Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: I don't like that I can't get the best items without some investment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deadroth View Post
    O.O

Well... Im playing 4 months and i have average-made sor-char... Good stats... Without plat... But the vanities... OHHH I must have them... So i do free offers LOL
    That's one ugly cat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I see, so grammar falls into the category of nerd, but basic math doesn't. Are you a self hating nerd? Anyhow, I just want to point out that guys location says Arkansas, and the main point I was trying to get across was to not demand and rant for changes, instead explain why changes would be necessary. Which is hard to do when nobody understands a word you're saying.

Cheers.
    Basic is the keyword in that first sentence. Rollo, there are two definitions of a nerd. Not all of them are smart, but sure, I'd consider myself a little on the nerdy side.

My point is you could have told him in a way that wasn't so rude and condescending.

Cheers.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Sam said it in another thread somewhere, and I'll echo it here (I'm paraphrasing): you vote with your wallet. That's why I've stopped spending any plat whatsoever on AL, even free offers. I was never a huge plat spender to begin with, so it's not like I expect anyone to care, but this is literally the only way to get a point across with any kind of effectiveness. I still play the game. It's a great game, no question (although I prefer PL). There are certain things about it that are rubbing me the wrong way, though, so I don't spend money on them.

So, to sum up: if you dislike the direction the game seems to be heading, I suggest you stop giving in and opening thousands of locked crates and instead vote with your wallet. Unless that happens, there could be a million threads like this and nothing would change.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

This thread has gone WAAAY off topic, Apollo, ignore this guy. He's OBVIOUSLY trolling. Come on parth, u know he's trolling, after all this time with dudetus?

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I think this thread should be moved to forum games, change the name to "Forum Arena".

name == KAZILLO // status?* >offline< **time.approx "awhile"
    rebooting. . . .
    *status?* >online<

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

I agree that with how STS is making the game go, it's very well getting further and further from their initial "no pay-to-win' concept. That part i dislike, and so for that I've decided to *ever slowly* wean myself off from the game. The time i spend on STS games have significantly reduced.

But should we complain? Create threads to express our dislike? I don't think so.

If you don't like the game, then just move on. It's not that hard, is it? Many plats have been spent, dollars lost. It's a mistake that you can regret for the rest of your life. Be it still though, its much better to just move on rather than continue pouring out the contents of your wallet in something that you don't even appreciate.
    Last edited by Destructible; 04-06-2013 at 05:31 AM.
    Destructible - Level 21 Warrior

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Destructible For This Useful Post:

Junior Member Netherworld_Dragonfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mstj:1034925
    I mean, I used 2000 plats to buy best equips for me and for my wife at lv21. And lvl cap move up to 26, all we bought became 1/100 price..and when lv31 cap, I am sure it will happen again..
    Same happened in DL.,when lvl cap was raised to 36,all the old lvl 31 legendary(really good weapons since there's only 3 relic [your mythic and there's no arcane rarity equivalent]) were practically WORTHLESS except viper twins(best weapon you get without purchasing a "chance at _____ weapon pack") and even they dropped lots in price. I got one that had dps only a little lower than viper twins when I reached 31 (lvl cap raised when I was on 29 or 30) for 150 GOLD. I could've bought 3 or 4 of them only doing one run of an easy map. But before they were like 10k or higher.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

STS has a great game that is "free" to play. They have employees who have families and they have to pay them. If they made AL pay to play a lot less people would ever have played -- they suck people into the game (which is really good) and then when those players want to reach upper echelons of game play they have to cough up dough. I haven't bought play directly but like to do the United Way donation because it makes me feel like I'm doing something ($30 donation to united way = 224 plat and I can take this off on my taxes I reckon).
    Picosecond(26)/Nanowire(10)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to wolfkult For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Destructible View Post
    I agree that with how STS is making the game go, it's very well getting further and further from their initial "no pay-to-win' concept. That part i dislike, and so for that I've decided to *ever slowly* wean myself off from the game. The time i spend on STS games have significantly reduced.

But should we complain? Create threads to express our dislike? I don't think so.

If you don't like the game, then just move on. It's not that hard, is it? Many plats have been spent, dollars lost. It's a mistake that you can regret for the rest of your life. Be it still though, its much better to just move on rather than continue pouring out the contents of your wallet in something that you don't even appreciate.
    You really don't have to pay to win. You have to pay to have ultra uber rare equips that almost nobody has.

I think it's a fair price to pay to keep elixir or of the game.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    You really don't have to pay to win. You have to pay to have ultra uber rare equips that almost nobody has.

I think it's a fair price to pay to keep elixir or of the game.
    It isn't pay-to-win, not yet. Best gear can still be bought with gold. But i do find it gradually becoming uninteresting over time.
    Destructible - Level 21 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

lol title got change 2nd time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Default Forgetting the gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Jackyll View Post
    *sigh* I really didn't ever want to have to write a post like this but I believe it needs to be brought to the attention to STS in a severe and upfront way. I have played Arcane Legends almost from the beginning and have enjoyed it for quite some time. That being said there are a number of growing issues I see as a gamer that are either being overlooked or STS just doesn't care.

1. The game is so undoubted plat driven it hurts. You simple can not go out and farm for the best pets or items anymore you have to buy crates and open them with platinum or buy pets from the pet stable that aren't even worth the amount of plat they're charging for them. On the fact that you have to open crates you lose twice. Which brings up point 2.

2. Locked crates were the beginning of the end of the game. You have to either farm or buy from consignment shop. Farming them is a pain because the drop rate of them are so low that it's just simply easier to buy them. Well in buying them you lose twice like i said. You lose gold and platinum on one crate.

3. Three also relates to 1. and 2. in that in order to get anything great you have to farm your hind end off to get it. Fine I'm ok with that. But in order to get anything good you have to farm in Elites which, as I said in previous posts, is not for the casual gamer. So you have to load up on potions, but wait....those cost gold too. So you have to spend money on pots to farm (which I'll address the laughable drop rate in number 4.) you farm and farm and are hemorrhaging pots and gold in order to stay in the game. Then it finally happens, you get something worth selling. licking your wounds you go to the consignment shop to sell it. Then comparing the amount of gold you spent on pots, don't forget feeding your pet, you realize you're losing money every time you try to farm.

4. the biggest issue is the two tier drop rate or lack there of. you farm and farm and farm and farm losing money on pots and feeding your pet and farm and farm and farm. you get nothing MAYBE MAYBE if you're lucky you get a crate or chests. BUT seeing as this is a two tier system now you have to roll the dice on that crate or chest. do you want to sell it and make some money back to farm some more, or open it and possibly lose plat on crate or make less than 100 gold on the chests contents because you rarely get an item worth anything.

Example: I have farmed Palm Rock for what seems like forever, day in day out all day all night Palm Rock. Trying to get that staff that I don't even need but i know it sells for millions so I wanted it to drop so I can make some gold. Not only did I NEVER get the staff to drop I never even got an elite gold pirate chest. AND to pour salt in the wound I watched two other ppl get the staff ONE THEIR FIRST RUNS. So i said screw it i'll get some more plat (if you know me you know I spent an insane amount of plat on opening crates for Hammerjaw) i'll open more crates and get a mythic or Glacian or something to revive myself in this game. lets just say it would have been better to spend the platinum on gold and get something then waste my plat and time on opening crates.

So to wrap this up and get off my soap box I will say this, STS has forgotten the gamer and only thinks of their money in my opinion. They want us to get plat and gamble on opening crates. or spend it on rerolls and I'm sick of it, something has to change in this upcoming expansion or i'm done and trust me when I say i'm not the only one.
    I am sure with you on that cause I felt like a fool spending all this money on plat. I thought I was the only one. I got 51 locked crates scared to open them. I had managed to rack up about 250 when they were 3 to 9 k I got reckless and just went to opening crates and buying crates and doing hauntlet to get crates. And nothing and some I got doing elite. But no hammerjaw. No nothing for that matter. The best thing I got were those brutality one and I caught the market at a good time and made about 80k. Which is rediculous because once u make new cap them things drop to about 5k. I just want to farm for hammerjaw. U can have all the other stuff. I got 51 left. I probably won't open those till I get 56 more. By then I guess I'll lose interest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

necromancer -,-

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk HD
    ^ Battle Dragons IGN

Et tu, brute?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

This is the direction app games are going and have been for awhile. I really don't mind IAPs but it needs to be done right. For example I play lots of games but most of these games go the pay to win route while offering some great dropped items the drop rate of these items are so low its hardly worth the effort. This happens in most app games these days. Which in the end leaves players like me bored and unfulfilled. I refuse to buy gear cause that leaves nothing left to earn or do. But to be the best you have to pay. If world of Warcraft and other games went this route they wouldn't have a multi million player base who constantly pays for subscriptions and expansions. Why? Cause you can farm the best gear. Not log on enter your CC and click away with your fingers crossed. The best players earn their status by investing lots of time.
    That being said STS is a business they know all of this. They probably paid people to research the life line of apps games. Hence why they release so many titles leaving their old titles in the closet. If people will pay they will continue the cycle. Like water. 20-30 years ago selling bottle water was unheard of. Now its in every house hold. If people will pay ,someone will be there to sell it. Supply and demand.
    Last edited by Elements; 05-24-2013 at 04:37 PM. Reason: miss click post

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Elements For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

GAME UNINSTALL nd DELETED.
    yh i did coz i dnt wanna waste time here in this shyt game. all i get is sme shyt . i wasted about 2k plats.
    nd dafuq i hav hardly 1mil.
    goodbye sts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Ok, bye, thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zuzeq View Post
    Subscriptions are the way to go. I mean leave vanities, some pets and bundle deals for platinum only. I'd play $15-$20 bucks a month without thinking about it.

You have to remember that maybe most people (students etc) who play this game may not be working. Currently when you sign in to the game there is always quite a number of people. Change to your pricing model and you may become a loner. I guess atleast in PVE you will find minions to fight but PVP hmmmm. lol.

I can pay just like you but won't. I don't think it's worth it. At my age I have enough discipline to break away from a game playing habit that will constantly cost me $20 a month. Too may other gaming options out there.

STS has to make money to support their staff and they are doing just that. I have no problem with this. They have also created ways for people to still enjoy the game without paying. People think they have to have the best gear to enjoy the game not true. If you can't afford it conserve your plats and gold that you have so that you can keep playing. Don't try to get everything all the advance stuff that you see in the game. For example I bought Ripmaw some time ago, I did not get SLAG. Sure I was tempted, just like opening crates, but I didn't buy it and I don't open crates any longer. What I do is buy plats when they time is right from saving or from cash that I put away just for entertainment.
    Last edited by Oraceanid; 05-25-2013 at 11:03 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGunX View Post
    yh i did coz i dnt wanna waste time here in this shyt game. all i get is sme shyt . i wasted about 2k plats.
    goodbye sts.

Yep I have lost quite a number of playing buddies along the way. lol. Empty Guild....lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGunX View Post
    goodbye sts.
    well can I have your stuffs?

sayonara mr. shadowgun~

^ Battle Dragons IGN

Et tu, brute?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greencrow View Post
    necromancer -,-

Replying to a thread that's only just over a month old isn't a necro IMO.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky