Thread: Stats Comparison Between Mythic Helms and Future L.31 Elite Helms

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Default Stats Comparison Between Mythic Helms and Future L.31 Elite Helms

I'm sure many of you are curious as to what and how good the stats will be on the l.31 elite helms.
    Of course this thread is pure speculation but i've used some given data to make my assumptions.
    I'm going to be specifically focusing on the Rogue class (but the same approach can be used to analyze the other 2 classes)

Below I have listed the top Rogue Helm from each of the level expansions we have so far:
    L.16 Agile Ranger Cloak of Will
    21 Dex /11 Int, 210 Armor

L.21 Agile Ranger Cloak of Will
    26 Dex /13 Int, 271 Armor

L.26 Sealord Mesh of Will
    31 Dex / 16 Int, 333 Armor

L.26 Himingleva's Aged Helm of Brutlality
    35 Dex / 18 Str, 3.0 Damage, 337 Armor

The first thing we have to look at is the percentage increase in stats between each of the helmets. The attribute points (dex/int/str) and armor percentage increases will be separately calculated.
    To find the percentage difference you would take the new stat minus the old stat divided by the old stat.

After calculations, the L.21 helm has roughly 21.88% increase in it's attribute points and a 29.05% increase in armor value vs the L.16 version.
    The L.26 helm has roughly 20.51% increase in it's attribute points and a 22.88% increase in armor value vs the L.21 version.

The stats for the mythic helm is irrelevant to the other helms and it will be only used to compare to the forecasted stats on the L.31 helm.
    From the calculations above we can see that both the attribute & armor values have dropped percentage wise as the lvls get higher.

There's no need to make a super detailed estimate so based on what we have so far, it's safe to assume that the L.36 helm will have a smaller percentage increase in stats compared to stat increases in the previous helms.
    Assuming that the attribute points will increase 19% and the armor value will increase 20%,
    the L.36 elite helm should have something along the lines of: 36 Dex / 20 Int, 400 armor vs the L.26 mythic helm 35 Dex / 18 Str, 3.0 Damage, 337 Armor
    We can now see that the attribute points for the elite helms are now slightly better and the armour value has received a tremendous boost while the myth helm still has the upper hand in terms of raw damage.

Before we start to make any assumptions, many of you are now wondering how valuable is 3.0 damage is really?
    From what I know, 10 dexterity points = 0.3 damage which means you would need 100 Dexterity points to equal 3.0 Damage.
    But we must not forget that Dexterity also adds to HP, dodge, crit, and bonus damage so we must not confuse the 2 values.

On the other hand, the the L.31 elite helm will most likely give around 5 more dex and 4 more int points which brings it (as stated before) slightly better in comparison to the mythic helm in terms of attribute points.
    But what is the difference between the 18 str given from myth helms vs the 20 int given from elite helms?
    18 Str would equate to 180 HP and nothing more while 20 Int would give you 100 HP, 200 Mana, 0.5 Damage, and 0.3% critical

To conclude i've listed the Pros and Cons of the Mythic Helm relative to the Elite Helm.
    + 2.5 Damage Points
    + 80 More HP

- 20%+ Armor (but who cares about armor right?)
    - 200 Mana
    - 1/3 Crit

Overall, the L.31 Elite Helm will be a very smexy helm stat wise BUT I still believe many of us still value damage as the most important stat in this game...
    so based off my analysis the Mythic Helm will still be the helm of choice throughout the next level cap.

EDIT: The damage points given from Mythic Helms seems to be a damage multiplier.
    For example, L.25 31 Dex / 16 Str Helm vs L26. 35 / 18 Str 3.0 Damage
    Mythic Helm provides an extra 13.7 damage and 16.5 DPS
    Last edited by gundamsone; 03-30-2013 at 04:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

+1. basing on the given facts its close enough that the lvl31helm is much more reasonable to use than myth helm.

hoping that sts will give a bonus stats for using myth helm and armor. then that would make a fair edge for spending so much on those myth items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

true scotch but if you take a look at the amulet and rings market, the l25 ring & amulet gave off just a bit more than 3 dmg and a few other stats vs the l21 counterparts but they would cost people 1.5m+ more
    People are obviously paying the best for the best so any slight edge that an item will give off, they will be paying the premium price on it and the rarer the item, the more value it adds to the item and thus the cost.

Personally as a Rogue, I enjoy the most skill damage I can get so I can hit those k.o aim shots in PVP xD

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Makes me FURIOUS :d

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

You really never know what they will do for L31 items. In PL sometimes a new campaign resulted in gear that was way OP compared to previous gear (for example Level 60 glyph gear compared to Level 55 gemstone gear is way better). And then sometimes you have new campaigns where the gear is just marginally better (for example Level 65 fang gear compared to the Level 60 glyph gear - at 66 cap some insisted that L60 demonic sets were still best).

So maybe the 31 cap will be a case where the items don't upgrade so much to keep the mythic helms relevant. Or maybe as we have speculated, there will be a set bonus when you get the matching mythic armor, and in that case it will be the best set which is all that matters.

I just hope they do something so that the mythic helms continue to hold their value.

Tournament & Ladder Leader Genuinous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Now look at the sorcerer helm. If we go by the same increase, mythic heml will have about 40-50 less armor and 160 less hp. This will be such a significant change that it'll overshadow the dmg boost. Again, many players called out for stats change for mage mythic, the only one with hp and armor loss compared to lvl 26 elite top helms. And for this reason it will be much less competent at lvl 31 than the rest...

Also note: new elite helm for rogues may have str secondary stat. This would result in higher hp than mythic helm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Yes that's true but the 3.0 damage value is just a base value and as we level higher, we get much more than a 3.0 damage boost.
    Right now i'm wearing a L.25 31 Dex / 16 Str Helm, and in comparison to the mythic helm, it will provide me with an extra 13.7 damage and 16.5 DPS.
    So if you look at it this way, it might be a worthwhile tradeoff for a bit less hp and mana.