Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: New content is hard

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have noticed with the shortage of legendary(pink) drops the price of epics(blue) has gone up. I actually got 10k for a lvl30 epic ring in the CS today and have seen some epic gear going for much higher. Maybe this was intentional to tweak the economy? Prior to this, they were basically worthless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I just logged on to check on the stuff I put in the CS and noticed the extremely recent news update:

* Reduced Grimnr's defense buff in final phase of the fight.
    * Elite Kraken Isles now provides appropriate loot.
    * Fire bug will now provide immunity to Frostbite's ice patches!
    * Grimnr will no longer drop the Noble Helmet.
    * Season 3 banners now specify season 3 in the Roman numerals.
    * Bosses and minibosses in non-elite versions of the pre-Nordr content have had their stats brought back in range and sshouldn't be so difficult anymore.
    * Maneater and Frost Spider bosses should no longer rotate when they perform one of their heavy attacks (the ones with the red warning cones).
    * Fire Bug elixir no longer ticks down while in town. Previous purchasers will have their platinum refunded.

I ran a couple of old maps and indeed the bosses are back to normal. Hauntlet is still tough though, I wanted to get the Haunted title one day but that seems impossible now.

Well, thank you very much guys for returning the old bosses back to normal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

So... Now I am level 31 with pretty good level 31 equipment, and I don't feel any different than when I ran through it at level 27 with level 26 gear. At 26 cap I used to be able to help lower level people in Kraken maps, could stand my ground against Bloodhammer in skull cove most of the time, but now I still need a lot of help myself with Nordr bosses.

I really don't know what kind of smart strategy applies for Frostir and Grimnr, other than "You weaklings stand over there and do nothing for a bit". Grabbing aggro is suicide, even though I am a higher damage class. It's one hit valhalla there, especially once they go berserk (outside their huge red attack zone too, of course). Well, yay for being cannon fodder class, I guess.

Whenever someone asks me for help with Nordr, I will just tell them about this thread, and tell them to find skilled tanks or forget about it. AL must be filled with good warriors willing to assist newer players, if your "new content is hard" philosophy is to make any sense. If not, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone who levels to 23 with epic gear just quits in disappointment after trying Nordr. I wish you would explain how you play test these things, if you really do at all.
    Last edited by Asireuz; 04-24-2013 at 12:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Oh really? It doesn't seem THAT hard. Only the bosses do. It's easy for me :/
    Hey, I'm a lone wolf. A wolf who wants to be friends with you :3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Haven't played any AL since the new campaign came out until today, and it definitely surprised me. I'm fine with a challenge, but it was a little shocking how much the difficulty was raised pretty much overnight. I think it's just the suddenness of the change that's prompting many of the complaints. Even the hauntlet is suddenly way harder than it used to be. The average time it takes to complete pretty much doubled, it seems like. Wasn't expecting that. It seems like leveling is gonna take forever now.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Temarichan View Post
    Oh really? It doesn't seem THAT hard. Only the bosses do. It's easy for me :/
    True, the normal mobs are more like a minor nuisance between the spawn and the boss, once you get used to their way of attacking. But bosses are a major part of the map, even more so now they take up most of the time in a map.

I tried Grimnr again yesterday, and no other normal boss, not even elite bosses, ever gave me such trouble (except maybe elite skull cove, but there you have more room to run around). I was wrong when I talked about aggro, he pulls you in even when you haven't attacked him once. That hammer throw has the same range as my longest range skill, and he can use it all the time without any clue that it's coming, as far as I know. I was with 2 warriors with very high health and armour, and they got killed in 1 hit at times.

If anyone has a clue how to deal with him as a sorcerer, I would like to know. I can't even stay alive long enough to try what works and what doesn't.

McBain, the tombs haven't gotten harder at all, so you can level up there.
    Last edited by Asireuz; 04-25-2013 at 12:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

hmm im curious to know the strategy for mage too.

though i dont have any plan of doing elite grimnr again. lol

we were 2 mages and 2 warrior. nothing we mage could do except watch. our fireballs go awry the other way. if i face him up front so i could at least aim him he 1 hits me.

whew. i think mage are spectators here. i was lucky to find patient and forgiving warriors.

3x.cuz 1st time app juz quit. then 2nd time chrome quit. 3rd time we watched 1 warrior do everything lol. grimmr at 1 head just kept one hittimg everybody

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The new boss's are totaly unreasonable. this game is NO fun now. STS may just lose a good customer over this... from 2 games.

Heal potions cost to much to burn them off so much with lesser boss's in new lands let alone higher in. And thats with shield and heal... 1 hit kills isnt right. FIX IT!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Brochaz; 04-26-2013 at 06:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

1 hit kills in a game without rev... in a game with rev it's OK. Maybe they should add the rev skill? (like that's ever gonna happen, LOL)