Thread: Consignment Store 101

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default Selling Items 101

Hi! Freui here, and I decided to just make a little list of tips and pointers when trying to make profit off of your weaponry and armor. In this thread I will focus on the two ways of selling an item. By putting it into the Consignment store (often referred to as "CS") and how to sell something by trading with someone. I will begin with the simpler of the two, and usually the more successful, how to sell something in the Consignment store.

The Consignment Store (CS)

When trying to sell an item, usually the best way to go around it is to sell it in the Consignment store. This is a basic way to go around selling an item in CS.

Step 1. Search the item in CS, you want to do this in order to place your price at a reasonable but profitable cost.
    Tip: Items prices go up and down depending on where your item is from and during what time you sell it, sometimes one might want to wait a few days to see if prices go up, but you are also taking a risk because the prices could go down, and if you're buying something this goes the same except the good and bad are vice versa.
    Tip: If have a item from a cap campaign, usually those are the most valuable items and you want to sell them as fast as possible because the closer you are to the release of the campaign the higher the prices for items usually are.
    Tip: The tip above DOES NOT apply for all items, for example demonic is usually the highest priced item in CS as well as low level holiday weapons.
    Step 2. My recommendation is to set your price at the just a few 1,000 lower than the lowest price you find (the larger the price of the lowest price item the larger the difference), once you think you have your price, move on to the next step.
    For example
    Lowest priced item: 10,000 gold Your price: 9,000-9500 gold
    Another example
    Lowest priced item 100,000 gold Your price: 90,000-95,000 gold
    Tip: DO NOT try to put your item at a ridiculously high price, rarely will anyone be inexperienced enough at the game to buy it, and anyone who is has the money to buy it is experienced enough to know that it's a fraud. Overall it's an annoying and pathetic attempt, and I know all of you people who are reading this are smart enough to know that.
    Tip: Don't set your price ridiculously low to troll, I like to troll as much as you do but in this case it's just foolish and it upsets market balance, if one person does it it doesn't matter but when more and more people do it it's not good.
    Step 3. Now that you have your price, you need to decide on how long you want your item to be in CS, you have four options, 3 hours, 11 hours, 23 hours, and 3 days. My recommendation is that if the item in question is more than 10,000-15,000 gold you would want to choose either 23 hours or 3 days, but any less than that I wouldn't waste my gold. Each time setting has a fee, the longer the duration of the item in CS the higher the price, for an experienced and wealthy player it isn't much of a big deal, but for new players you might want to think carefully on how you spend your gold. Once you decided, set your price, pick a length of time, and enter it into CS.
    Tip: CHECK IT! CHECK IT! CHECK IT! A little personal story of mine I had an Ocean Blue Diamand and I meant to sell it for 130,000 gold and I didn't put enough zeros and I accidentally sold it for only 13,000... I really regretted that stupid mistake so I don't want it to happen to you so please check it at least for my sake!
    Step 4. Don't forget to check CS! Make sure you check CS to see if your item was sold, because if it was and you didn't retrieve it after 30 days the gold disappears and no profit for you. :/
    Tip: As far as when you should check CS, personally I would check it daily, if you're an active player and get a lot of loot to sell I would check it daily in order to get the money from the last sale and get your new one in quickly
    Tip: If by chance your item doesn't sell (which I promise will happen a few times) the simple solution is to recheck CS prices and do the process all over again until you succeed in selling your item, if you get tired of trying CS to sell your items, there is an alternative method which is discussed in the next How To.

Trading

Step 1. When trying to sell an item by trading directly with another player, you first need to check CS prices so you can sell it at a good price. Once you have a good price, you're ready for the next step.
    Tip: If in this case you are desperate to sell, make a discount on the price on your item in order to make people want to buy it more, I mean hey, who doesn't want a bargain?
    Step 2. Now that you have made your price, you want to make a little selling cliche advertising what your item is, make sure to include, the name of the item, the color of the item (the actual color of the text), and the level of the item. And any other information you may need such as discounts or wether it's str (strength) dex (dexterity) or int (intelligence). And last but DEFINITELY not least, your price. Here is an example.
    For example
    Selling Level 21 Jewel Thief's Earthquake Wing for only 8000 gold!
    Another example
    Selling Level 35 Swamp Rat's Banjo Basher for only 30k!
    Tip: Sometimes you will not need to include wether it is a dex, str or int item, or what color it is unless it exists in several other colors or you are selling to experienced players who already know. Basic needs is Item name, price, and level.
    Tip: Make sure that your selling slogan can fit into one message, otherwise it'll often get cut off by other players if you have two or more, one is the best way to go
    Tip: Instead of using "selling" you can often use S) which stands for selling, and B) stands for buying. T) meaning trading is rarely used but can sometimes be seen if a player wants to trade one item for another.
    Step 3. Now that you have your selling line, it's time to find a towne to say it in! My recommendations would be Balefort as number one, others could include Forest Haven, the Alien Oasis, and always the current endgame towne. I have managed to also sell items in Lost Expedition, the Ancient Swamps, and Humania, but those were when the first three choices didn't work. Now choose a towne a say your slogan and wait until someone responds.
    Tip: DON'T SPAM! We in Pocket Legends hate spammers, we find it extremely annoying -_-". What you want to do in towne is yell your saying every 30-60 seconds. And don't stay there for too long if no new players go to that towne. No one responding means no one wants to buy your item. So take the hint and go to another towne
    Tip: Sometimes people will negotiate, hold a firm grasp on the price but don't be immovable, find a good deal and sell it. Remember, fairness means no side is happy. So don't sink the price down too low, but don't be ridiculously high so your buyer blows all his gold and decides that it's not worth it.
    Tip: Finally if this does not work at all and no one wants to buy your item, you can do one of three things (possibly four if you have really nice friends you can trust) 1. give up (not recommended ;P) 2. Try CS (again) and see what happens, who knows, maybe your buyer was online in CS when you weren't. 3. Call it a day and try again later or just tomorrow, you'll eventually get it. 4. If you seriously trust someone to the point where the other person values the friendship more than the game, ask a friend for help, if he or she really cares, then I'm sure you'll succeed, just make sure to give them a portion of the profit as a nice thank you for being you friend.

This is all from me, if you have any more suggestions or see that I have made an error both in my instructions or grammatical, feel free to tell me and If I see reason I'll edit my post.

Until then, keep being awesome! XD
    Last edited by Freuigobab; 04-06-2013 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Minor mistakes

PL: Freuigobabe (76) SL: Freuigobab (32) DL: Freuigobab (35) AL: Freuigobab (17)
    Check out our website! http://legendarywarriors.gameproforums.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

Yeah the 30 day thing... Lost a fortified set that way...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sryyoulose View Post
    I lost so much when I came back. I remember I had like 12 Crafter Orlok Swords and then a bunch of other sets then randomly deleted the app. Forgot about it and came back evidently without some items.
    Flated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Subscriber View Post
    I lost so much when I came back. I remember I had like 12 Crafter Orlok Swords and then a bunch of other sets then randomly deleted the app. Forgot about it and came back evidently without some items.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sryyoulose View Post
    Sorry for both of you >.<

PL: Freuigobabe (76) SL: Freuigobab (32) DL: Freuigobab (35) AL: Freuigobab (17)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Freuigobab View Post
    Sorry for both of you >.<
    Anyways!

Good stuff Freu.
    Flated.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Subscriber For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

O_o
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme View Post
    O_o
    Crafted.*

Haha why the "O_o" do you not believe me, think I'm stupid, or what?
    Flated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Crafted.*

It's okay calm down XD I'm sure extreme wasn't doing anything extreme, i'm pretty sure he was just expressing shock like "ouch that sucks man"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Anyways!

Good stuff Freu.
    Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Remember, fairness means no side is happy.
    For some reason, I found that sentence highly amusing. So glass-half-empty. I'm just picturing the convo:

Player #1: So what do you think about this trade?
    Player #2: It's a pretty horrible deal.
    Player #1: Yeah...I know.
    Player #2: So let's do it.
    Player #1: Okay
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

12. The Following User Says Thank You to McBain For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    For some reason, I found that sentence highly amusing. So glass-half-empty. I'm just picturing the convo:

Noob Uno: Selling 3 pinks from Skeller Krunch for 100k!
    Noob Tres: Dude that offer stinks
    Noob Uno: I know
    Noob Tres: Alright man let's do the trade
    Noob Uno: Okay

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reun View Post
    AFTER 10 MINUTES
    Noob Tres: /creates thread in general discussion OMG QQQQ NO I JUST GOT SCAMMED
    Yah.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Where's noob dos?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post

Well that's how I always saw it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Crafted.*

Wow, that sucks.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Freuigobab View Post
    Where's noob dos?
    Hmm...my Spanish isn't really the........

He was hiding in the.....woods.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Hmm...my Spanish isn't really the........

He was hiding in the.....woods.
    Hopefully it wasn't the dark forest, I have a feeling that the rogues are going to give him a nasty surprise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Are there some times/days that are better to list than others? In other words, do more items sell on weekends than weekdays? Is evening in the US the best time to list? Or do you just list whenever you get the items?

Also, what do you mean by trolling with a low price? I see those and think either somebody is in need of the money or clueless, or somebody has set another item on an alt at a ridiculously high price to sell the low priced one? If it is a legit low price it offers an opportunity to make some money by purchasing and re-listing, right? What's the trolling part?

Thx.
    PL: Arazoro [76] ranger | Noerbert [76] archer | Zeanaca [76] sorceress | Arbert [76] warrior
    AL: Teamar [22] rogue | Barimar [21] sorcerer | Guark [21] warrior

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts

What I often do is look at the lowest price in the cs remember their name and try to pm the person to negotiate a lower price. Then pm the next lowest to see if they will go lower.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Norbert View Post
    Are there some times/days that are better to list than others? In other words, do more items sell on weekends than weekdays? Is evening in the US the best time to list? Or do you just list whenever you get the items?

Also, what do you mean by trolling with a low price? I see those and think either somebody is in need of the money or clueless, or somebody has set another item on an alt at a ridiculously high price to sell the low priced one? If it is a legit low price it offers an opportunity to make some money by purchasing and re-listing, right? What's the trolling part?

Thx.
    First off, I have NO IDEA if there is a weekly difference the only actual chronological difference would be how old the campaign is from release date. I really don't know if there is a time or day but there probably is a statistically time but it isn't accurate enough to relie on.

And as for low price trolling I've heard of people discussing the general idea if it was big enough the prices on items would change and the CS being a market would crash and prices would go pretty low but it would have to be hundreds and hundreds of people and it probably will never happen I'm just discouraging it because it's foolish.