Thread: How to Play with Mage in Elite Seas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Smile How to Play with Mage in Elite Seas.

Hello there everybody..
    Will make a little Guide of "How to play with mage in Elite seas"
    I really hope it will help and please be kind to me, cuz it's my 1st guide^_^

So.

1st. of All mage is made from egg shell, hehe so It's really Important to have a good party. ( with at least 1 warrior, cuz it's important in elite seas.)

Why warrior is important. ?

It's because when a mage is using Lifegiver, mobs r starting to attack him, so Warrior is needed to be verry helpfull n immediatly use Shield after the mage have used heal + need spam skills to take aggro bck to him.

So, 1st part of elite seas.

It's good if u have a staff n a gun, because it's better to hit mobs with staff, cuz it got AoE and u will hit more of them, n will kill faster.
    I really like when the warrior stands in front of the mage, because mage will be behind n it's less chance to die.

About skills.

TimeShift - Always charge it, its really helpfull, so if war. will stay in front of you, mobs will cant get to you. Its like a kinda Wall abit ^^

Ice - Always charge it, because u will stun more mobs instead of just one, so it have more chance to stay alive. + Helps for teammates.

Fire - It's better to charge it, but as for me, i charge it only sometimes ^^, but if u have charged it, it will knockdown some enemies n stun for awhile.

Heal - Of course u need to charge it, because Of mana, u will give mana to your teammates, so it's really helpfull not only for u.. ( Use Heal ONLY after TimeShift.)

Wind - As for me i don't use it, but it's really helpfull to get thoose Shooters into combat zone, but u need to be carefull when u run to them n use it .. + u need to know the place where u need to cast the spell, if u do it wrong u can just threw them away from combat zone ^^ try to get as close as possible to them from the back. n then use it.

Shield - I think shield is more like for solo guys, cuz it onlys helps u to not die n i think its better for PvP, not PvE.

Thunder - Charge it, because then u will chance to hit more then 1 mob. n it hits a nice dmg. But it's more usefull for bosses.

Important !

When you are going to Charge your skill, always check your Health 1st, if its less than 50% then use some pots to refill ur health, or ur just die, wile u are charging your skill.

The Boss.!

It's better to use gun for it. Because then u don't need to stay close to boss, mostly i stay pretty farm from him n run into combat zone just to heal Teammates, then again run out, and always try to run out of thoose Red circles, because mostly they take like 80% of your health off + 1 hit for boss and your down. It's really good when warrior uses shield, when there is the red circle, so everybody is save from that.

So That was my 1st guide, n i hope not last. Hope u like it guys, n edit if something is wrong

Thanks, have a nice day.

Enjoy your gameplay.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Trande For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Not bad. With different skills of course things would be a little different. But I will say that warriors are not necessarily needed. One of the quickest runs I've been in was an all mage group. Between stun (fire ball), time, and freeze there was little dmg taken. But for any team it just depends on the players.
    ERDNASE
    Retired Co-Master/Guild Elder of
    CHIVALROUS UNION

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

and to those rude warrior and rouge, pls dont treat us like your slave and be more considerate that we are using offensive skills not only the support skills for you guys, dont depend your life and mana on our skill Lifegiver. We're not building our mages to be a healer, and some mages build dont have support skills just pure offensive attack skills. Work as a team, For warrior, If u see the hp gauge of your partymates use and charge also your horn, lets support each other. thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Hey trande great guide bud! You should put the full word 'and' instead of 'n'.

Overall its informative
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Interesting that the same person that makes a post asking how not to die as a mage, writes a post on how to play as a mage.

If you want to write a guide, take the time to write out whole words and check your grammar. For general posts just write out the whole words is enough, but for something like a guide I would suggest putting it into a word processor (like MS Word, or LibreOffice) before posting to make it the best post possible.

As for your advice:

Fireball - Charge every other hit. It should be timed so that you release the charged fireball just before (or right as) time drops. That will stun them just long enough for you to run in (while charging) time and drop it again with little risk of being hit.

Lightning - Never charge it, the chance for extra damage is too small and it lowers your overall DPS.

Ice - I agree, charge it. While the chance to freeze is just as bad as lightning, the overall effect is much more worthwhile.

Time - Of course always charge it.

On charging and health, you can (unless your device sucks) use potions while charging. Same goes for pet abilities. Only skills and basic attacks cannot be done while charging.

As for the need for a good group, it is only needed if you are going for time. I can solo most elites (KI ones included) without dying; it's a matter of skill, knowing your abilities, having the right gear, and knowing the map. Of course, it's also quite slow (I average 20-25 minutes when I solo).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Nice guide
    SILENTDANKZ MALE VAMP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

nice guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

nice guide, warriors be good!

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk HD
    ^ Battle Dragons IGN

Et tu, brute?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

I don't use heal. When people tell me to give mana or heal, I tell them to use pots. They're not that expensive.
    Jed - Sorcerer, Crp - Sorcerer, Qad - Sorcerer, Puj - Warrior, Onf - Rogue
    Remember that thing about AL platinum only being used for elixirs and vanity? Yeah.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Nice guide.

I actually prefer the opposite using the gun for mobs and using the staff for the
    boss. The gun has a much higher skill damage and on mobs I pretty much am charging all
    of my skills for crowd control (I use a 4 offensive skill build) and have very little time for
    weapon "autoattack." So the higher skill damage of the gun is much more important, and the
    annoying push back of the gun doesn't really come into play. Plus if you have all of the enemies
    up against the edge of the ship (don't use the lame corner technique) the push back should just
    push then against the rail which is actually desired.

For the boss I think it is better to not charge any of your skills, as you
    no longer need the crowd control, and to spam your autoattack as much as possible. For
    this it is better to use a weapon with the highest dps - the firesquid of assault. In this instance,
    versus a single enemy, I think the loss in skill damage is made up for and surpassed by the
    "autoattack" weapon damage. Also, I find that it is not really the boss that kills me the most,
    but instead the cannon balls that will kill me if I am not at full health when they hit me. So,
    run away from the cannon blasts when you see the red circle, or if you can't escape in time
    make sure you spam pots to get you health up to max before it hits so you won't die. The
    annoying part of the boss is his skill attack which stuns you, making it hard to get away from
    the cannon blast. Luckily you can still spam pots while stunned, so do so until no longer stunned.
    Also just make sure to run when you see the red triangle of his skill attack.

Good luck and happy farming!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Personally, I charged Fireball all the time. With the upgrades, the mob get reduced hit chance and get stunned, and this just make the whole group survive much easier. In south sea farming with PUG, you can't really rely on anyone to heal you at the right time. So right after a charged fireball, you can easily assume you won't get hit for at least 2 seconds; I usually pot/heal during the time if my health is low, or charged timeshift/Frost for my next attack.

IMO, the strength of mages are their crowd control, so if you are not stun/freeze/snare/root your enemies, you are not maximizing the strength of our little blue friend here.

Against the boss in south sea, I actually prefer the oracle gun, because I can "pin" the boss in the lower right corner, and everyone can just focus on attacking the boss whether than running around the map trying to avoid the boss's red zone attack and the cannons from the sky.
    Last edited by wawawa64; 04-10-2013 at 02:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

The amount of crying by warriors or rogues is unbelievable. I don't use livegiver but use shield instead. However, if I was going to respect I would probably drop shield and add a 4th offensive skill. Livegiver is only useful for saving pots for others. You can't use it when you are really low because it takes too long to charge and doesn't really refill your health. I can spam pots a lot faster. Also it attracts aggro so in my opinion there are too many downsides. Shield in my opinion is more useful even though by the numbers it is only 500 health points vs around 700 (non-charged) life giver. The main reason is if you're dead you can't use life giver. And there are times between the boss hitting me & cannons firing where I would have been dead if I didn't have shield. However the better that you get at playing a map, the less you need shield.

And I agree with drgrimmy, when I am fighting mobs, I charge my skills (fireball, time shift, frost) because they knock down, root and freeze. So this makes it easier to control and you take less damage. When fighting the boss, I just try to spam my skills and auto attack as fast as possible because non of these effects work. The most annoying part of the boss on elite ss is that, once he starts his wind up (he jumps in the air), no matter how far you run across the map, he's going to hit you. So with a speed elixir, he's not even in the frame and I am still hit by him.

Also for rogues and warriors if you ask nicely, I'll use Jack for mana heal. Otherwise you can spend your gold on pots like I do. But I get the feeling people show up with almost no pots when playing elite ss and expect others to heal them. It seems like dieing is a strategy for them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Really thanks for editing. And about english, its not my best language, but i keep learning and i hope that after some time i will know it better.
    And about * n * thingy, really sorry about that. I will really try to look much more how i write in forum.

Big Thank You guys, who like my thread, hehe.

Have a nice gameplay and a nice day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

All in int
    skills
    1- fire ball
    2- lightning
    3- heal
    4- shelid
    Passive