Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Twinking in Peril

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    I like this thread. I'm of the opinion that new forgotten or new items in general won't help the overall situation of the game. That's like constructing an extra floor on a building that has a broken foundation. Nerfing the fbow is a good start, but we need to go back to the very start. Get all the old sets which are useless now and fix their stats. (Sand cave sets, brain freeze and iceberg, copperhead and swamp rat, etc.)

In fact, that's a great idea. I wonder if I went through levels 1-50 and reworked the stats, if the devs would actually fix them. I may try and tackle that...
    Do it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yich View Post
    Not too long ago the forgotten items were released. Then halloween items. Both discontinued. When I asked for forg bows to be nerfed, many argued that the bows put the new players on an equal level as the seasoned twinks as far as gear is concerned. Perhaps that is a contributing factor as to why they werent nerfed, and if it was, something needs done. Forg items will slowly rise in price to the point that they are impossible for now players to obtain. Same thing with hween items. This makes it even worse for new players than it was for them when they had to use a talon to fight my SBL (oh boo hoo, I can freeze you). New players who cant afford a forgotten bow would surely quit PvP and possibly the game. So for anyone who says forg bows make everyone equal, where is your argument now? Perhaps they just made YOU equal.

Anyways, there needs to be items to balance out the forg bows or they need re released so they arent unobtainable to the masses of new players that get farmed by the regulars with forg items. If anyone thought that new players had it bad because of "OP" xmas items, why do so few think the same about these forg items? Everyone seems to have forgotten the noobies now that theyre on top with their forg bow. Then again, wut do I care, Im playing League of Legends anyway.

Nerf the forg.

-Yich
    Well I'm not afraid to admit that I once thought that Forgotten Bows' release would make new players happy, but I am now enlightened by your post. Very well said, I hope STS nerf them too.

Cheers.

P.S - LoL is awesome!

I Bes Behr : The Guide
    PL-Demon, Warrior, Behr, Light, Rot, Eat, Bank, Bracelet, Icasthard, Forerun, Embarrass

AL-Rot, Compose

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blitzkraig View Post
    I wish they would nerf forgotten weapons already because it has caused a large amount of immaturity levels 10-40.
    Nerf the forgotten weapons and you will have a more mature community for new players, STS.
    I agree that maturity is bad in PvP, but I don't think that nerfing the Forgotten weapons will cause this problem to disappear. Number 1 reason I did not get into PvP at the beginning of my PL career: immaturity. It may be worse now, but it has always been the worst part about PvP (for me.)
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

More players would quit if they took away forgs, almost all low lvl pvp is based on forgs, people spent plat on forg builfd and gear to do good in pvp.
    Forgotten bows started a new era of pvp, accept it.
    That was then, this is now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hotpimp View Post
    More players would quit if they took away forgs, almost all low lvl pvp is based on forgs, people spent plat on forg builfd and gear to do good in pvp.
    Forgotten bows started a new era of pvp, accept it.
    That was then, this is now.
    a new era of what? luck? lmao

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    Sorry but I have never understood the hate in this tactic. When I use to 1v1 someone and they hid behind trees, I took it as an opportunity let my skills cooldown and wait for them to come to me. Many in this game get kills off of emotion. What I mean is they get someone upset, causing them to play by their terms, and when people are frustrated, they lose focus. This equates to losing.

Someone with your skill, and others like you, should be able to use the range of a chunker and kite the crap out of a forgotten bow.
    Soooo true! Why can't there be more people that think like you lol
    Bored? Check out my How to Catch Series(Click one):

Brave Bear, Sneakie Birdie, Majestic Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bous View Post
    a new era of what? luck? lmao
    A new era of Stomp Slash gg!

PL-Demon, Warrior, Behr, Light, Rot, Eat, Bank, Bracelet, Icasthard, Forerun, Embarrass

AL-Rot, Compose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    A new era of Stomp Slash gg!
    You must do low level pvp. I feel sorry for you. They got hit hard indeed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Someone with your skill, and others like you, should be able to use the range of a chunker and kite the crap out of a forgotten bow.
    Hmm... I WOULD agree, but every time I get a kill in twinking pvp, they rage and rush me, while trolling me as I try to do simple 1v1s with my friends... U accidentally rush just ONE person, they instantly rage, say "ok," and farm u the rest of the rest of the game with their fbow.
    AL: BAT~HAM 0_O

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xbuddyjosh View Post
    Hmm... I WOULD agree, but every time I get a kill in twinking pvp, they rage and rush me, while trolling me as I try to do simple 1v1s with my friends... U accidentally rush just ONE person, they instantly rage, say "ok," and farm u the rest of the rest of the game with their fbow.
    If you know who they are then be ready to be buffed. It's not hard. My favorite level of PvP use to be 50-51. I had two sets: Death Shotgun and a Sewer mix. I kept them both in quick loadouts so when someone started the "You rushed me!!" crap, I used the shotty for it's range to kite the rushers. I had a list (which I kept mentally) of those I knew would rush me when they entered a game and I had my fingers ready to tap focus and evade. Also, trees, orbs, and walls exist for a reason.

I'm not saying it is a fool-proof plan, but it worked for me and others who showed me.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

If you know who they are then be ready to be buffed. It's not hard. My favorite level of PvP use to be 50-51. I had two sets: Death Shotgun and a Sewer mix. I kept them both in quick loadouts so when someone started the "You rushed me!!" crap, I used the shotty for it's range to kite the rushers. I had a list (which I kept mentally) of those I knew would rush me when they entered a game and I had my fingers ready to tap focus and evade. Also, trees, orbs, and walls exist for a reason.

I'm not saying it is a fool-proof plan, but it worked for me and others who showed me.
    You fail to understand how OP something that can root from a distance, take away your hit %, and dodge hits is. Sure, maybe you can kite a bird with 13m range, but few others can. That takes serious skill/good ping, and luck that you'll kill them before you run out of room to kite. As for mages, way too squishy, birds nuke them instantly. That might be something you're used to, idk if you endgame PvP or not, but im not used to it.

You could go on and on about how to fight it and how not to, but if you know it's an item that lowers the games quality in general, why waste your energy? It needs done away with, and even if it isnt, it shouldnt be a L33T item. Discontinued items shouldnt over power farmable items at all, let alone double/triple the damage output of the next best weapon, AND get an OP proc. I remember people used to say "STS doesnt cater to twinks", funny thing is, they dont cater to PL at all these days. Jokes on you endgame, twinks spent less money, putting them less in the hole when this game wastes away into nothingness.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Yich For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

First of all, devs need to rebalance all of PL entirely. All of this forg bow and tree hugging and even rushing could be solved with 2 things: increasing and scaling health pool appropriately with level, and nerfing dodge. First of all, in World of Warcraft (I'm sorry for the comparison), using line of sight to your advantage is skilled because it's pretty much impossible to get one shotted or 2 shotted unless planned out.

Dodge is out of control and makes this game extremely luck based. Increase health pools please so that you won't have to say go in order to PvP and that even though you get "rushed," you still have like a few seconds before you die to fight back and possibly win. Most people frown on rushing because it lets the rusher get the upper hand, for the tactic of surprise is too much in this game. There is one shotting and stats/buffs are out of control, therefore - there isn't enough time to react to the rush before dying, (unless ya got the reflexes).

@Yich +1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    You must do low level pvp. I feel sorry for you. They got hit hard indeed.
    Sure do. Don't have to feel sorry for me, I'm enjoying FFA with my birdie! *Dodge hax on*

Main reason I don't play > l40 is because I'm too lazy to level! That's why.

AL-Rot, Compose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Hello everyone. When Forgotten bows were first released I hated them and wanted them to be nerfed or taken out entirely. I had a 5 month break and I have a new look at pvp and how it actually is. I am only talking about 10-20 pvp, for that is all I have a large experience and history in playing.
    First off, I will talk about how forgotten bows do not make the game even for "noobs" and "pros" or more older players. Everyday there are new twinks, almost all have forgotten bows. Even when they use the said bows I still win with mine, this is showing that forgotten bows don't do anything really. PvP still depends on your skill.
    Now, I will talk about how they make the game more fun. They do add a different elemet to the game, since then I have even gotten better and been able to understand PvP a bit more. Forgotten bows also make things different, making people creating new tactics on defeating the opposing player. And to all who say forgotten bows are too op, I must tell you that I can easily kite someone using one of them by just simply using an auto-bow.
    Im conclusion, I don't think they should be taken out or nerfed. They have made the game different instead of the constant repetiveness of the game that it was before.
    I'm lowkey mediocre at this game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by geojtz View Post
    Hello everyone. When Forgotten bows were first released I hated them and wanted them to be nerfed or taken out entirely. I had a 5 month break and I have a new look at pvp and how it actually is. I am only talking about 10-20 pvp, for that is all I have a large experience and history in playing.
    First off, I will talk about how forgotten bows do not make the game even for "noobs" and "pros" or more older players. Everyday there are new twinks, almost all have forgotten bows. Even when they use the said bows I still win with mine, this is showing that forgotten bows don't do anything really. PvP still depends on your skill.
    Now, I will talk about how they make the game more fun. They do add a different elemet to the game, since then I have even gotten better and been able to understand PvP a bit more. Forgotten bows also make things different, making people creating new tactics on defeating the opposing player. And to all who say forgotten bows are too op, I must tell you that I can easily kite someone using one of them by just simply using an auto-bow.
    Im conclusion, I don't think they should be taken out or nerfed. They have made the game different instead of the constant repetiveness of the game that it was before.

People like you are the reason why forgotten was never nerferd. :l
    Last edited by Gragorak; 03-31-2013 at 02:14 PM.
    <Enigmatic>
    Ludens necesse est, vivere non est necesse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gragorak View Post
    ^+1

Yeah, there is no diversity in PvP anymore.
    Flated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gragorak View Post
    I was pro nerf when it first came out so.. By the way, wasn't all the deciding on forgotten weapons months ago? Why did someone bring it up again. Most people in 10-20 don't care if there are forgotten bows or not. I play PvP every day and I rarely see someone complain.
    I'm lowkey mediocre at this game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

I think if they knocked off about 20% of the damage and made the a bird only weapon it would make it considerably better

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by geojtz View Post
    Who are you kidding Xore, you were always a level 12, you cant really branch yourself 10-20. I tried to get you to play on wixer every time I saw you, you never would. You like forotten bows because they make bears OP at level 12.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Try l.5 pvp.