Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Clarifying Arcane Hooks and Mythic Helms In the Next Expansion

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vystirch View Post
    Mmm, not sure about this, seems like a dumb move to me...

This^^^^

Anyway if i may suggest one way to solve this problem is why not introduce some sort of upgrade item needed for an example a mythic stone X10 pcs mythic rarity can be found fr crates/ nordor elite gold chest very rare drop to upgrade Arcane weapon of rogues orx x5 pcs to upgrade mytbic helm .. Or if you really are planning on upgrading mythic on lvl 36 just implement this system on Arcane weapon....

In this way youl'll have a win win situation you'll get more money for plat players to hunt this from crate and those are farming Elite gold Nordr chest will have something to farm to squeeze gold from Arcane users that are willing to upgrade.. Something for Arcane weapon users to hunt and in this way Arcane weapon will still hold its value because it is still the primary ingridient for this upgrade to happen... make drop rate of this stone rare to encourage farming and such... This is just a last ditch effort suggestion from me..

Or if you just wanna go the easy part just go straight to Plat to Upgrade but thats just a bit tactless in my opinion... Just a suggestion sts
    Last edited by Jellowpy; 03-30-2013 at 07:53 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jellowpy View Post
    This^^^^

Anyway if i may suggest one way to solve this problem is why not introduce some sort of upgrade item needed for an example a mythic stone X10 pcs mythic rarity can be found fr crates/ nordor elite gold chest very rare drop to upgrade Arcane weapon of rogues orx x5 pcs to upgrade mytbic helm .. Or if you really are planning on upgrading mythic on lvl 36 just implement this system on Arcane weapon....

In this way youl'll have a win win situation you'll get more money for plat players to hunt this from crate and those are farming Elite gold Nordr chest will have something to farm to squeeze gold from Arcane users that are willing to upgrade.. Something for Arcane weapon users to hunt and in this way Arcane weapon will still hold its value because it is still the primary ingridient for this upgrade to happen... make drop rate of this stone rare to encourage farming and such... This is just a last ditch effort suggestion from me..

Or if you just wanna go the easy part just go straight to Plat to Upgrade but thats just a bit tactless in my opinion... Just a suggestion sts

+1 for this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

As far as I can see, it's been stated from the beginning that the upgrades will be available in the expansion after the next one. I do find it a bit odd that the first post of this doesn't mention that, but please read carefully before spreading misinformation and starting yet another drama.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

The arcane items and mythics would be a lot cheaper if they were not allowed to be upgraded. It's insane to try and get a new set every couple of months!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zanpakuto For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zanpakuto View Post
    The arcane items and mythics would be a lot cheaper if they were not allowed to be upgraded. It's insane to try and get a new set every couple of months!
    Imaginary thanked.
    (i'm out of thanks)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

It's insane to try and get a new set every couple of months!
    But isn't that what makes the game fun? The constant quest for upgraded gear?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

I dont get y you guys are complaining ..... yes, you spend lots of money on the items , but you are paying for the best gear now not the best gear for the rest of the game... just like every other gear you can find in game.

Ps. i knew this would happen :P
    Quote Originally Posted by eugene9707 View Post
    Yep , rogue get lv 26 Arcane weapon, warrior get lv 31 Arcane weapon, and Sorcerers get lv 36 arcane weapon (just an example)

I think it might be better if STS release the arcane weapon later, and do it for all 3 class at once instead of just one at the time. Because right now, people complaint that Rogues get the new Arcane weapon, but in the future, people will then be complaining that rogue's arcane weapon is lower level than the other classes, so why not release all 3 at once , and if they need ideas, they can make another weapon design contest
    Last edited by eugene9707; 03-30-2013 at 03:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shaukei View Post
    As far as I can see, it's been stated from the beginning that the upgrades will be available in the expansion after the next one. I do find it a bit odd that the first post of this doesn't mention that, but please read carefully before spreading misinformation and starting yet another drama.
    Well if you had read the other thread in the suggestions forum (by mysticaleagle), this thread would make a lot more sense

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

I dont get y you guys are complaining ..... yes, you spend lots of money on the items , but you are paying for the best gear now not the best gear for the rest of the game... just like every other gear you can find in game.

Hmmm seems there is a huge disconnect between what the "best item now" should be worth. What would you say an appropriate dollar value for the best now is?

Fyi, the other gear in game can be had for $0 real life currency.
    Last edited by Rare; 03-30-2013 at 03:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    But isn't that what makes the game fun? The constant quest for upgraded gear?
    Not when it costs hundreds or thousands of dollars. Not even once.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Best gear for a month isn't enough. Even still it will be good, but won't last for long IMHO.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Plus one to this

""But isn't that what makes the game fun? The constant quest for upgraded gear? ""

Yes to this also but with how fast updates are coming this is not fun it cost hundreds/thousand of real money it is ok once in a while like in the case of Arcane Weapons because it is very rare but let gamers have the ability to atleast carry that very same itme that very rare item to be upgraded to the next patch.. How i see it is in the future they can just introduce more set of Arcane weapons for us to hunt if they want squeeze more money from us..

Example :
    Rogue have Arcane Blade now in the near future give us Arcane Bow
    Warriors hammer for now then Arcane sword next
    Mages will have their staff then in the near fiture itll be Arcane gun they will be hunting for..

Just give us the satisfaction to atleast have some or one item that because we work hard to get it let us atleast enjoy it being one of the best atleast for few more patches.. I think STS is forgetting that for us hard core gamers that are not so very lucky with chest resort to buying crates for a chance to get this or those for us who are not lucky with crates resorts to hours and hours and hours of blood sweat and tears of farming.. They are forggeting that in a 2 month range of expansion time frame sometimes its impossible to have this very rare item in the beggining of that expansions timeframe .. Worst case scenario for us gamers that want this items is have the luck of acquiring it in the later part of that said expansion imagine youself working hard for a very rare and expensive item for more than a month then because next expansion is coming you can only enjoy it being best item for only a couple of weeks..

Us that try and give our support by buying plats atleast give us the decency to enjoy it a bit longer..
    Us that farms for gold , golden chest for countless Hours kindly give us the decency to reward those hard work..
    Us that tries to learn the ins and out of the game and tries to be the best merchant just to earn enough gold to buy this item please give us the decency to not let all those hard work go to waste just in a short period of time

We all know that mmorpg are desigend to have the best set of items for limited period of time and then when new updates roll out we need to hunt/farm for new items but in this case we are talking about a super rare item that some people have spent hundreds/thousand of dollar plus countless hours of farming to acquire.. This set up should work if lets say updates are 6 months long but we dont have that luxury with this game because it is a mobile game we have very limited things we can do in a game like this before we burn out ourselves hence faster update period which that part i very much understand and support.. In return us gamers ask for developers to at the very least be creative on how they will support us gamers that gave value on their game those that are caught line and sinkers for their supposedly Arcane rarity items , pls be creative on how you handle this things please just a little consideration for us that have given effort to get this items.. That we ask PLEASE

PLEASE GIVE US THE SATISFACTION THAT WE HAVE INVESTED IN SOMETHING!!
    AND LET US FEEL THAT IT IS ALL WORTH IT......
    Last edited by Jellowpy; 03-30-2013 at 04:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Plus one to this

""But isn't that what makes the game fun? The constant quest for upgraded gear? ""

Yes to this also but with how fast updates are coming this is not fun it cost hu dreds/thousand of real money it is ok once in a while like in the case of Arcane Weapons because it is very rare but let gamers have the ability to atleast carry that very same itme that very rare item to be upgraded to the next patch.. How i see it is in the future they can just introduce more set of Arcane weapons for us to hunt if they want squeeze more money from us..

Example :
    Rogue have Arcane Blade now in the near future give us Arcane Bow
    Warriors hammer for now then Arcane sword next
    Mages will have their staff then in the near fiture itll be Arcane gun they will be hunting for..

Just give us the satisfaction to atleast have some or one item that because we work hard to get it let us atleast enjoy it being one of the best atleast for few more patches.. I think sta is forgetting that for us hard core gamers that are not so very lucky with chest resort to buying crates for a chance to get this or those for us who are not lucky with crates resorts to hours and hours and hours of blood sweat and tears of farming.. They are forggeting that in a 2 month range of expansion life time sometimes its impossible to have this very rare item in the beggining of that expansions life time .. Worst case scenario for us gamers that want this items is have the luck of acquiring it in the later part of that said expansion imagine youself working hard for a very rare and expensive item for more than a month then because next expansion is coming you can only enjoy it being best item for only a couple of weeks..

Us that try and give our support by buying plats atleast give us the decency to enjoy it a bit longer..
    Us that farms for gold , golden chest for Hours kindly give us the decency to reward those hard work..
    Us that tries to learn the ins and out of the game and tries to be the best merchant just to earn enough gold to buy this item please give us the decency to not let all those hard work go to waste just in a couple of months..

We all know that mmorpg are desigend to have the best set of items for limited period of time and then when new updates roll out we need to hunt/farm for new items but in this case we are talking about a super rare item that some people have spent hundreds/thousand of dollar plus countless hours of farming to acquire.. This set up should work if lets say updates are 6 months long but we dont have that luxury with this game because it is a mobile game we have very limited things we can do in a game like this before we burn out ourselves hence faster update period which that part i very much understand and support.. In return us gamers ask for developers to at the very least be creative on how they will support us gamers that gave value on their game those that are caught line and sinkers for their supposedly Arcane rarity items , pls be creative on how you handle this things please just a little consideration for us that have given effort to get this items.. That we ask PLEASE
    That's what I call some valuable post. +1 to you, bro.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    Well if you had read the other thread in the suggestions forum (by mysticaleagle), this thread would make a lot more sense
    I can't find this thread you mention, but I don't see how a user suggestion would have anything to do with what I said.

Again. As far as I can see, an upgrade was announced only for the expansion after the upcoming expansion. This thread attempts to clarify that (granted, could have done a slightly better job). Nothing's changed. As far as we can tell, it's still coming.

Yet, people freaked out; they seem to believe the upgrade was planned for the upcoming expansion and got cancelled. Hence me saying they should read carefully before starting a drama, and spreading misinformation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

I can't find this thread you mention, but I don't see how a user suggestion would have anything to do with what I said.

Again. As far as I can see, an upgrade was announced only for the expansion after the upcoming expansion. This thread attempts to clarify that (granted, could have done a slightly better job). Nothing's changed. As far as we can tell, it's still coming.

Yet, people freaked out; they seem to believe the upgrade was planned for the upcoming expansion and got cancelled. Hence me saying they should read carefully before starting a drama, and spreading misinformation.
    In that thread it was specifically stated that there would be no upgrade to the mythic helms. That they would stay level 26. Perhaps Sam forgot to mention if they would be upgradable at 36, or maybe the plan has changed. This deserves clarification.

I understand you didn't see the thread. If you had, you would understand why THIS thread was started.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    In that thread it was specifically stated that there would be no upgrade to the mythic helms. That they would stay level 26. Perhaps Sam forgot to mention if they would be upgradable at 36, or maybe the plan has changed. This deserves clarification.

I understand you didn't see the thread. If you had, you would understand why THIS thread was started.
    Aren't we just agreeing? I think I understand it pretty well: people expected the upgrade to be coming next expansion, when it isn't. The point is, it was never announced for the next expansion (L31). It was announced for the one after that (L36).

So instead of starting a drama from a misunderstanding, the question should have been: is the L36 upgrade still planned? Because yes, the devs have become a bit vague about that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

This^^^^

Good one!

Perhaps, moving on, if STS is concerned about market saturation then the stones could be further divided into a few types.

eg. one type with 10% success, 60% success rate, 100% success rate.. for the 1st 2, x % chance of failing and a small % chance of destroying the item. The other difference is the stats boost, so 10% would give the best permanent stat upgrade but be the riskiest to use, so on and so forth. The number of chances to upgrade each item could be adjusted with each level cap change. With an upgrade fail, one chance still gets used up. So unsuccessfully "stoned" items with less or no upgrade slots could still fetch a price on the market, just less than a "clean" or well-"stoned" item. So here, "godly" has a chance of really being "godly".

Just a thought, hope that makes sense :-)
    Last edited by Origin; 03-30-2013 at 05:59 PM.

Alphagun /TRUEORIGIN/ Fullsick
    <Five Elements>
    Speed Demon
    Guides| MerchMidas | Youtube

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i have a question: so we will not have lv31 hook and mythic helms?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I just hope STS would just be a bit more creative..
    They dont realize that most that are aggreeing for no upgrades are those that dont have them yet (talking about arcane since it is vague about mythic being upgraded on lvl36 cap) and they dont realize that for those that who already have the an arcane are those are more likely to want more you can milk us more because we are happy paying customers like for me .. Since iam good with my farming rogue having one 2 gud gears out of 5 possible gear i will farm 3 more best lvl 31 items for my rogue then move on to my Warrior to get his best gear...

With current decision of not upgrading (talking bout arcane now) arcane weapons they are just screwing their hardcore gamers those that are willing to give them their money hence some of us are quitting... I can spend 200-500$ per good expansion but if that expansion does not net me my moneys worth of entertainment or if i just feel iam just being milked thats when gamers that pay will stop..

Theres a big difference in voluntarily giving my money because i enjoy the game between being forced out of my money because i feel like iam one of their milking cow...

Even a cow can only be milked once in a while...
    Last edited by Jellowpy; 03-30-2013 at 07:40 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Jellowpy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Aren't we just agreeing? I think I understand it pretty well: people expected the upgrade to be coming next expansion, when it isn't. The point is, it was never announced for the next expansion (L31). It was announced for the one after that (L36).

So instead of starting a drama from a misunderstanding, the question should have been: is the L36 upgrade still planned? Because yes, the devs have become a bit vague about that.
    Yes. If you look a while back, I did ask that.

I was only responding to your post saying you didn't understand why this topic was started. But yes, it's seems we are arguing about agreeing