Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is up with "rushing"???????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry What is up with "rushing"???????

OK first of all when I started to play this game I was excited for the PvP. But then I started to realize the horrible truth and the definition of this so called "rushing." And then you have to say "go" to start fighting. I mean seriously? This has got to be a joke. Is there any game out of the millions that uses this "rule"? What kind of deathmatch is this? What kind of PvP needs someone to be ready? AND PEOPLE GET MAD OVER THIS. Has anyone ever played a freakin game before. Do they not know what PvP is? I know that the main reason for this is so people don't farm beginners. However, you can't just change the whole gameplay because of people*being beginners. There is no game that does that. This has got to stop. From my understanding, there used to be no rushing rule. I think we should all go back to how PvP SHOULD be. I am suggesting someone make a "rushing" guild so we can make Star Legends how it was in the beginning. There that is my little speech. Please voice your opinion.
    Last edited by Justg; 04-11-2013 at 07:35 PM.
    This is a game. Don't flip out and stop taking it so seriously
    LvL 46 Commando, Lvl 45 Engineer, Lvl 20, 25 Op
    LvL 16, 21 Vamp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

lots of ragers, just go to ctf if u want ffa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by quanebo View Post
    lots of ragers, just go to ctf if u want ffa
    Yeah I know that but its also going to CTF. I see people saying go there now also. Plus rushing is giving a people a reason to farm noobs not prevent farming.
    LvL 16, 21 Vamp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ArkAngelz View Post
    Yeah I know that but its also going to CTF. I see people saying go there now also. Plus rushing is giving a people a reason to farm noobs not prevent farming.
    then make ur own game and wen someone comes tell em its ffa.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to quanebo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

then make ur own game and wen someone comes tell em its ffa.
    Yeah but then no one plays because they are so accustomed to the "rule." And then they will tell everyone that I'm a rusher and when I join other games everyone farms me and no one helps me cause apparently I'm a rusher.
    LvL 16, 21 Vamp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Yeah but then no one plays because they are so accustomed to the "rule." And then they will tell everyone that I'm a rusher and when I join other games everyone farms me and no one helps me cause apparently I'm a rusher.
    O.o if u say ffa before anyone gets murdered then u shouldn't be called a rusher lol..host locked games wit friends if nothing else

8. The Following User Says Thank You to quanebo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

O.o if u say ffa before anyone gets murdered then u shouldn't be called a rusher lol..host locked games wit friends if nothing else
    Yep okay. ._. But I just think its stupid how it isn't standard for PvP to be FFA. I mean even dark legends is FFA.
    LvL 16, 21 Vamp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Yep okay. ._. But I just think its stupid how it isn't standard for PvP to be FFA. I mean even dark legends is FFA.
    some people wanna show off there skills in 1 v 1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

The idea of "rushing" started off in PL, when PvP came to SL the idea came with it.

It's a thing that has been engraved into the community and the unwritten rules, so to speak, which I don't see changing ever. The main reason for this "rushing" thing is that people like to see just how good they are and try to improve. People like to be good, and like to know if they need improvement or not; which is how the idea of "go" or "duels" came into effect. There's also the reason of "protecting" the newbs in PvP, which I like to do. That's my favorite reason for these "duels", they'll have fun and they won't be picked on.

There are guilds that do FFA, like Free For All and PK, and there's also players who do FFA.

There really isn't a way to change this, but there is ways to avoid getting teamed after you "rush".

They are:
    - make your own game
    - play with your friends
    - play private matches
    - go to CTF

This isn't DL, it's SL and the two communities are very different. DL was FFA since day 1, since their maps are basically set up for that. You can't really compare the two since their communities are very different.

The standard isn't to not "rush", it's to play how you want to play. If people don't want FFA, then leave their game and make your own FFA game.

Bottom line is, there's nothing wrong with FFA. It's just the host's and the players in the game decision whether or not to do FFA, if they want to cool and if not that's cool too. There's really no reason to be getting mad at how people like to play the game, just make your own game and cool your jets.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to javier995 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by javier995 View Post
    The idea of "rushing" started off in PL, when PvP came to SL the idea came with it.

It's a thing that has been engraved into the community and the unwritten rules, so to speak, which I don't see changing ever. The main reason for this "rushing" thing is that people like to see just how good they are and try to improve. People like to be good, and like to know if they need improvement or not; which is how the idea of "go" or "duels" came into effect. There's also the reason of "protecting" the newbs in PvP, which I like to do. That's my favorite reason for these "duels", they'll have fun and they won't be picked on.

There are guilds that do FFA, like Free For All and PK, and there's also players who do FFA.

There really isn't a way to change this, but there is ways to avoid getting teamed after you "rush".

They are:
    - make your own game
    - play with your friends
    - play private matches
    - go to CTF

This isn't DL, it's SL and the two communities are very different. DL was FFA since day 1, since their maps are basically set up for that. You can't really compare the two since their communities are very different.

The standard isn't to not "rush", it's to play how you want to play. If people don't want FFA, then leave their game and make your own FFA game.

Bottom line is, there's nothing wrong with FFA. It's just the host's and the players in the game decision whether or not to do FFA, if they want to cool and if not that's cool too. There's really no reason to be getting mad at how people like to play the game, just make your own game and cool your jets.
    wut he said lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the info Javier I agree with you however I believe it isn't protecting the noobs. They get farmed once people realize they aren't good and since most of them don't know the "rules" they will rush at first. And by the time they realize they can't do that, they'll be already labeled as "rushers." You can't say you haven't seen this happen right?
    LvL 16, 21 Vamp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Thanks for the info Javier I agree with you however I believe it isn't protecting the noobs. They get farmed once people realize they aren't good and since most of them don't know the "rules" they will rush at first. And by the time they realize they can't do that, they'll be already labeled as "rushers." You can't say you haven't seen this happen right?
    ive seen this happen way to many times...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

I'm the best rusher in sl.

You'll know me alone in a guild.

Ps- no such thing as rushing.
    Lel. You Fanny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gison View Post
    I'm the best rusher in sl.

You'll know me alone in a guild.

Ps- no such thing as rushing.
    Hehe nice gison. And I'm totally with you on the no such thing as rushing part. Saw your previous thread on bringing back the original PvP. Hope you start it again xD
    LvL 16, 21 Vamp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

I haven't seem them being labeled as "rushers", I've just seen people "defend" against them when they do "rush". I don't really see anyone farm them for it, if they do I usually say something to either the farmer or the farmee. That usually stops the "rushing" and "farming".

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to javier995 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

I haven't seem them being labeled as "rushers", I've just seen people "defend" against them when they do "rush". I don't really see anyone farm them for it, if they do I usually say something to either the farmer or the farmee. That usually stops the "rushing" and "farming".
    Javi steals my words always

-Rik[Rittik]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yep because you're really good so people listen to you and they don't want to get on your bad side. I can't do that :/
    LvL 16, 21 Vamp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

If you wamt to play game where PvP is always ffa, go to PL. Everytime i join there someone is sitting on spawn and killing ppl who trys to respawn. Thats everytime. And if theres no actual spawn, then there are 3 higher level birds teaming everyone who joins. Thats why everytime i join to game i just kill everyone, because PL pvp is that. Then they say i rush, and i tell them PL has not such as 1v1 anymore. Its gone. But SL pvp is still fun because its mot automatically Ffa. You can 1v1 and try to kill every player of game. If someone rushes, we tell him rules and if hes not listening, just keep him dead. But in ctf its automatically FFA. Every time. If someone says in ctf room that "rusher! :-0" just be like this:
    Name:  Y0UJC.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  44.9 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by finnman View Post
    If you wamt to play game where PvP is always ffa, go to PL. Everytime i join there someone is sitting on spawn and killing ppl who trys to respawn. Thats everytime. And if theres no actual spawn, then there are 3 higher level birds teaming everyone who joins. Thats why everytime i join to game i just kill everyone, because PL pvp is that. Then they say i rush, and i tell them PL has not such as 1v1 anymore. Its gone. But SL pvp is still fun because its mot automatically Ffa. You can 1v1 and try to kill every player of game. If someone rushes, we tell him rules and if hes not listening, just keep him dead. But in ctf its automatically FFA. Every time. If someone says in ctf room that "rusher! :-0" just be like this:
    Name:  Y0UJC.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  44.9 KB
    LOL nice. Do you know what the rules are for AL?
    LvL 16, 21 Vamp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

LOL nice. Do you know what the rules are for AL?
    its ffa there.