Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: elite pve build

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Default elite pve build

Hi.
    I would like to ask to pros what would be the best build and skill combinations for serious elite run.

Currently my build is high health and mana for pvp and now I want to use my rogue for elite run purpose only.

I believe it would have high dmg and dps for its role, but not sure what would be the best.

Please advise me.
    Thank you!!
    Last edited by Excuses; 04-07-2013 at 08:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Pure Dex on base stats with the following skill build:

Aimed shot Max
    Trap - 3/5
    Nox - 4/5
    Veil - 3/5
    Dex passive max
    Int passive max

That's the build I've been using for elite runs, though for survivability I rely on my gears. You could add a little bit STR on your base stats if you feel squishy.
    duck dynasty falls

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Limsi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

veil 3/5? no armor or no addition 3 seconds?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kingoburgo View Post
    veil 3/5? no armor or no addition 3 seconds?
    Veil probably has dmg and 3sec

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Limsyoker View Post
    Pure Dex on base stats with the following skill build:

Aimed shot Max
    Trap - 3/5
    Nox - 4/5
    Veil - 3/5
    Dex passive max
    Int passive max

That's the build I've been using for elite runs, though for survivability I rely on my gears. You could add a little bit STR on your base stats if you feel squishy.
    Thanks!!

It looks like bow basic build?
    Don't I need razor for dps attack?

And could you tell me which one I should upgrade for the skills?

Thanks again!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Looks like Me and lims have basically the same thing but I have weaker nox for a bit more survivability.

Aimed Shot Maxed
    Nox-2/5 only with impact damage. If you're wondering, the above build also has extended poison and stronger poison(I'm assuming)
    Veil-4/5 no explosion
    Trap-3/5 net retraction and adept construction.
    Max dex passive
    Max int passive
    1/5 str passive

EDIT: And to answer your question, no razor really isn't much help.

Sig creds: Beelzzebob
    Igns: Warriorname, Azepeiete, Sorcerername.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Azepeiete For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Might 3/5
    Knowledge 3/5
    Agility 3/5

Shadow Storm Shot or Trap 3/5
    Shadow Veil 3/5
    Aim Shot Max
    Nox Bolt 3/5
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zuzeq For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorname View Post
    Looks like Me and lims have basically the same thing but I have weaker nox for a bit more survivability.

Aimed Shot Maxed
    Nox-2/5 only with impact damage. If you're wondering, the above build also has extended poison and stronger poison(I'm assuming)
    Veil-4/5 no explosion
    Max dex passive
    Max int passive
    1/5 str passive

Hmm. First of all...
    Thanks for the reply everyone!

Looks like everyone recommend AS, Nox and vail...
    I thought razor and piercer would be good for pve. Surprised.

Then how should I use them and play?
    Should I cast net and vail on it(maybe over tank I guess), then stay out(or in?) to shoot as and nox? Then I should use bow for his I guess...
    I have never used bow for pve. So kind of new for me. (I used to use razor and piercer with dagger. I liked them for 20% dodge and 10% heal back which save me a lot of pots..)

Please advise me on skill use strategy...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Shadow pierce not that much reliable since the normal swing of blades with nox and aimed complementing ea other would be already enough. I just don't feel razor's dodge benefits atm and the added damage from the sub skill upgrade seems to be minimal.

The build I suggested works well with daggers too, actually I use daggers for pve. Just cast trap first and if it works the mobs should be concentrated and that's the time you cast your veil. Stay inside. If the trap fails to work, just cast the veil and follow up with another trap inside the veil and hope it works.
    duck dynasty falls

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Limsi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Shadow pierce not that much reliable since the normal swing of blades with nox and aimed complementing ea other would be already enough. I just don't feel razor's dodge benefits atm and the added damage from the sub skill upgrade seems to be minimal.

The build I suggested works well with daggers too, actually I use daggers for pve. Just cast trap first and if it works the mobs should be concentrated and that's the time you cast your veil. Stay inside. If the trap fails to work, just cast the veil and follow up with another trap inside the veil and hope it works.

Many thanks for the reply!!

And you are right. Razor will make less dmg than Nox... (but dmg to more target?)
    And I picked the skill for safety, not for dmg.
    Piercer as well for heal while it has same dmg as nox but hits 3 times.
    My old pve build was AS, razor, piercer, and heal.. now I have nox in stead of razor for pvp.

Sorry for too many questions, but please help me..

How should I use trap?
    I have seen a rogue in km3 almost soloing with trap, but I couldn't do it like her.
    Should I just go in to the mobs and cast it, or on the way (in front of) mobs, or in front of bows/mages?

And my wife play a warrior, and when I go elite, she will be there too. And I know it is hard to tank by herself, so I use combat medic to help her.
    Is vail with 20% armor better or packs are better to help her?
    (I know this is off topic but this is an important issue for me...)

Thanks for the future help!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Medics are for pvp only. Pvm use potions. Its much easier than finding packs, and gathering. So from that perspective 20% def is better :-)

Traps.. Try to aim mobs at front of tank, or places where they will be the most effective.
    Stand just behind tanks backs, and use skills.

So... U playing with tinny woman, and yours woman with with big muscular man? :-D
    AL: Ishyrionek (31 Warrior)
    AL: Ishyrion (30 Rogue)
    AL: Ishyrionus (30 Wizzard)
    BD: Ishyrion (7)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mstj View Post
    Many thanks for the reply!!

And you are right. Razor will make less dmg than Nox... (but dmg to more target?)
    And I picked the skill for safety, not for dmg.
    Piercer as well for heal while it has same dmg as nox but hits 3 times.
    My old pve build was AS, razor, piercer, and heal.. now I have nox in stead of razor for pvp.

Sorry for too many questions, but please help me..

How should I use trap?
    I have seen a rogue in km3 almost soloing with trap, but I couldn't do it like her.
    Should I just go in to the mobs and cast it, or on the way (in front of) mobs, or in front of bows/mages?

And my wife play a warrior, and when I go elite, she will be there too. And I know it is hard to tank by herself, so I use combat medic to help her.
    Is vail with 20% armor better or packs are better to help her?
    (I know this is off topic but this is an important issue for me...)

Thanks for the future help!!!
    First things first - Traps only work by chance, so it's possible to cast 4 consecutive traps without being successful. Make sure you add the net thing upgrade for a better chance as the trap itself (circular metal thingy) alone would have lesser chances of capturing mobs without the net upgrade. Cast it anywhere, no issue with that and probably the rogue you've seen was extremely lucky with the trap.

Imho, medics are not much of worth in pve if your wife could afford potions. I assume that she has the perfect build with the shield and stuff to help you too. Pick the veil with the sub skill adding damage for those in circle as well as the armor buff. In this case, both of you would really benefit. With the nerf and stuff that took place, spamming potions has become necessary for a tank regardless of its build. Additionally, I do not recommend hpacks for the reason that it sacrifices a skill slot which should have been used for a "damage" skill in which your rogue should be best at. If it does not work for you and your wife, feel free to tell us.
    duck dynasty falls

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Limsi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ishyrionek View Post
    So... U playing with tinny woman, and yours woman with with big muscular man? :-D
    Haha Yes for pve. Sometimes as mage depends on party. Because she only play warrior, if I play warrior and have one more random warrior, it will take too long time to finish it.
    In pvp I play as warrior or mage to help her because rogue can't help much.

With the nerf and stuff that took place, spamming potions has become necessary for a tank regardless of its build.
    This is a sad truth.
    And thanks for all kind answers!!
    I will try veil. =]
    Last edited by Excuses; 04-08-2013 at 08:38 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Aimed Shot Maxed
    Veil-4/5 no explosion
    Max dex passive
    Max int passive
    1/5 str passive

hi, I am new to rogue as well (on my 3rd toon). I've been trying various PVE build, and I have a question regarding your build here.

Aren't both AS and Nox single target skill? I've tested Nox a few times, even with the range upgrade, only the poison damage have range; the impact damage is single target.

Now, with AS and Nox being single target skill, you don't really have any other attack with AOE (other than your dagger? I've heard there is a dagger that does AOE on non-charaged auto-attack)

Isn't that kind of defeats the purpose of trap (it doesn't do damage if you don't have the upgrade) if both of your skills are single target only?

I just don't understand this build, maybe you can explain your flow a little bit?

Another trap build that I saw is to replace Nox with Razor to take advantage of the AOE damage.

I really enjoy playing rogue due to the varieties of builds. My mage and warrior are pretty limited in term of different builds for PVE; there are only maybe 1 or 2 builds for mage and warriors for PVE that are effective.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wawawa64 View Post
    hi, I am new to rogue as well (on my 3rd toon). I've been trying various PVE build, and I have a question regarding your build here.

Aren't both AS and Nox single target skill? I've tested Nox a few times, even with the range upgrade, only the poison damage have range; the impact damage is single target.

Now, with AS and Nox being single target skill, you don't really have any other attack with AOE (other than your dagger? I've heard there is a dagger that does AOE on non-charaged auto-attack)

Isn't that kind of defeats the purpose of trap (it doesn't do damage if you don't have the upgrade) if both of your skills are single target only?

I just don't understand this build, maybe you can explain your flow a little bit?

Another trap build that I saw is to replace Nox with Razor to take advantage of the AOE damage.

I really enjoy playing rogue due to the varieties of builds. My mage and warrior are pretty limited in term of different builds for PVE; there are only maybe 1 or 2 builds for mage and warriors for PVE that are effective.

The poison from Nox Bolt can effect up to four people if they are close enough together. This is based on in-game play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zuzeq View Post
    The poison from Nox Bolt can effect up to four people if they are close enough together. This is based on in-game play.
    thanks for the reply.

So is the poison damage the main AOE in this build? I know they stacks (especially with the +3 sec duration), but based on the low lvl toon that I built to test this, the poison damage isn't that high (compare to razor), and if it's only affecting four people, it doesn't sound that good on paper. Am I missing something?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

That was kind of my question too.
    Just want to clarify....

Razor's cool down is 20sec and activates for 8sec with upgrade. And highest dmg is 90 while nox is 250. So maybe if I don't mind using a lot of pots, Nox will definitely make more dmg. But when I have more than 4 mobs in trap and using dagger for dps attack... I am not sure..

So how many target can razor attack at a time? If it can attack all targets in range like Time shift, this one will be better than Nox somewhat for mobs.

And also piercer make same dmg ×3 with same cool down.

My highest dmg for both skills is 250. Based on this.
    So 700-750 dmg for piercer and nox makes 250+15% + 30×6 = 445 dmg
    And tested in G Beach, result was about same.
    Overall I feel like piercer makes better dmg on mobs.

However if I consider Boss fight, Nox will be the best choice on top of razor and piercer anyways.

Edit-
    But I forgot that piercer can throw me out to other mobs and bring them in.

So Razor vs Nox.
    (Just read a thread talking about this a mouth ago by vys and jayb.)
    I guess both are good in different field.
    Razor for mobs and viability, and Nox for max dmg.

And As, veil and trap are must-have.
    Last edited by Excuses; 04-08-2013 at 02:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

thanks for the reply.

So is the poison damage the main AOE in this build? I know they stacks (especially with the +3 sec duration), but based on the low lvl toon that I built to test this, the poison damage isn't that high (compare to razor), and if it's only affecting four people, it doesn't sound that good on paper. Am I missing something?

My opinion is very bias on this one..lol. I use a pure bow build, using all bow skills (+Smoke). I found that at the end game levels Nox bolt deals more than its fair share of damage. Even more so when coupled with Aim Shot. With a 2 sec cool down each, you can spam these two skills together and make short work of any elite mob. Additionally, these skills coupled together eats away at bosse's HP due to Aim Shot's crit boost. Also, if you prefer to deal consistent damage...it's helpful having Nox nibbing away at a Elite mob's/bosse's HP for six seconds after contact while you back away from a incoming hard hit or you have to take your finger off then trigger to drink potions. I base this assessment of a elite level toon i.e. high damage. A capped Assassin with top gear is putting out at least 210+ damage which is directly associated with the damage your skills deal. My damage sit at 232-236(depending on pet in use). Saying that, my Nox Bolt kicks out a good amount of damage to multiple targets (around 300-320 per target uncharged w/o crit, 55-75 uncharged per second for poison damage. Without a charge or crit thats an average of 450 damage on poison alone (per target). The mob member that took the hit? He is taking a possible 770 damage! If you can't make use of that idk what more I can tell you. Then again, this is just a "Bowman" talking. If I was a dagger user, Razor shield would be a must. I don't know how to use daggers any more...lol. And don't get me started on Shadow Storm Shot's AOE damage capabilities..lol..the most underated skill in the whole game...
    Last edited by Zuzeq; 04-08-2013 at 02:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Don't get the range upgrade on nox, ever, use it as a single target skill.

Basically I charge veil, drop it, then trap. After that its aimed, dagger, nox, aimed, dagger, nox, over and over. Drop veils and traps when cd is finished.

The point of trap pulling stuff together isn't really about doing the AOE damage, it just brings things closer so those with AOE attacks will get it, and it's nice to pull them together.

There are no un-charged AOE attacks, assuming you mean the flintlocks. Just a rumor.

Sig creds: Beelzzebob
    Igns: Warriorname, Azepeiete, Sorcerername.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Don't get the range upgrade on nox, ever, use it as a single target skill.

Basically I charge veil, drop it, then trap. After that its aimed, dagger, nox, aimed, dagger, nox, over and over. Drop veils and traps when cd is finished.

The point of trap pulling stuff together isn't really about doing the AOE damage, it just brings things closer so those with AOE attacks will get it, and it's nice to pull them together.

There are no un-charged AOE attacks, assuming you mean the flintlocks. Just a rumor.
    thanks for clarifying ! makes more sense now.