Thread: New Players Leeching in Endgame rooms.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Land Of Trolls. Graduated Medic from The Land Of Trolls.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Angry New Players Leeching in Endgame rooms.

Recently, I have leveled my Paladin to 68, and went into a lost valley room, only to see a level 11 mooch off exp from others in the room, keeps dying, and repeatably tries not to attack.

Team Ricon's instinct immediately kicks in, and I managed to coerce everyone in the room to run back to spawn, causing rage for that level 11. The Level 11 then started to cuss at me, swearing profanities against me when I responded that he shouldn't even be in endgame rooms to leech exp from us. I gathered everyone in the party except him and hosted a new room for them to have fun in.

During this time, the Level 11 started to state that he knows Parakseven or whoever that kill booster is, knows one of Rated M and True Legacy's members, and even claims to know a developer that is 'online' right now. I simply ignored his ranting and moved on.

Regarding this incident happened today, this has led me to think, is today's generation of Platinum Spenders so bad to the point of using a newly-created character to leech in endgame infinite mob rooms? Okay, maybe I was exaggerating about this generation, but given the chance, would you guys rather have a low leveled player that joins and dies repeatably and not attack at all, or would you rather have a player whose armor is weak but is at the level range and still do competent DPS?

New players are often expecting us players to help them in a rude way, often ordering us via PMs to give them cash/power-level them/buy their items... Even though I felt obliged to help them, the problem is, nobody likes a rude player in the game, and that nobody likes to do his share of the work, while someone simply mooch the same amount of exp in the room without doing anything.

In that sense, I'm not going to help such rude players at all, and I would mute them to prevent them from annoying me, plus I would spread word to my friends not to invite that particular offender in any of their games.

For those who are new to the game and just passed by the forums, know that Pocket Legends was never meant for rude and insolent players, and I would very much preferred if such players leave. I would love to see the new generation of players prosper with at least respect to others, rather than for rude players which loves to pick up bad habits to ruin other's experiences.

Note that I have not stated the name of the offending party that leeches and most recently insulted me. Thanks for reading.

/endrant
    Last edited by Wendellism; 04-04-2013 at 05:40 AM. Reason: Added colour for awareness.