Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Just a thought: New "Legends" title!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Post Just a thought: New "Legends" title!

Hello Devs,

I was just thinking about one of my favorite video games of all time and an idea poped into my head....
    Why don't you guys make a new game called Grand Theft Legends!! (GTL) but since the game will be of course for mature audiences (age 17+) like the actual system games are, there should be a way for you to determine who is 17 years or older. Or... it could be made to all audiences, idk that's up to you. Anyway, I was thinking, a sandbox type game like that should have a little more to it, maybe it should be introduced to the MMO world! This is how it would work...

The general idea:
    Gta is known for its violence, missions, gang involvement, sexual content, but for the MMO version, the sexual content, of course, should be taken out or not (again it's up to you). Anyway, I was thinking that the "missions" should be the quests (pretty obvious) and there should be a very well planned out story to it. As for the violence, It's pretty straight forward... Kills, deaths and more killing and fighting. As most, if not, some of us know that Gta has never been a multiplayer game, other than online versions on the Ps3, Xbox and pc, this version of Gta would make that possible.

Starting out/Game details:
    Basically, once a character is created, they will spawn in the main area you decide to have as the main area like for example "downtown" (whatever the map will be called). Then, the tutorial begins to instruct them on how to play (more details on "how to play" below). *NPCs: there should be many, many different NPCs, which is why a game like this would take a long time to prepare and create, the NPCs would be used as Quest givers, enforcers(basically your average police officer), random people on the streets just waiting to be mugged by a villain or helped by a good samaritan, store/restaurant vendors(cashiers), etc...*

Characters:
    All players will start as a neutral character meaning that there are no classes to choose from, instead this is how it would be: This "neutral" character will go through changes depending on how you go about doing things, for example, a neutral character decides to commit a crime right... They will no longer be neutral, they will be more along the path of evil, just like a gangster would in the actual gta games. Same goes for the opposite: If a neutral character puts a villainous character in his/her place, they would become more of a good character like a police officer in the gta games. A bad/villainous character would lead the life of basically a criminal they would find any way to make money, even if its illegal, they would break rules and do whatever they want and could to escape the enforcers(NPCs), they would also be in "gangs"(guilds). A good character, would be living in peace, away from all the danger, with a job, a "group" a.k.a guild, etc...

Character Paths:
    Character paths go by points and it's your choice. Ex. A neutral character commits the crime "Robs a Bank" then receives -100 points which would make them more of a bad/villainous character. A +100 points would lead to becoming a good character. (You can change character paths anytime, just do the opposite of what you do). Also, quests (explained later on), should give the option to be fulfilled in a villainous or good way, giving positive or negative points to whatever character. Please note that if you want to choose the opposite path if what you are now but you are already so many points into it, you will have to work your way down or up depending on what you are. Ex. Lets say villain wants to become good, they would have to make however many negative points they had, into positive just to become neutral again.. And then start working your way up to good character. Which is why I would suggest just making another character and start from neutral, without having to do all that. This will require platinum though.

Leveling up:
    This plays the most important role in the game. To level up, you can complete quests, but the quests are limited unless daily quests should be added. For leveling up using a dungeon/mini-map, there could be different NPCs depending on what level you are, to take you to different maps which would be just like the other games how you get xp and some cash for every kill.

Drop system:
    The drop system will be similar to the other titles. There will be items from Trash to Exotic! The drops will come from the mini-maps you go to for leveling up, each one will have a boss or "side-boss" which will drop weapons and armor for your character (again, depending on what character path you are following). Each character type has it's advantages and so do the weapons for each type. As for the armor, it will be body armor covering the chest area and armored leggings, but of course with different colors and affects to them depending on what kind of drop it was (Trash-Insane)*Please note that bosses will only up to legendary items, maybe vanities in some cases (Insane and Exotic items are obtained differently, just keep reading. And this is where the vanities would come in handy. If you don't like the look of the regular body armor and armored leggings, you can always buy vanity items for the store or if your lucky you can get done from drops whenever there is a special event or whatever.

Map:
    There will only be one giant map but several "mini maps" that you can "teleport" to if you talk to certain NPCs (the "several mini maps" refers to the "Leveling up" section above). This map will be a "free roaming" map allowing players to go anywhere and do whatever they want. The map should contain some aspects of different lifestyles for example, rich neighborhoods with minor or no violence, poor/ghetto neighborhoods with high levels of violence and neutral areas where basically anything goes (businesses, street gangs (NPCs) *can be anywhere really*, stores, restaurants, clubs (Party rooms), etc...) Since it will be a big map I imagine it would be difficult to get around so I though of this: There will be a joystick to move around, but also there will be vehicles (cars) which you can buy or steal Now your thinking how will you be able to do this, well, you just apply the Arcane Legends method of being able to interact with objects or NPCs by using the same button you attack with. Once you approach a vehicle you can use the attack button, which instead of having the attack picture on there, would have a picture of a hand to show that you can interact with the object. Once in the vehicle, you can use the joystick to move around but, the vehicle will have a way higher movement percentage, which is why it would be better to have.

Quests:
    The quests should be taken from NPCs of course, the quests they give should be similar to those in actual gta games like "go kill some drug dealer across town" or something like that and there could be different versions of the quest depending on which path you are currently in. Ex. Bad/ villainous character KILLS the drug dealer for money or street respect/loyalty (will explain later on). The good character, on the other hand, would turn in or arrest the drug dealer instead if killing him. By the end of the quest, all characters would receive the same amount of xp and currency.

Gangs/Guilds:
    I have an awesome idea for guilds. Guilds would, of course, be purchased with platinum or in-game currency. These guilds which will be called "gangs" and "groups" f you will allow it, will have this awesome feature. Not only will people be able to join your "gang" and have their own safe-house, but they would also have rivals which if you encounter them anytime in-gane, they can fight and kill each other for "street loyalty", not cash (this would be unfair, I can already imagine people complaining about the currency loss because of this, so that is why I thought of the street loyalty), of course this is just for the villainous characters. The good characters would also have the same feature for guilds but instead if rivalries, they would have "competitors" which are other guilds who are trying to be better than them. (To make this clearer keep reading) The "groups" will be kind if like companies with money coming in from different business in the area depending on what the guild-master invests in. For example, the guild master talks to the owner of a business and decides to partner the guild with the business, if the business owner agrees, some money that the business makes will go to the "group funds" which automatically stashes percentages of the money to each member of the guild(the cash will be sent to each guildies stash so there is no arguing) so you guys will have to figure so e kind of math there to figure out what percent of the money the guild member gets according to his position in the guild. I know this is long but it's important for sts to know this if they ever decide to make this. (This doesn't have to be how I have put it to be, I just think it would be a good idea) *it could just be regular guilds like in the other games for all I care* But, the idea about having rivals and being able to kill them on sight for "street loyalty", I would like to enforce*

Street Loyalty:
    Street loyalty is just another phrase for "respect". Street loyalty can earn you titles and achievements in the game, it could also be saved up for rewards. So the more Street Loyalty points you have, the more rewards you can get, example of rewards: Maybe the new "Insane and Exotic rarity weapons and armor I just came up with. But there is a catch, the "Achievements" tab displays the amount of Loyalty Points you have which is used to determine what titles you get, but if you decide to spend loyalty points on rewards like the Insane and Exotic weapons and armor, the loyalty points will be deducted from the achievements tab until you gain back the Loyalty Points from doing the things I mentioned above that would grant you loyalty points.

Well that's it, I hope you like my suggestion and think about making it come true!
    (IM SORRY IF THERE ARE ANY GRAMMAR ISSUES BUT IT IS VERY LATE HERE AND IM VERY TIRED, AT THIS POINT I REALLY DON'T CARE.... GOOD NIGHT...zzz...zzz)

Ps. I'm not saying you will make this game but if you do or even consider making it, you might want to talk to Rockstar about this since it would be a copyright of their game.
    Also, I didn't know where to put this suggestion, so I just posted it here, where I usually am...

~Xvanitykingx
    Last edited by Xvanitykingx; 04-19-2013 at 01:00 AM.

Interested in joining <The Community Guild>?
    Click here!
    (Site still under construction)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xvanitykingx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Seriously? Another Legends title? They barely can keep their current titles up to date.

Don't get me wrong, it has probably taken you some time to write what you did and I don't want to come across as a jerk, but I sincerely hope this will never happen.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Seriously? Another Legends title? They barely can keep their current titles up to date.

Don't get me wrong, it has probably taken you some time to write what you did and I don't want to come across as a jerk, but I sincerely hope this will never happen.
    I have to agree with u Jay.

U put obviously lots of effort into this but I myself have to hope that this wouldn't happen due to same reason as Jay mentioned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

The idea will be taken or not that's different topic, but legend series will continue, as soon as sts game player community get bored with al means stop generating hot money.
    Last edited by Waug; 04-19-2013 at 06:08 AM.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Can we please get the things fixed in the other 4 games which truly deserve attention before we begin daydreaming? Sadly, I have a feeling STS has the next title already on the drawing board (if not in list form.)
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

This is just a thought, I do not expect Sts to even consider my idea, but the thread will still be here. You never know...

and btw, It really didn't take me that long, I had everything I wanted to say, all i did was type it.

But then again, you have to admit this would be pretty cool.

~Xvanitykingx

Click here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xvanitykingx View Post
    This is just a thought, I do not expect Sts to even consider my idea, but the thread will still be here. You never know...

and btw, It really didn't take me that long, I had everything I wanted to say, all i did was type it.

But then again, you have to admit this would be pretty cool.

~Xvanitykingx
    ok buddy gave you 16 reputation.
    Ikr, people hardly appricieat well thoughtfull and unique concept these days, trolling is the way to go, now on forums.

Edit : you're lucky that nobody trolled yet in your thread though.
    Last edited by Waug; 04-19-2013 at 06:38 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

I prefer Not-Another Legends
    We could it NAL, kind of like the old guild we loved so dearly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by legendfb View Post
    ok buddy gave you 16 reputation.
    Ikr, people hardly appricieat well thoughtfull and unique concept these days, trolling is the way to go, now on forums.

Edit : you're lucky that nobody trolled yet in your thread though.
    Ty, I appreciate it.

I hope the thread doesn't get trolled at all, it's mainly for the devs to look at anyway, I really don't care for the comments people make.

I just want to put this idea out there.

Click here!

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xvanitykingx View Post
    Ty, I appreciate it.

I hope the thread doesn't get trolled at all, it's mainly for the devs to look at anyway, I really don't care for the comments people make.

I just want to put this idea out there.
    I am not trying to come down on you or discourage you from being creative, but when you make a comment like this, why not just pm the devs? If you "really don't care" what we think or say, then just keep it private. I have done this many times as have others.

Again, keep being positive and creative, but also listen to the community.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    I am not trying to come down on you or discourage you from being creative, but when you make a comment like this, why not just pm the devs?
    Ding ding ding - we have a winner folks!

@Griffinfan^^^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yich View Post
    Ding ding ding - we have a winner folks!

@Griffinfan^^^^
    I quoted JustG, you are quoting my quote of him?

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Kinda hard to make a game 17+ look at DL it was intended to be 17+ yet people younger than me play and swear left and right.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

More legends titles.. not that great idea.
    gamejoy alreaddy made their own 'Legends' game.

Epic Zombie Apocalypse MINI movie [part 1]: http://youtu.be/TvS_9Ka2R04

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griffinfan View Post
    I quoted JustG, you are quoting my quote of him?
    Elaborate please. I told someone to PM a dev because they had a question only a dev could answer. You pulled up a quote from a dev saying not to PM the devs on that kind of thing, and that was from an entirely different thread. This is Crim telling someone to PM a dev. It's a similar issue as before. If your thread is solely directed to the devs then theres no point making the thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

Great idea if spacetime increased their staff 15 fold

19.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #17
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    803 Posts

Thank for the suggestion. I'll close this thread up to prevent trolling. Thanks
    | | |

| |

Need Help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com