Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: I don't think that exp elixirs are working correctly?

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #21
    Spacetime Studios Dev
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    210 Posts

The xp elixirs work, I just tested them again in all combinations. I asked design if the xp numbers were what they wanted.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make with the screenshots... you don't have any of the elixirs purchased in the first screenshot that are running in the second screenshot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lojack View Post
    The xp elixirs work, I just tested them again in all combinations. I asked design if the xp numbers were what they wanted.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make with the screenshots... you don't have any of the elixirs purchased in the first screenshot that are running in the second screenshot.
    EDIT: Picture below proves me right.
    Last edited by Mysticaleagle; 04-24-2013 at 11:48 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

There. Can you see now?

Believe me now that I spent hundreds of platinums on non-working elixirs, and been playing ALL day to get 10 kills and 10 experience because there is a huge problem?

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #24
    Spacetime Studios Dev
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    210 Posts

The elixirs in the HUD menu aren't the same as the combo elixir. You have the combo elixir running so of course you can buy the others, they stack.

You won't have the "glowing thingy" when running the combo elixir.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

The elixirs in the HUD menu aren't the same as the combo elixir. You have the combo elixir running so of course you can buy the others, they stack.

Well, before when you purchased the combo, you did have the blue thingy. Anyways, if they stack that's even worse.

60 Combo (60% EXP) + 7 Day (60% EXP) + Double EXP = Something like triple experience.

1 full haunted run with triple experience = 22 EXP gained with nearly 85 kills? (kills not even showing properly on my stats).

Please, Lojack, no more posts like this because I know what i'm talking about and I know what I saw. It still does it. There is a big problem somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

The day the expansion came out, I definitely could not stack the double xp elixir with the combo elixir. I was a bit frustrated when I bought the combo elixir and found out it wouldn't stack with the double xp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Haha luck is with you Myst

Aniscater (lv 31 sorcerer)------Anislayer (lv 25 rogue)------Valtterijr (lv 23 warrior)

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #28
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eversor View Post
    The day the expansion came out, I definitely could not stack the double xp elixir with the combo elixir. I was a bit frustrated when I bought the combo elixir and found out it wouldn't stack with the double xp.
    The change to the 15 minute xp elixir that went out with with the expansion on Thursday introduced some stacking wonkiness. This was corrected in the patch on Monday.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

LOL... Combo elix grants the blue glow beacon...

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaleagle View Post
    Well, before when you purchased the combo, you did have the blue thingy. Anyways, if they stack that's even worse.

60 Combo (60% EXP) + 7 Day (60% EXP) + Double EXP = Something like triple experience.

1 full haunted run with triple experience = 22 EXP gained with nearly 85 kills? (kills not even showing properly on my stats).

Please, Lojack, no more posts like this because I know what i'm talking about and I know what I saw. It still does it. There is a big problem somewhere.
    That sounds less like a stack issue and more like a 'Ooops, when we scaled it to 31 we completely messed up the XP for the lower levels and now they are getting tiny fractions." Perhaps they could look into that also?

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    That sounds less like a stack issue and more like a 'Ooops, when we scaled it to 31 we completely messed up the XP for the lower levels and now they are getting tiny fractions." Perhaps they could look into that also?
    Yes. :/

Lady_Pebbles

In group runs your exp is much higher than solo runs... I believe its their way of making players work better as a team despite the fact that there are players out there who don't want to rely on anyone else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

In group runs your exp is much higher than solo runs... I believe its their way of making players work better as a team despite the fact that there are players out there who don't want to rely on anyone else.

Previously said that even with all the EXP elixirs stacked and full group, a full haunted run gave me 26 experience.

@Lojack, Fluff is right. Please look into it!

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #34
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Ok Mystical, I'm not sure what your issue is. I'd ask that you please be more thorough in your documentation and less "sensational" with your posts. It would really help us if you are seeing a specific issue. Our QA team has played and doesn't see an issue with it. If anyone else wants to take some time to post their experience, we'd appreciate a different perspective. Given that we have thousands of players playing and few, if any, complaints in this vein, we're pretty confident that everything is working as expected.

I just took the time (playing on live) to load up a rogue at level 16. Here is my experience. I don't see anything amiss.

0/1600 exp Lvl 16 Rogue.
    Name:  1-lvl-16-rogue.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  38.7 KB

17/1600 exp Lvl 16 Rogue after 1 solo run of the Hauntlet, killing all mobs, no elixirs
    Name:  2-lvl-16-rogue-after-solo-run.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  38.0 KB

41/1600 exp Lvl 16 Rogue after turning in the Hauntlet quest (I had it in my quest book and just had to turn it in after seeing that golden question mark)
    Name:  3-lvl-16-rogue-after-quest-turn-in.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  37.4 KB

58/1600 exp Lvl 16 rogue after another run, this time with a 15 Sorc and a 16 Sorc. I am running on live and not controlling who can get in the run.
    Name:  4-lvl-16-rogue-after-run-with-2-mages.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  39.0 KB

Purchased the 2x 15 min elixir, 60 minute combo elixir and the 7 day exp elixir. Keep in mind that xp elixir effects are additive, not multiplicative.
    Name:  5-lvl-16-rogue-page-1-of-elixirs.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  67.0 KB

Name:  6-lvl-16-rogue-pg-2-of-elixirs.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  57.9 KB

100/1600 exp Lvl 16 Rogue after a run with a lvl 17 Warrior with all of the above elixirs running.
    Name:  7-lvl-16-rogue-run-with-17-warrior-with-elixirs.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  39.3 KB

Seems fine to me.

Please keep in mind that exp gives fractional points per kill. In general 1 kill does not equal 1 exp.

Also, for what it is worth, I found the Hauntlet a horrible leveling game play experience solo. I much prefer to fight a nice string of small groups or individual mobs when playing my rogue, rather than the hordes of health chugging groups that I get in the Hauntlet. IMHO, I'd rather play the normal zones than do solo Hauntlet runs. It was a lot more fun when grouped with the 2 Sorcerers, who were nicely crowd controlling and aoe nuking the mobs.
    Last edited by Samhayne; 04-24-2013 at 03:09 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Sam, so killing 80 mobs to receive 17 EXP seems ''fine'' to you? And having all elixirs together to have 10 more experience seems also ''fine'' to you? I know you're angry at me, but I keep my word on this one. If this is ''fine'' to you, what's the point of spending tons of platinums to receive few 10's experience more?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Sam, you just answered your own question! 17 experience for an entire run of the Hauntlet that used to be 100 exp at that level? Clearly something got messed up in the code when it was scaled for the higher level players.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

18. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Sam, you just answered your own question! 17 experience for an entire run of the Hauntlet that used to be 100 exp at that level? Clearly something got messed up in the code when it was scaled for the higher level players.
    Exactly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Maybe we should start a new thread, as the name was changed and it no longer reflects the actual issue. The EXP elixirs ARE working correctly, what is not working correctly is that the experience in the Hauntlet at level 16. The reason it appeared as though the elixirs were wrong was because the EXP is such a low fraction that the increase is negligible.

So, actual issue:
    Hauntlet is should be giving around 100 experience to a level 16 player that runs it, but is currently giving 17 experience. This is a bug.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

21.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #39
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Lets take one issue at a time, shall we?

First, it appears that elixirs are working correctly. There is a significant multiplier gained from using them.

Secondly, experience per run. I'm sorry but I don't have a benchmark number for that. Exp has always been fractional per kill. To go from 16 to 17 doing only Hauntlet runs at 17 xp per run is some 94 runs. If you're knocking those out in 3 minutes then 4.7 hours of grinding. If that's how you choose to play, then power to ya.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Lets take one issue at a time, shall we?

First, it appears that elixirs are working correctly. There is a significant multiplier gained from using them.

Secondly, experience per run. I'm sorry but I don't have a benchmark number for that. Exp has always been fractional per kill. To go from 16 to 17 doing only Hauntlet runs at 17 xp per run is some 94 runs. If you're knocking those out in 3 minutes then 4.7 hours of grinding. If that's how you choose to play, then power to ya.
    4.7 hours from 16 to 17? Excuse me, but that's NUTS. There is a bug there. Not normal to kill 80 mobs to get only 17 experience. So, kill 4 to 5 mobs for ONE experience point? Sam, lol?