 20/20/20? At least it would be better without having to count on its arcane ability with its fairly long cooldown. It's a new pet after all and it's mythic, wouldn't it be fair to have just slightly buffed stats as compared to already existing ones? Kettle is already very similar in stats and malison gives 20/20/20 + 5crit. So, arcane abilities aside, 20/20/20 stats on the new pet doesn't sound unreasonable does it?

20/20/20 also has the advantage of it becoming truly useful for every class equally, and wouldn't mean a 'completely OP' difference in stats compared to existing pets.

Furthermore, there's this new cap coming where int/dex/str points will mean less because of our naturally/gear added stats. If this pet is supposed to be a preview of some sorts for the next cap, wouldn't it make sense it had buffed stats, even if it was only very minimal?

All the reasons above make me firmly believe that 20/20/20 str/dex/int would make the pet be more useful for any class, without making it OP, only driving sales of it up.

Of course, this is all my opinion about it. I would like to hear what other people think about this too

I like the 20/20/20
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Bring it back to 30DEX. Stop listening to whiners and do what you think it's best as Designers and Developers (which is to finally make a 30DEX pet).

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mysticaleagle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I agree.

If it would be 20/20/20, 10 speed and so mightly arcane ability, what's are Arcane Pets for? You stated it shouldn't be OP, 20/20/20 would push balance too much.

I suggest STS buff hammerjaw and glacian to make them more desirable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbetha View Post
    if they made it a buffed version of Malison that doesn't sound unreasonable to me and would indeed make me reconsider purchasing it - perhaps 25/25/25?

Otherwise I really dont see what is mythic about it - much less why it ought be worth 250 plat.

I get the wider appeal thing (not going to pretend I wouldn't have preferred the original stats as a rogue - but hey understand why they changed their mind - wider appeal = wider sales).

Lets not forget Malison is legendary - even mcCraw (which has 4 stats as happiness bonus) is legendary
    Although I agree, I believe the 20/20/20 would bring less whining to the forums as compared to the 25/25/25.

The 25 stat is near the maximum stat that any pet can add (30). While other pets sacrifice in other stats to achiever that +30, the pet with 25 would not. It would basically make it arguably one of the best, if not THE best, pet all around. It would make people who don't want to spend plat feel left out.

That's why I belive the 20 stat would be a more fair option for everyone.

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaleagle View Post
    Bring it back to 30DEX. Stop listening to whiners and do what you think it's best as Designers and Developers (which is to finally make a 30DEX pet).
    30 DEX, 12%damage 60armor - without movement speed and 10 int features - and it would be good Dex pet not only for rogue.

There are already a lot of pet's with 15/15/15, give us some diversity please.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jtst View Post
    30 DEX, 12%damage 60armor - without movement speed and 10 int features - and it would be good Dex pet not only for rogue.

There are already a lot of pet's with 15/15/15, give us some diversity please.
    Than I want a 30str 12% damage 60 armor pet with mana....lol, dex does little for other two classes bow
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

I do agree hammwrjaw needs huge buff, arcane should be incredible

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

In AL as in life the whiners get the better loot. Sorcerers pls l2whine better. We are still gimped in pvp and the next expansion is for op warriors.
    Yes we have a nice pet but we are still the least fun class to play.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by uzidredar View Post
    In AL as in life the whiners get the better loot. Sorcerers pls l2whine better. We are still gimped in pvp and the next expansion is for op warriors.
    Yes we have a nice pet but we are still the least fun class to play.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    It's easier to call people whiners than actually thinking about the problem and coming up with suggestions to improve it

U rok, thanks!

Lady_Pebbles

People... Some of you are forgeting that there are other pets great for Warriors already??!!! For example, Snaggletooth has +25 STR & +4 mana regen, which means your small mana pool would regen pretty fast. Hell I use him on my Warrior and sometimes my Mage and Rogue in pvp cuz its decent & helps with survivability. Also Shiloh with +40 STR arcane for a few seconds.

Then theres McCraw for Rogues.. And Horton! Hellurr the +15 INT arcane actually helps with the mana regen on Rogues a lot.

Why are yall even focusing on +30 on the main stat for the classes other than a damage boost??? +30 INT on Colton and Clyde actually work better for Rogues and Warriors since they need more mana than Mages do. Mages need more survivability not more mana when it comes to PvP & PvE imo! Hell I've seen more and more Rogues and Warriors lately using those pets vs Mages because it balances out their stats. I mean come on, even my Mage's hp goes way down when I equip a Colton vs a Ribbit or Horton.. & those are Warrior/Rogue pets when it comes to crits and stats. X.x

Also Malison! Its the one pet that gives the best overall stats to every class in game.

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 03-27-2013 at 12:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Keep the new stats for Slag, sell for 250Plat. Release an Arcane version of Slag (like an evolution) with original stats the same day for 400plat. Money, problem solved. I'll buy two for my Tank and Assissan if you want to go that way.
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zuzeq View Post
    Keep the new stats for Slag, sell for 250Plat. Release an Arcane version of Slag (like an evolution) with original stats the same day for 400plat. Money, problem solved. I'll buy two for my Tank and Assissan if you want to go that way.
    Although I'd definitely buy me one (or 2) of those, I think this would make many non-plat spenders feel left out.

Maybe offering them in different 'flavors' with different stats for some extra plat, without making them OP, could be an interesting option

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Although I'd definitely buy me one (or 2) of those, I think this would make many non-plat spenders feel left out.

Maybe offering them in different 'flavors' with different stats for some extra plat, without making them OP, could be an interesting option

Even better Jay. One 30+ DEX, 30+ STR and 30+ INT. Make three versions, it would be like Pokemon...lol.
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zuzeq View Post
    Even better Jay. One 30+ DEX, 30+ STR and 30+ INT. Make three versions, it would be like Pokemon...lol.
    Gotta catch em all!

U rok, thanks!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post: