Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Rangers Shouldn't Use Bows/Crossbows

The Land Of Trolls. Graduated Medic from The Land Of Trolls.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gragorak View Post
    How foxes would suddenly become op if they got one handed weapons with crappy damage? And talons are pretty much daggers with range btw, but still and foxes are not op.
    Well, technically I'm at a loss on how to explain that. Just a feeling that had dual blades or daggers made their way to the current level of Endgame PvP, Foxes would be next to OP besides birds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

I say foxes are good with a bow or daggers/dual wields. If a fox has a bow, its like a bear with a bow in the sense that (at least i do this) that a bear gets close to use up close skills and once there on charge move back and kite. In this way a fox is more versatile to do that as the skills for fox are quicker to get in and out of a close range situation. Also foxes evade skill provides a armor buff which can help.
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

3. The Following User Says Thank You to xcainnblecterx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yea man you right but bows get a lot of damage i also do it in pvp and got 17 kills on my fox with bow

a cardboard box within a cardboard box inside vyxnaars cardboard box body (he's a pinata)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

If the devs wouldve made new dual and dagger weapons for the fox class, then we'd probably see more foxes using dag/duals. I have 2 lvl 50 foxes and in the time i spent lvling each of them, I rarely saw any daggers or duals drop. I've been playing pl for about 2 years now and have not seen any good daggers worth mentioning. Pink daggers are almost none existant. The ones available in pl are ok but it might've been nice to get some new ones. Especially dual weilds. The only pink duals that drop first woukd be the ones in the shadow caves(correct me if i'm wrong cause i haven't seen any pink duals that drop before that besides the trash ones) maybe its time for new weapons. I personally would love to have a fox with dual or daggers that have better stats and cool looks. We've been using the same weps for a long time sts. I think it's about time for some new ones.Not like the forgotten weps -__- we don't need any more crazy stat weps destroying pvp. We need weps and armor to give our foxes a unique look and play style instead of being like a kiting bear or squishy dex bird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm a level 69 Fox and I must say, it really isn't that great. You always need someone there to heal you or take all the aggro off of you. It's a real pain in the butt to play, but being a Fox has its moments. I have a level 50 mage and it is considerably easier and more enjoyable to play as a mage. The two new classes were just sort of thrown in. If you're looking for a good time, go with made, archer, or warrior. I do love this guy but nothing seems to be specialized for him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I agree. I changed my main to a Mage a while ago and so now I'm a lv 65 Mage who owns a guild with over 100 members. It's great to be a class that specializes in something!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx View Post
    I say foxes are good with a bow or daggers/dual wields. If a fox has a bow, its like a bear with a bow in the sense that (at least i do this) that a bear gets close to use up close skills and once there on charge move back and kite. In this way a fox is more versatile to do that as the skills for fox are quicker to get in and out of a close range situation. Also foxes evade skill provides a armor buff which can help.
    Totally agree with this. I own a fox and a ranger with a bow is like a dex bear in the sense of what you said. And outcastranger, you may want to try a bow, you may enjoy it more than you know!!

Peanut xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Rangers really shouldn't use bows and crossbows.They should remove thier right to use them.a
    How do i make a signiture

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Two words: Hog and Wash.

If you don't like to use bow as a ranger, fine. I've seen plenty more rangers using knives or twin knives than bows, but I'm a bow-person for a variety of reasons.

1. The bow is more effective from long range - I can open gold chests faster with my arbalest (crossbow) than just about anyone else and I can hit and hurt from a distance. I don't usually do that b/c I'm kind of stupid in combat and dive right in.

2. I've tried a wide variety of knives and the puny little shields they let us carry (I have not ventured in releveling my STR/INT/DEX yet, so I might change to a knife/sword/whatever)

3. I can kill a lot of small critter before they ever get to me. That said, rangers are not ideal as you probably already know agaist big, heavy duty monsters. My best friend is a mage. and an angel she is.

4. I can add a counterpoint to a lot of attacks (I'm gonna post a question on ideal team composition in a bit). Would YOU include a fox on your ideal team? Running around shooting and hurting big things is a huge plus for ranger class, IMO.

5. One of the best things any bow-shooter can do is draw targets out when a room is too tough to just wade into. So, be friendly to birds and foxes carrying bows.

6. The MAIN reason I use a Roper's Elegant Arbalest (a bargain and the best bow up to lvl 65 and carefully I've looked over a LOT of weapons). Think it's an orange weapon! Offers 10 armor, 137-141 damage, 0.6 speed, 10 dex, 4% hit, 1 H/s, 1 M/s and 364 DPS. Planning on a pink when I UL 1 more but this baby has been with me thru 7 levels!

The main reason, I say, is b/c I play using a keyboard and mousepad, cuz it's what I got. With that I use my left hand for the w/a/s/d movement (plus q and e for rotation), plus amping up red/blue potions with my right hand it's awkward to move, so I tend to plant and shoot. If I had a sword, I'd have to do more dancing that is easy for me with my setup.

There ya got my not-so-humble foxy opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Or PL devs. could give us better shields. Ones requiring hi dex and good protection at the same time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

56 glyph mace set fox is pretty good

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

How Ever This Is Very True But Sts Kinda Broke Rangers Because Now In 100 Pvp We Goota USe THose UGh The dps is trash YEt I still Some How Manage