Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Guild: The Respectable Bunch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up New Guild: The Respectable Bunch

Hi,

So I've been a PL player now for about 4 months or so and I've observed certain things that have made me want to quit playing from time to time. I'm an adult (21 and above) and I certainly believe this game was not targeted to only one age bracket, hence the reason we have such a diverse and culturally rich society. I have however been in conversations and played with players that appear to be immature in their ways evident by the insults they throw out at others, their in-game greed, trade scams etc.

As a result of this I would like to form a small guild/group made up of adults like myself that enjoy playing PL but would value a community that is supportive, honest, sharing, and fun loving. There is no main goal related to farming or trading but rather a safe haven for us to discuss game xters, gaming styles, offer tips, trade with fellow guild members, discuss updates, etc.

Please note that this is not intended to alienate the younger crowd but simply to give some of us working adults that enjoy the game a place to share, converse, and enjoy all that PL has to offer.

With that said, I have not set up any offices or ranks, and I don't know that we even need one yet until we discuss as a group to do so. Rather, I'll like to take this time to see if there are any others out there like me interested in partaking in this diaspora.

Since we require in game developments to truly make a guild work, I'll refer to this as a group in the mean time. There's no reason why we cannot socialize until the guild system is put in place.

If interested, please reply below or send me a PM. Once we have a decent number I will get us a forum to discuss all topics dear to us.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation and friendship!
    Teflon
    TeflonTank ~ Lvl 48 Tank | TeflonBird ~ Lvl 45 Archer | DrVoodoo ~ Lvl 45 Mage | TeflonWizard ~ Lvl 50 INTBear | TeflonSniper ~ Lvl 48 DEXBear | TeflonHobbit ~ Lvl 47 DEXMage | MrVooDoo ~ Lvl 35 INTBirdie | Pink Market Here
    "Your words give great insight into who you are"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

let me join. does this guild also do ao3 runs? really need a specific farming team and not join random noobs who don't know what they are doing and die.
    Goodbye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool. Thanks for the reply Raxie. I have you down on my list. Hopefully we can find other like minded folks. And yes, AO3 runs are certainly in the mix in addition to other activities.
    TeflonTank ~ Lvl 48 Tank | TeflonBird ~ Lvl 45 Archer | DrVoodoo ~ Lvl 45 Mage | TeflonWizard ~ Lvl 50 INTBear | TeflonSniper ~ Lvl 48 DEXBear | TeflonHobbit ~ Lvl 47 DEXMage | MrVooDoo ~ Lvl 35 INTBirdie | Pink Market Here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am interested as well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey guys I'm interested but I'm only 13 and am NOT a immature little brat
    Tore - Sorcerer
    Platinum - Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Put me down, too--Yosinabe, my tank-bear as well once I get him up over level 40. And Tore would be a good addition--he's (she's? Sorry, I don't know which one's right!) got a level head from his/her/their posts on the forum. I've run into a lot of kids playing the game who are a lot more mature than some of the "adults" I've met playing. Oy.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lol thanks and in a guy, the name toré is Italian and is pronounced torE
    Tore - Sorcerer
    Platinum - Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tore7778 View Post
    Lol thanks and in a guy, the name toré is Italian and is pronounced torE
    Ah! Thank you! I'll remember that from now on. It's really hard to tell a male from a female elf/bird/bear.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey Teflon, o would like to join too, if possible.
    [FONT=garamond]I like Bears. Be jealous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks to you all for your replies. I have collected the names above and will contact each applicant for a quick discussion. Again thanks for your replies and we look forward to getting to know you.

Kind Regards,
    Teflon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi!

I would like to join. I'm 36, a litle big older, and I have a lvl 48 Mage. My IGN is Ragnitos.
    I'm from Barcelona, btw.

See ya.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you wouldn't mind, put my name down as well. I'm 17 but I don't want to sound egotistical by saying I'm mature. I would like to think that I am though.

I want to join because I'm tired of joining parties and being kicked because I got a better drop than someone else. And the fact that I like playing but I enjoy when I can find a good party to talk & laugh with through the dungeons. It makes the game much more fun.

Anyways, I'm level 46. I got 1 Thoth & 1 Isis equip so I'm not dependent on pots. I've never had the chance to play any AO3 runs because no one ever joins when I host a lobby for it. But I do know the game pretty well already, how to play a birdie properly, general party rules & support, and I'm a pretty quick learner.

My IGN: MurdocX

I'm usually on from 3:00PM or later daily (U.S.A & I'm in Mountain Time Zone).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks again to all interested applicants. I have collected your names as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey Teflon,

I believe you met my favorite character, MrBowBear, in game some time ago. I am quite interested in joining your guild. If you want me to, I can see about starting our own website, though I cannot guarantee anything.

-Icey

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not sure if I could join...I joined about 2 minutes ago lol But I would love a guild with a laid-back crowd that's my age.

My game name is Kataklyzma
    Last edited by antigravityazn06; 10-19-2010 at 11:28 AM. Reason: adding name

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks again to all interested parties. Just to let you know I have collected the new applicants above. We should be able to begin the quick interviewing process soon (only to make sure the applicants share the same goals).

IceyDeadPplz, thanks for the offer of help. I am currently working on an external forum for us but I am always open to new ideas, a different path, or assistance.

Thanks again for your co-operation, interest and future assistance.
    Regards,
    Teflon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I too would be highly interested in this guild. I'm normally not a guild person, but this group of people does interest me. I like to play PL for the fun of playing, not to grind XP or farm items. I like the gameplay and the story. I have been known to just freely give a pink to another player during AO runs if the pink I got wasn't applicable to my character and I see someone who could benefit from it.

I am not trying to accrue wealth, items, or rare drops. I'm trying to have fun. Power levelling other characters interests me if they're friendly and worthy of assistance.

Now....with me it's not all peaches and cream either. I have booted people for leeching and farming. I call people out on rude behavior and I'm not going to tell you that I'm nice to everyone. I'm nice to nice people and I don't care for rude selfish jerks. I will not spare them that feedback either. There's a very positive side to me and a very ugly side if provoked. You would be able to count on me to provide the straight dope good or bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks Shadywack. Data collected. Will contact you and others once the process starts. Thanks for the interest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
    Thanks Shadywack. Data collected. Will contact you and others once the process starts. Thanks for the interest.
    If you need help with setting up forums or a website I can help. I've been a website administrator for 4 years. I know everything from firewalls, to C-Panel, SQL, back ups, etc. Also, a good friend of mine does hosting and he charges super cheap, within the budget of a 12 year old to be honest lol.

If you need help with anything feel free to PM me, i'd be glad to help in any way possible.
    Last edited by MurdocX; 10-19-2010 at 04:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LIGHTNINGLORD67
    Actually headshot gives 75 xp...

...IN MODERN COMBAT 2 BLACK PEGASUS LOL!!!!!!
    IGN: MurdocX

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Type me down on your list too! I'm interested.
    I'm like in between. 18 years old. Still In the teens
    [CENTER]Įgń:
    Ëłįptįč
    Twëëńk
    Gone, but (hopefully) never forgotten