Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Why is the DPS lower on the elite legendary hammer?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Question Why is the DPS lower on the elite legendary hammer?

Why is that the new elite legendary weapon is worse than its predecessor and those that come out from crates? i once rem dev says that a crate weapon might be good but will nv excel those elite weapon.

Lets see...

lvl31 Entomed Hammer of Fatality - 59.1 DPS

but a lvl26 abyssal Flamberge of warfare easily hit 63.6 DPS and a lvl31 storm sword of potency hit 72.2 DPS....

and mage new elite weapon is worse than the firesquid of last expansion and as for rogue weapon, mountain teeth, it barely matches those coming out of the crates.

Seriously STS, is this intended or are you guys going to fix this issue? it doesnt make sense to farm elite Nordr map if the drop isnt attractive at all given the 1 hit KO from Nordr bosses?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

"of fatality" ???
    idk but from what i noticed the best weapon any classw should get is "of pot/assault"

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Its way better, it gives high damage low dps.

No comparison to flamberge

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Yah it's pretty much what warrior weapons should be like. You'll make up the difference in damage with specials! That said, I'm not a fan of one hit deaths.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's like war nerf x pack. I play sorc too see sorc with gun needs another charge. With war I still use reg attack a lot its not so much charge skill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    .. RETIRED ..
    L31 PvE & L21 PvP
    ...Arcane Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

lol wat i wanna say is after a few expansion and yet the weapon stats can be so inconsistent. Weapons and armor are most sought after during a new expansion and they should all be most accurate rather than solving them after the update.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Natrich View Post
    Its way better, it gives high damage low dps.

No comparison to flamberge
    Yup agree with this. Hits much harder, it's just slower. I'm going to continue farming till I get one!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Entombed warfare31 i have and its amazing. It craps on all other war weps minus arcane. Damage over dps anytime your build is skill damage based.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Monstertongue View Post
    Why is that the new elite legendary weapon is worse than its predecessor and those that come out from crates? i once rem dev says that a crate weapon might be good but will nv excel those elite weapon.

Lets see...

lvl31 Entomed Hammer of Fatality - 59.1 DPS

but a lvl26 abyssal Flamberge of warfare easily hit 63.6 DPS and a lvl31 storm sword of potency hit 72.2 DPS....

and mage new elite weapon is worse than the firesquid of last expansion and as for rogue weapon, mountain teeth, it barely matches those coming out of the crates.

Seriously STS, is this intended or are you guys going to fix this issue? it doesnt make sense to farm elite Nordr map if the drop isnt attractive at all given the 1 hit KO from Nordr bosses?
    Fatality vs warfare ?
    ur comparing different items .... it should be warfare vs warfare or fatality vs fatality...... warfare and faculty have different base stats ... its like comparing apples to bananas ..... it doesn't work ....

11.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Looks like we need more explanations of DPS versus the Damage stat.

DPS is Damage Per Second. Weapons have a speed component that isn't displayed. In general, a slower weapon will have a lower DPS, but have a higher base damage. DPS comes into play when you are NOT using your abilities (spamming normal attacks).

The higher your Damage stat the harder your abilities will hit. If you use a lot of abilities, a high base damage is better than a high DPS.

Hammer weapons are by design, slow swinging, high Damage weapons. Because of this, they have a lower base DPS. Don't judge only on the DPS

I hope that helps!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

This also includes horn of renew. Gives a great boost to your healing!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

I feel pretty bad that more powerful weapons can only be achieved by elite, I think it's best if you could get elite chests (As in expansiond Dead City), I hope to give weapons as good as the depraved, that the new status have a look terrible and worse.

I hope to fix this, and not everything is the best of weapons from running elite and worth more than 2 Million each one.

Still hope the locket or the elite chests give better status more things that are not done copnseguibles runs in elite, well according to my opinion.

ING: Valkiryas - Alassien

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I got a Mountain Grinder of Potency lvl30 and noticed that the non-ability chargeup time is much longer than I was used to with my Abyssal Flamberge of Lethality lvl25.

With the MGP my damage increase is +118.9 and DPS increase is +81.1, whilst with the AFL my damage increase is +105.7 and DPS increase is +115.7

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

With all the guides/threads discussing this topic, why do others not still understand what Sam so nicely explained in detail? In all STS games: Damage > DPS. When selecting a weapon, always look for the one which improves your skills the most.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

In PL AL and DL pick weapon with most damage

In SL Dps is more important because opponets cant be one hit killed, skills have longer cooldown and stuff. Also in pvp there is ablot armor and dodge

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Dps is just eye candy for noobs :-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chaim Nail:1063265
    I got a Mountain Grinder of Potency lvl30 and noticed that the non-ability chargeup time is much longer than I was used to with my Abyssal Flamberge of Lethality lvl25.

With the MGP my damage increase is +118.9 and DPS increase is +81.1, whilst with the AFL my damage increase is +105.7 and DPS increase is +115.7
    This is comparing best sword at26 to plat pack at 30
    compare storm to entombed more relevant.
    War has three types weps
    1.sword n shield low.dmg highest def(weakest skills) fast att speed these are true tank with taunts n crys etc who rely on auto att for aggro and damage
    2.two handers mid range dam and.dps (mid skills) mid att speed most wars use these with horn venge and two att skills
    3.hammers high dmg low.dps (strong skills) slowest att speed these are for skill build damage tanks like myself. I use horn sky wind chest for mobbing and swap out wind for bossing with axe throw. With this.skill set i rarely even havebtime.to att between skills cooldowns on single target are 3 4 7
    so.mabye a swing or two most. I think the difference in skill damage surpasses the few swings im not taking with a faster wep. Also test yourself but the first swing after a skill is.same.speed with all weapons so att speed may only affectbcobsecutive.swings/swingcooldown?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Looks like we need more explanations of DPS versus the Damage stat.

DPS is Damage Per Second. Weapons have a speed component that isn't displayed. In general, a slower weapon will have a lower DPS, but have a higher base damage. DPS comes into play when you are NOT using your abilities (spamming normal attacks).

The higher your Damage stat the harder your abilities will hit. If you use a lot of abilities, a high base damage is better than a high DPS.

Hammer weapons are by design, slow swinging, high Damage weapons. Because of this, they have a lower base DPS. Don't judge only on the DPS

I hope that helps!
    Sam: Just curious, but why not show weapon stats as they do in PL where you see damage and speed instead of dps. It would be easier to understand that way. Also, as a mage who is also a merchant, there is no way for me to tell the damage of a rogue or warrior weapon since I can't see how it looks equipped. So I must instead ask friends for info on which weapons are good so I know what to merch.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Yep i doubt you can swing a huge hammer as fast as a light machete