Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: I don't like that I can't get the best items without some investment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Here comes my penny's worth......

I used to PL up to about Level 55 and then I got side tracked, but it was great. The feel of that game was about skill and team-ship. There was none of this 'lottery' style crates dropping or the like. Ok, you could buy things in store with gold and or plat but that was just an extra option. You earned mostly what you got by game play and determination with a bit of good luck thrown in. My point is you felt good about what you achieved because you worked hard to get it. You didn't just pay your way. You played your way.

In AL there is something of a bad taste in my mouth when I play because there is always the spend more dollars and do it the Plat way. And the way the game is set up is all geared exactly that way. Honestly, if I waited on luck and spending the odd amount of Plat on crates every now and again, I would be waiting until I die to get some of the amazing items I hear about. So people must be spending ridiculous amounts of dollars and then Plat on this game to get stuff, unless they never stop playing it 24/7. Is this what this game is supposed to be about, because I am greatly confused if it is. I thought this game was going to be an amazing meld of all the best parts of the previous Legends, with the added beauty of up to the minute graphics. Amazing multiple online game play with stunning looks and great team strategies please!!!

Maybe it would be better to charge for the map packs rather than all this money grabbing in game. Did anyone play Dungeon Defenders on PC or Mac? The developers used that avenue and it worked very well. If you wanted more play maps you bought them on release. Also if you wanted the outfits and other extras you could buy them.

This game is turning into a huge 'Alter Ego Stock Exchange' with only a few reaping the rewards. What happened to the game play, guys? So far all I see is the same thing being churned over and over. We will be able to walk around the maps blind folded soon as they all look the same.

MAXIMUSMIX - ZELVIRA

2. The Following User Says Thank You to euromikeym For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

I say no to subscription fee/s. Being a university student living alone far away from home, I budget things a lot - setting what things needed to be bought first and saving up for the future. Though it may sound weird, I still depend on my parents when it comes to everything - they pay for everything that I need and as a "thoughtful and kindhearted" daughter (lol), I do not go beyond what they give me.

Arcane Legends has been and still is a part of my daily activit;I never fail to login say by day to do few runs in elite seas and pvp for at least 2 hours to the extent that even during long hours of Java Programming classes, I sneak to play. I have used platinum and yes bought them for vanities and luck elixirs hoping for a good drop. That's it, I'm happy how the things are now! I can choose on which part of the content I pay for and not pay for the access of the game itself.

Since we have no idea whether how much the subscription fee will cost, or whether there would be a subscription system in this game, I cannot speak and set my words on a stone. But one thing is for sure, if ever it pushes through, there would certainly be a decrease on the population of players. Since players vary on group ages, there will be the ones who can pay for the subscription fee and those not - for reasons I do not know. I personally don't like to see this happening since it's marvelous how the previous legends title have managed to survive without subscription fee being charged among its players. I know STS can find a way to survive the business industry without sacrificing the enjoyment of their customers -plat players and those not.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadbite View Post
    Well spoken! Also they should make the fee able to be purchased with plat. So there is still hope for us that do free plat.
    How about those who live in a country who barely have plat offers and at the same time cannot pay for the subscription fee? Seems like goodbye to them? That's going to be sad! I have seen players here who spend most of the time being online and gaining riches by farming and merching without spending platinum! There are also those who make it to PvP and elite timed leaderboards (pure) who consistently play the game exceeding those who just log in and pay for opening crates in hopes of rare items and go poof. I'd like to believe it's going to be unfair for those who have nothing but time as their foundation to have fun and excel in the game having their life in AL being cut down.
    Last edited by Limsi; 03-28-2013 at 09:23 AM.
    duck dynasty falls

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Limsi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I completely agree with this post. There is not a thing I can disagree with. I've had an issue with sts since I spent 1200 plat and received hammerjaw egg about 800plat into it.when It showed up I was disconnected from server before I could even go into my inventory to see it. when I logged back in there was no egg. I was so upset I emailed STS and they told me I needed proof of receiving the egg.like a screenshot. I got even more upset because who in their right mind would have taken a screenshot of receiving the egg when it was loading out of the a locked chest. Who would even have known they would have gotten egg in the chest 2 take the picture of? I honestly don't know why I play anymore. Probably for my friends in guild. And helping players merch. My advice is don't spend ur hard earned cash on plat 97%chance u get ripped off. If u get free Google play cards or iTunes cards thats what I find best to use. Also if u trynna do offers use gift card with low balance $10. ;-) Gamertag-(Thaifood)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Play without spending plat is hard but I really enjoy when I drop some pink gears by myself. Maybe I will never have any mythic or arcane items but I am proud to have earned almost 2 millions since I started the game.
    The game really starts to turn to the advantage of those who pay. It will be nice that STS reward lambda players in putting some arcane/ mythic pet in token store or hauntlet store.

To be well equipped, you must pay. Btw I understand STS need to earn their living but please don't make AL a game for plat users. Many friends starting to leave the game and return in a game more fairer.
    I like to play with my friends but today I can't persuade them to come back. In the early days I did advertising for AL, it is no longer the case.

Like you, I seriously thinking about quitting the game, I no longer really enjoy to play now.

/Anecdote/

My friend said: WOW so excited, there will be an update with new pet ( hammerjaw)
    [After update] friend: Need plat for this pet :'( not even possible to get him in farming.

When I say him, there is a ice pet, He said to me: Can we drop him without plat?
    Me: No.
    Him: Ok, it is useless to open AL. Let's play to RO 2!
    Last edited by Sibayjing; 03-28-2013 at 09:44 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sibayjing For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Plat sink= lack of desire to play i log in to chat that is all... Inbefore chatlog costs plat to access
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

AL is still fun but I agree with most that it seems that you have to pay to win. STS still has to make money so I understand that there are certain things you have to pay for but I think it's a little too much when the best things available are in the locked crates which you have to pay to open. Like I said I still enjoy playing and will continue to do so and I will use plat to buy certain things like vanities. However I probably won't be playing as much as I just started playing Avabel this week which is a lot of fun and plan on playing Defiance soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    Many people say they will quit if they had to pay $5 a month subscription fee. I say if you aren't spending $5 a month in plat already then you aren't contributing anything financially to the game so having you quit wouldn't affect the bottom line at all.
    I spend about 500-1000plat every month on AL but never would I play subscription base MMO (not the case with RTS-games where it's the only way to make things fair - to pay before play). I like the current state of the game with a huge players base, yes, most of them pay nothing or very little, but you can find all kind of folks to discuss, play and chat. I was once a poor student, and I know that sometimes all that you have is your time and energy, and such people make this game fun. Sorry for my cloudy language, but that's my position: no to subscription.
    Also I would like to see Arcane and Mythic pets as droppable (not hammerjaw and glacian). This would give all kind of people the possibility to get arcane pet. Who wants more cooler looking HammerJaw would pay for it (I opened about 200 crates and got nothing; whatever, I bought it anyway from AH using plat to gold).
    My conclusion is that anyone should have the possibility in game to reach in the game what he wants, and everyone can reach it with his own way - it can be dedication, time and energy, it can be money, or it can be your talent. About talent - I would like to see more social features in game and more diversity, like choosing your profession (for example, merchant would his auction fees cut to 3%, adventurer would have 50% more gold from stories, ranger would have addition 5% loot reroll), like having the ability to choose governor for the cities like Kraag, Pier, Outpost for 1 week (idk about his responsibilities, just fun), and real drawing or music contests for AL (on forum or integrate smth simple in the game) or writing the best slogan/advertising/poem (and it would be displayed on the board for a week) and give for these talents real rewards - 100-200 plat for every week contests. Give us more communication and guild functions, please.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kingoburgo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gunshadow:1026736
    AL is still fun but I agree with most that it seems that you have to pay to win. STS still has to make money so I understand that there are certain things you have to pay for but I think it's a little too much when the best things available are in the locked crates which you have to pay to open. Like I said I still enjoy playing and will continue to do so and I will use plat to buy certain things like vanities. However I probably won't be playing as much as I just started playing Avabel this week which is a lot of fun and plan on playing Defiance soon.
    Avabel ign raxin hit meh up acolyte
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

not really the company's fault, it's the player's fault for feeding sts all that money. Now sts probably thinks "ok, this method seems to be working. After all, it's very popular. Why not do some more stuff like this?" If the players realized that the game was so highly money-based and decided to stop paying for stuff in the game, maybe sts would change their angle and rethink the whole "paying for crates" thing.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Oskitopee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

By that time itll be too late
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oskitopee View Post
    not really the company's fault, it's the player's fault for feeding sts all that money. Now sts probably thinks "ok, this method seems to be working. After all, it's very popular. Why not do some more stuff like this?" If the players realized that the game was so highly money-based and decided to stop paying for stuff in the game, maybe sts would change their angle and rethink the whole "paying for crates" thing.
    This, I can't believe we have players asking to make the mythic pet slag into arcane instead of leaving it at mythic. What the hell are you guys thinking?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    This same conversation over and over is getting very tiresome. Here's what happened.... In season 1 everyone complained that it was too hard to get pinks and that they were too expensive. So STS added the crates and increased the amount of pinks in the chests. So everyone who opens a crate gets a pink. Wonderful! Now everyone should be happy!! NOT!!

What's the problem then? Well now they complain that these are not GOOD pinks. No? Stats look pretty good? Yes, they do. What's the problem then? Well the price is too low. They are worthless. Why is that? Well, they are very common and there are a million of them in the auction. Why? Because everyone opening a chest gets one!! That's why!

So now you we are going full circle. Now nobody cares about pinks anymore since they are no longer good. Pinks now are like purples from season 1. Now we all want mythic and arcane items. They are too expensive. So we want them to be easier to get. So will STS increase the drop rate on those too? Let's suppose they do. Maybe 1 in 10 crates will have one. Then they will be common and there will be a million in the auction and all will be worth 1k. Then what?

Maybe then STS can come out with the new super rare dark pink "elite" items just like they have in PL. And those will be even rarer than mythic and arcane. And then everyone can complain that those too are also too rare. And the cycle continues.

I just don't think you all get it. I shouldn't be surprised as there are a lot of kids here, but those of you who are adults should really have a better understanding of all of this. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE ITEMS THAT ARE BOTH RARE AND ARE EASY TO GET. IF EVERYONE CAN GET ONE, THEN IT WILL NOT BE RARE AND WILL BE WORTHLESS!!

Make up your minds. Either you want the best items to be common and worth 1k each, or you want them to be hard enough to get so that even you may have trouble getting them, even if you spend a lot of plat. It's one way or the other. You can't have your cake and eat it too! [/end rant]
    I dont think its abt rarity but ridiculously amount of reall money payed for that rarity and still get nothing

No one ever wanted to drop arcane or mythic from plat chests

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ghlight=mythic

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Uzii For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Maybe they should have a after you spend 20000plat, it becomes an achievement and you can pick an arcane item of your choice!

I'm so far satisfied with the way things are. I would never pay subscription, but don't mind dropping cash for platinum every now and then for mythic creatures. I don't ever expect to get arcane or mythic items to be dropped so I'm fine with using only legendaries! The main thing I would like though and would result in a substantial decrease in the cost of items is to make the difficulty of the elite maps back to when we were 21 level cap. Solo farming of malison was possible and with even one more player made it even cheaper to do. Currently I gather the best team to do rooks nest and I still burn tons of potions. I refuse to pay $600k for malison. At that point I would rather pony up the 90 plat and just get him straight up! Don't make maps that take over an hour to complete. This in turn will drive prices down.
    Last edited by Zanpakuto; 03-28-2013 at 12:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by euromikeym View Post
    Here comes my penny's worth......

I used to PL up to about Level 55 and then I got side tracked, but it was great. .
    Oh so you just missed the thrasher generation. That started during nuri.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

21.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #75
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Hey guys, we love these games, as much or more than you do. We always do what we think is best for the games as a whole, even though it may not seem like it to you.

Regarding this thread, really no need to insult developers. You can play the entire game without paying a cent, in fact many many people do.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

well yes and no. At some point u would need to buy plat just to be able to respec. and im sure everyone respeced once in a while in game. thers no enough plat offers to cover it for some players (not everyone is from usa)
    Last edited by Uzii; 03-28-2013 at 01:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    Oh so you just missed the thrasher generation. That started during nuri.
    I still log into PL now and again, to see how its shaping up. My fav time was in the swamps with those crazy croc mobs and witch bosses. It had a feeling of the whole team (whoever that may have been, logged in and on that map at same time as you) on the same mission and pitching in, no matter what class you were. PL got that great sense of team and effort in skills, you could tell was being put it in.

There is none of that feel in Arcane Legends. It feels rather sterile.
    Last edited by Justg; 03-28-2013 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Less drama

MAXIMUSMIX - ZELVIRA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Hey guys, we love these games, as much or more than you do. We always do what we think is best for the games as a whole, even though it may not seem like it to you.

Regarding this thread, really no need to insult developers. You can play the entire game without paying a cent, in fact many many people do.
    I totally agree with this.
    I have gotten VERY far in PL ( 4 accounts all lvl 70+ ) without spending any money.
    Something I really love about these games is the FREE platinum option, more games to download for free plat everyday!
    On PL i have gotten over 350 platinum just using the free plat option.
    Thank You for clarifying this Justg.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post

Please, give us the chance to respec for gold/tokens, and dual PvP/PvE spec

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    Many people say they will quit if they had to pay $5 a month subscription fee. I say if you aren't spending $5 a month in plat already then you aren't contributing anything financially to the game so having you quit wouldn't affect the bottom line at all.
    How's the weather up there on your high horse?
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky