Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: New content is hard

1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Default New content is hard

Hi everyone,

Now that the Battle for Nord has been out for a little under a day, I wanted to remind that the new content is going to feel pretty hard. We see this at every expansion. People rush to the end cap and then become frustrated that farming elites (or playing normal levels for that matter) isn't very easy.

People need to gear up.

People need to get to know how the zones play and the Boss strategies.

So yes, it will not be on farm mode yet. Please give it some time, thanks!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

That was helpful Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

thank you! working on it.
    .. RETIRED ..
    L31 PvE & L21 PvP
    ...Arcane Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Actually, I'm still level 28 and still didn't reach those places. I'm only in Stronghold town but didn't continue those next places. Why? Because I know I'll be killed easily bcoz of my level 26 gears and stats I need to level 31 first before entering those dungeons. Think first. ^_^
    ^ Battle Dragons IGN

Et tu, brute?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Greencrow For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greencrow View Post
    Actually, I'm still level 28 and still didn't reach those places. I'm only in Stronghold town but didn't continue those next places. Why? Because I know I'll be killed easily bcoz of my level 26 gears and stats I need to level 31 first before entering those dungeons. Think first. ^_^
    I didn't have any problems with l26 gear. Sure I died a couple times at the boss. But you need to figure out how to kill them. It's not just brute force button mashing.

I am not looking forward to killing them in elite though.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Normal mode felt like my best gears at 26 were junk. Leveled a bit and bought some better gear and still got roughed up and used many potions. I think I'll just level cap and casually play them! Not looking forward to getting swarmed by snaggletooths in elite.

I really miss the level 21 days of rushing rooks nest elite and taking down the boss in seconds
    Last edited by Zanpakuto; 04-20-2013 at 12:58 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Lmao there is snaggletooths? I guess you are right since there were Wrathjaws.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Can't say I agree, when KI came out I walked (solo) through normal mode (at lvl 21, with lvl 21 gear). Now I'm lvl 31, with some 31 gear (just crate stuff) and getting my arse handed to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    (or playing normal levels for that matter) isn't very easy.

People need to gear up.

Ah, I see...you just need to be cap with the new elite gears to do the NORMAL modes now!

Doesn't that sound just a tad bit idiotic? Informing individuals that they should lvl up- in order to play the content that does the lvl'ing...is odd to say the least.

It's not ELITES- these are the NORMAL maps 1 shotting from 10 meters beyond the red markers etc....

Why expect us to have the lvl 31 elite boss gear in order to lvl 27-30?

Tombs, tombs, tombs...then hauntlet to cap every expansion. Waiting 40min to find a couple peeps to join expansion maps 5 days after release is going to be the norm from now on. Check your metrics and notice a trend...why add content that you want peeps to avoid?
    Last edited by TourneAsunder; 04-20-2013 at 01:41 PM.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Proo haha i casually level to 30 in wt4 im getting my butt handed to me in those mobs as a lvl 22 almost 23 lmao. Rediculous! I want to somehow save up to get a mythic set for warrior and that dope hammer. Or buy the bundle for $20 again aha

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

I'll save judgement until I can get better gear at 30. I remember having to get to 25 before I could finish normal Cove without using an absurd amount of potions.

Yesterday I learned how to watch for Alpha Wolf's reflect and kill Frostir's ice/heal patches with Time Shift. Things got a little better after that. I think once the general playerbase learns the patterns, these bosses will be easy enough. At least on normal mode anyway haha.
    Airys <Average Joes>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yakiniku View Post
    I'll save judgement until I can get better gear at 30. I remember having to get to 25 before I could finish normal Cove without using an absurd amount of potions.

Yesterday I learned how to watch for Alpha Wolf's reflect and kill Frostir's ice/heal patches with Time Shift. Things got a little better after that. I think once the general playerbase learns the patterns, these bosses will be easy enough. At least on normal mode anyway haha.
    The bosses aren't THAT hard. Maybe a little rough for normal mode. The big problem is their red cone . It's bugged. Standing completely outside of the cones and I still get one shotted

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hi everyone,

Now that the Battle for Nord has been out for a little under a day, I wanted to remind that the new content is going to feel pretty hard. We see this at every expansion. People rush to the end cap and then become frustrated that farming elites (or playing normal levels for that matter) isn't very easy.

People need to gear up.

So yes, it will not be on farm mode yet. Please give it some time, thanks!
    On normal mode, every boss is harder than any elite boss I've come up against. And grimnr, well that boss takes a lot longer than 30 minutes just after you get to his last head. His health drops 1% every 10 minutes and then goes back up 2% after it drops. So either it's bugged or you've made it impossible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts

Yesterday I learned how to watch for Alpha Wolf's reflect and kill Frostir's ice/heal patches with Time Shift.
    I had fun learning about the reflecting shield I was getting wooped beucase it came up while clock with DoT was on.. now that was fun!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    The bosses aren't THAT hard. Maybe a little rough for normal mode. The big problem is their red cone . It's bugged. Standing completely outside of the cones and I still get one shotted
    You probably have good players around you. Plus, I remember you from KoI. You're a good player yourself.

I run with randoms a lot. Very few think about strategy in randoms lol. Most want faceroll and win, while wearing terrible gear I might add. But randoms are still fun because you meet cool people. So I continue to do it. No big deal to me honestly.

+1 on the bugged red zones. I was getting one shotted while standing clearly out if Frostir's aoe freeze skill range.
    Airys <Average Joes>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vesan View Post
    On normal mode, every boss is harder than any elite boss I've come up against. And grimnr, well that boss takes a lot longer than 30 minutes just after you get to his last head. His health drops 1% every 10 minutes and then goes back up 2% after it drops. So either it's bugged or you've made it impossible.
    Me and another 2 friends beat him, 1 hour or so, maybe less or more

Duh
    AL: Tweekzcoffee | PL: Thestupidness
    AL GUIDES | Arcane & Mythic Items With Pics | Allies | Chests

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    That is my concern as well...at 53 ping I didn't expect to be hit so far outside of a red that I never was in range of at any point of the fight. Something is amiss with the cone not displaying the correct area or attack radius.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

You probably have good players around you. Plus, I remember you from KoI. You're a good player yourself.

I run with randoms a lot. Very few think about strategy in randoms lol. Most want faceroll and win, while wearing terrible gear I might add. But randoms are still fun because you meet cool people. So I continue to do it. No big deal to me honestly.

+1 on the bugged red zones. I was getting one shotted while standing clearly out if Frostir's aoe freeze skill range.
    Oh... With pugs it would be near impossible. Even hauntlet is unbearable with pugs. Barely bearable with a good party.

Speaking of hauntlet, I know Sam mentioned before it was the same last season. It wasn't. I leveled both my warrior and sorcerer solely in hauntlet. Only in the very worst pug did it ever take over a minute to get through the first zone. On average, it took about 1:30 to clear the first two zones. And I'm talking level 21-25 with l21 gear.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Hauntlet is pretty ridiculous now. Last time I was there, a well balanced and well geared group of 26s finished in barely under 3:30. For a minute there, I thought we weren't going to get the token.

Ah well. Back to WT4. I'm a product of the older MMO generation, so I don't really mind the difficulty too much honestly.
    Airys <Average Joes>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

They added new content they actuly want people to play. Their goal is not to have people cap and farming within hours of release...