Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just a notice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Default Just a notice

As you may know, it's very rare of me to call out players or make threads about these types of things and I know this will result in a lock/flame but...

I check leaderboards every day. For the past two weeks, Rokiee has been at the number 4 spot for most CTF kills with about 29k kills. Now, yesterday I noticed that "Slayiin" knocked him off the spot with 35k CTF kills, just to let you know, the day before yesterday, Monday, he was definately not there. So, today I log on and the first thing I do is check leaderboards and how many kills does he have now? 50k to round it off. Clearly not possible to get that many CTF kills in one day especially as a bear. So I'm letting you know this guy is now at #1 for most CTF kills cheating/boosting his way to the top. It's very dissapointing seeing players work go to waste like this so I took the time to let you know.

~Gladiator
    Last edited by Nihiliste; 04-10-2013 at 02:33 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nihiliste For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I could not agree with you more. I don't know what's been going on lately...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

When will Devs realise they need to step in

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jcoultet View Post
    When will Devs realise they need to step in
    As Apollo once told me, "PL is like an ex-girlfriend. You don't want to really forget about them, but sometimes that's the best choice, and you need to let go."

Basically, I doubt the devs will step in. Just try to enjoy the game, and avoid the LB's as that they really don't matter in the end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Yeah Will, I know leaderboards don't matter anymore and haven't for a long time but there are people who are legit and seeing their work go away just like that is dissapointing. It's a desperate time for change already.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Everybody's boosting and then changing their name, I noticed that. I don't know how I'll ever reach leads with all the boosting.
    Flated.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Don't know if this is a solution, but Delphina made mention in a recent AL thread regarding the same issue to send the report to support and she would also add it to her nightly reports. Worth a shot.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    Don't know if this is a solution, but Delphina made mention in a recent AL thread regarding the same issue to send the report to support and she would also add it to her nightly reports. Worth a shot.
    I reckon I saw this, was it the flag booster guy?
    Flated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomecide View Post
    Yeah Will, I know leaderboards don't matter anymore and haven't for a long time but there are people who are legit and seeing their work go away just like that is dissapointing. It's a desperate time for change already.
    I know what ya mean. If I were on the LB's and taken off from some boosters, I'd be pissed too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

With permission from Dollo:

"Above is the CTF game that Slayiin is farming kills in. There are no other locked CTF games across 76 levels. I checked.

There's also been 5-8 locked games going for over a month in the Forest Manor map. All of the locked games are around levels 17-25. The person who has these characters in the locked games is using a bot to farm gold, items (such as kite shields, pinks, and other items from barrels) or other things. There's only been one person in the game at all times, as to suggest there was no kill farming. (if you really wanted to farm pvp kills, you'd go to tiny tombs also)."

Edit: Sorry for the terrible first two pics. Tried copying and posting from my iPod, got a better one.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Nihiliste; 04-10-2013 at 05:26 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nihiliste For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

it's these little fagmags on computer using marcos and having a bot. thats the only way to get 20k odd kills in a day. thats the main reason i hated the idea of STS making this a computer game too.

Nzdevil-76 Pocket Legends

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Subscriber View Post
    I reckon I saw this, was it the flag booster guy?
    I believe you are correct.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtymonkey_666 View Post
    it's these little fagmags on computer using marcos and having a bot. thats the only way to get 20k odd kills in a day. thats the main reason i hated the idea of STS making this a computer game too.
    You dont even need a macro, a blind monkey could do it. 2 computers and an auto clicker derp derp derp

Guide opportunity maybe?

Forum Legend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

People think there all cool just because there on the leaderboards..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

It seems more and more people have been botting. A couple hours ago me and Dollo went into a Hidden Passage game and caught a player attacking nothing repeatably, farming unlimited gold for hours. Dollo is going to attempt to record him and post it up. These players are abusing the system. And btw, Slayiin is now at 63k kills...
    Last edited by Nihiliste; 04-10-2013 at 08:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=IojoTUC_Wqw

Holylightband farming gold in balefort hidden passage using bots. I lured him into the main entrance where there's nearly no enemies that spawn. In the video you can see him repeatedly shooting skills when there's nothing there. I have seen a number of players using bots to farm gold lately. If done over the course of several hours or even days, a person can make hundreds of thousands of gold that they didn't rightly earn.

I witnessed his actions over the course of several hours. Same result everytime I went to check on him. After hours, he finally responded to messages and chats, calling Boss and I noobs and idiots and claiming we have "noob jealousy" apparently because we don't use bots.

From a PVP perspective, devs may not lose money if people bot their way to leaderboards, so they may not have a reason to do anything about it. However, from a PVE perspective, someone who farms gold through botting and liquidating thousands of drops will use that gold to buy the most expensive pinks from CS. The more people who farm gold or even gain xp by botting, the less platinum that will be spent on elixirs such as Shamus in hopes of getting a good pink or Thrashers in hopes of achieving the highest level by playing normally.
    Last edited by Dolloway; 04-10-2013 at 09:49 PM.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post

Holylightband farming gold in balefort hidden passage using bots. I lured him into the main entrance where there's nearly no enemies that spawn. In the video you can see him repeatedly shooting skills when there's nothing there. I have seen a number of players using bots to farm gold lately. If done over the course of several hours or even days, a person can make hundreds of thousands of gold that they didn't rightly earn.

I witnessed his actions over the course of several hours. Same result everytime I went to check on him. After hours, he finally responded to messages and chats, calling Boss and I noobs and idiots and claiming we have "noob jealousy" apparently because we don't use bots.

From a PVP perspective, devs may not lose money if people bot their way to leaderboards, so they may not have a reason to do anything about it. However, from a PVE perspective, someone who farms gold through botting and liquidating thousands of drops will use that gold to buy the most expensive pinks from CS. The more people who farm gold or even gain xp by botting, the less platinum that will be spent on elixirs such as Shamus in hopes of getting a good pink or Thrashers in hopes of achieving the highest level by playing normally.
    You sir are very intelligent when it comes to STS's profits $$$ Really clever point, thanks Dollo.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post

Plz dont ban him his botness helped power level me

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

22. The Following User Says Thank You to razerfingers For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Let's just say, there are always people who ruin games by cheating/botting/auto clicking etc etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

Botting O_o
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.