Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: elite pve build

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zuzeq View Post
    My opinion is very bias on this one..lol. I use a pure bow build, using all bow skills (+Smoke). I found that at the end game levels Nox bolt deals more than its fair share of damage. Even more so when coupled with Aim Shot. With a 2 sec cool down each, you can spam these two skills together and make short work of any elite mob. Additionally, these skills coupled together eats away at bosse's HP due to Aim Shot's crit boost. Also, if you prefer to deal consistent damage...it's helpful having Nox nibbing away at a Elite mob's/bosse's HP for six seconds after contact while you back away from a incoming hard hit or you have to take your finger off then trigger to drink potions. I base this assessment of a elite level toon i.e. high damage. A capped Assassin with top gear is putting out at least 210+ damage which is directly associated with the damage your skills deal. My damage sit at 232-236(depending on pet in use). Saying that, my Nox Bolt kicks out a good amount of damage to multiple targets (around 300-320 per target uncharged w/o crit, 55-75 uncharged per second for poison damage. Without a charge or crit thats an average of 450 damage on poison alone (per target). The mob member that took the hit? He is taking a possible 770 damage! If you can't make use of that idk what more I can tell you. Then again, this is just a "Bowman" talking. If I was a dagger user, Razor shield would be a must. I don't know how to use daggers any more...lol. And don't get me started on Shadow Storm Shot's AOE damage capabilities..lol..the most underated skill in the whole game...
    I guess I am not really questioning the damage that Nox do, but whether is it a better skill to complement with trap than razor due to the AOE.
    Also, does the range upgrade on Nox increase the max number of target?

some many things to try =). I wish there is a free respec soon =)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mstj View Post
    That was kind of my question too.
    Just want to clarify....

Razor's cool down is 20sec and activates for 8sec with upgrade. And highest dmg is 90 while nox is 250. So maybe if I don't mind using a lot of pots, Nox will definitely make more dmg. But when I have more than 4 mobs in trap and using dagger for dps attack... I am not sure..

So how many target can razor attack at a time? If it can attack all targets in range like Time shift, this one will be better than Nox somewhat for mobs.

And also piercer make same dmg ×3 with same cool down.

My highest dmg for both skills is 250. Based on this.
    So 700-750 dmg for piercer and nox makes 250+15% + 30×6 = 445 dmg
    And tested in G Beach, result was about same.
    Overall I feel like piercer makes better dmg on mobs.

However if I consider Boss fight, Nox will be the best choice on top of razor and piercer anyways.

Edit-
    But I forgot that piercer can throw me out to other mobs and bring them in.

So Razor vs Nox.
    (Just read a thread talking about this a mouth ago by vys and jayb.)
    I guess both are good in different field.
    Razor for mobs and viability, and Nox for max dmg.

And As, veil and trap are must-have.
    thanks for the reply. I guess the long cool down on razor is one of the cons. I think I can test the max number of target on razor in wt1 or something (my rogue is only lvl 12 now, I am gonna take my time on her, I've gotten really tired after leveling my mage and warrior to lvl 26 =| ).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Been using this on my rogue for quite some time,

Pure dex
    5/5 dex passive
    3/5 int n str passive
    1/5 shadow piercer
    4/5 entangling trap
    4/5 shadow veil
    5/5 aimed shot

Works great for my style of play and has very good survivability
    Ign - slashyroth

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Slashiroth For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wawawa64 View Post
    I guess I am not really questioning the damage that Nox do, but whether is it a better skill to complement with trap than razor due to the AOE.
    Also, does the range upgrade on Nox increase the max number of target?

some many things to try =). I wish there is a free respec soon =)
    Sorry that overly long reply..lol. Nox does not need the range upgrade to produce AOE damage and yes, i do think it complements trap well (if you have traps pull upgrade). On the other hand Razor is useful for dagger users (if you have issues with staying alive).
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

I have tried some different builds as all you guys said with a pro elite team, a noob team and a random team, and figured what works for me. THANKS for all your help guys.

I like to spam skills than auto attack because I think it will bring more dmg in the end, and not like to spam pots cuz it wastes so much golds. Based on this.

Full dex was so fragile and lack of mana. So I put 50 points on Int for all dmg, mana and health.

Razor wasn't the best for me because I don't really have to use a lot of mana for long CD, but 20% dodge wasn't that much help, so I have to spam health pots anyways. And dmg wasn't so great.

Nox uses a lot of mana and doesn't do anything about survivability. Great dmg, but sucks up so much both pots.

So my choice was Piercer which gives me heals consistently while using which saves a lot of pots. And dmg is also great with 3 hits.
    So I can spam AS and charged piercer for mobs and (charged or not) AS and just piercer for boss with 1500 mana for each second which bring out enough dmg(I don't really use auto attack much but use skills only. No time for that. I do press between skills, but I don't see many comes out)
    So when a mage heals(or even not), I use less than 10 pots with a good team for each run while bring enough dmg.
    (I know if you are full dex and use mana pots, you will definitely make better dmg. But I don't like to spend so much pots for every run.)

And veil and AS and just a must have, but i think trap works depends on my team.
    If I don't have a mage with fire, ice and time on team, trap will just gather all mobs and let them attack tank simultaneously, and kill the tank and entire group in a sec... but with good team, it helps finish faster.
    (When I play as mage, it helps my wife a lot better than rogue. I think warrior and mage work together for survivability and rogues deliver dmg to make the run short. So 1 warrior, 1 mage and 2 rogues are good if everyone knows their role.).
    Right now I have CM pack in stead of trap cuz my wife asked so, and actually it saves mage and noob warrior's life while time roots mobs.

But trap makes it easy and faster. So I might respec. But yes, this is my build for now, hope this help someone like me.

AS 5/5
    Piercer 3/5 - heal & 3 times
    Veil 4/5 - no explode
    Heal 4/5 - no over-time-heal

Int 5/5
    Dex 4/5

So end up with +1900 health, 186.5 dmg, +1600 mana with slag and shipmaster bow which I mostly use for elite run.

Not the best build for someone, but works for me.
    Again, thanks for everyone who gave me advice. =)
    Last edited by Excuses; 04-16-2013 at 10:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

An uncharged auto attack from dagger can hit at least 3 mobs. It may hit more, but I've clearly seen at least 3.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to xxsaraixx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xxsaraixx View Post
    An uncharged auto attack from dagger can hit at least 3 mobs. It may hit more, but I've clearly seen at least 3.
    Tested, and approved!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

You mean CHARGED attack, right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

an uncharged auto attack from dagger can hit at least 3 mobs. It may hit more, but i've clearly seen at least 3.
    uncharged

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

uncharged
    Which dagger you used?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I'm not 100% sure because I havent tested it with non legendaries, but my guess is it should be the same for all daggers. I think its a general trait of auto attack not a specific weapon trait or proc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

I'm not 100% sure because I havent tested it with non legendaries, but my guess is it should be the same for all daggers. I think its a general trait of auto attack not a specific weapon trait or proc.
    Just tested with my lvl26 DBB, and it hits only one target at a time. When I go around and spam it it looks like it hits multiple targets, but it just hit fast, not together.
    Can you give me the weapon's name? I want to test and see the difference.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Ive used DBB,ALP,ALT,DBP,AHB,AHT, Incandescent Blades, just to name a few, all at various levels, and they hit mutli targets in the forward direction. The test process i did was, i went to normal Brack forest. I ran and grouped 10+ enemies (melee type, archer types are generally too far away) directly infront of my toon. I push autoattack 1 time. 3 die. I wait 5 seconds. I push auto attack 1 time. 3 die. There is no chance of spam because I am only pushing the autoattack button once. 1 swing, 3 deaths. If I don't group the enemies well, sometimes only 1 or 2 die, but if the group is close enough 3 die. This is where the trap skill, mentioned previously comes in. If you can get all enemies to occupy one spot it is possible more then 3 will take auto attack damage, but for me this is very difficult to verify visually. I may at a later date test this with trap, but currently it isn't in my build.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xxsaraixx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Ive used DBB,ALP,ALT,DBP,AHB,AHT, Incandescent Blades, just to name a few, all at various levels, and they hit mutli targets in the forward direction. The test process i did was, i went to normal Brack forest. I ran and grouped 10+ enemies (melee type, archer types are generally too far away) directly infront of my toon. I push autoattack 1 time. 3 die. I wait 5 seconds. I push auto attack 1 time. 3 die. There is no chance of spam because I am only pushing the autoattack button once. 1 swing, 3 deaths. If I don't group the enemies well, sometimes only 1 or 2 die, but if the group is close enough 3 die. This is where the trap skill, mentioned previously comes in. If you can get all enemies to occupy one spot it is possible more then 3 will take auto attack damage, but for me this is very difficult to verify visually. I may at a later date test this with trap, but currently it isn't in my build.
    I have done this exact test as well and I have to say at indeed these daggers hit multiple targets. Another test I did was on elite seas without using trap just to avoid myself from being confused if my dagger would hit only a single target. The result was clear: I do hit 3 enemies with uncharged spam of normal attack.
    duck dynasty falls

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Limsi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Limsyoker View Post
    I have done this exact test as well and I have to say at indeed these daggers hit multiple targets. Another test I did was on elite seas without using trap just to avoid myself from being confused if my dagger would hit only a single target. The result was clear: I do hit 3 enemies with uncharged spam of normal attack.
    Yes, me too. I didn't see three but actually saw two a lot of times...
    So I have to admit daggers hit multiple targets when it's really close.

Then now trap + auto attack is more considerable style...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mstj View Post
    AS 5/5
    Piercer 3/5 - heal & 3 times
    Veil 4/5 - no explode
    Heal 4/5 - no over-time-heal

Int 5/5
    Dex 4/5

So end up with +1900 health, 186.5 dmg, +1600 mana with slag and shipmaster bow which I mostly use for elite run.

Not the best build for someone, but works for me.
    Again, thanks for everyone who gave me advice. =)
    i changed to this built and i like it for the survibality and lesser pots!!! thanks. i put also add pt to my str for health .. dont u think to put more int so mana can be increased??? anyway ty

Life is a game, boy. Life is a game that one plays according to the rules. J. D. Salinger The Catcher in the Rye
    Primary IGN: Elfwarden

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

New build at 31 cap-
    There is not best build only the one that works for you, and this is mine.

Aimed Shot Maxed
    Nox-4/5 all except larger radius of impact (second upgrade)
    Veil-4/5 no explosion
    Trap-3/5 net retraction and adept construction.
    Max dex passive
    Max int passive
    4/5 str passive

OR you can use shadow piercer which helps you get around some instead of noxious bolt. Only put the initial point in it, and add str then damage passives until you're out.

Sig creds: Beelzzebob
    Igns: Warriorname, Azepeiete, Sorcerername.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hehe i have same build :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

can someone tell me how to do now after I update build a rogue?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elf-Orc-Naga View Post
    i changed to this built and i like it for the survibality and lesser pots!!! thanks. i put also add pt to my str for health .. dont u think to put more int so mana can be increased??? anyway ty
    Thanks for the feedback. =)
    If you like to do pvp too, then more health will be good. And I think 50 Int is good enough for mana pool. Rogue need to do deliver enough dmg asap, so I don't want to cut down it's best too much. (maybe even 30 will be fine too) Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by azbestwarior View Post
    can someone tell me how to do now after I update build a rogue?
    I wouldn't add more points on skills but put them in passive to max out dex/int/str then dmg.