Thread: Ctf reward system 3 in 1

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Default Ctf reward system 3 in 1

First of all, I know many of us still waiting for a ctf reward (like me) until now no further updates or just an announcement for CTF REWARD. I don't know if sts will truly make on ctf reward system.

So here's my suggestionS:

FIRST SUGGESTION
    Reward Points: Came up from the idea of token, and hauntlet coin... I'll call this "CTF TOKEN"
    WINNING TEAM will receive : 2 CTF TOKEN
    LOSING TEAM will receive: 1 CTF TOKEN

CTF NPC REPRESENTATIVE - This npc will allow you to buy items using your ctf token
    50 HEALTH POTION - 50 CTF TOKEN (To give way to those people doesn't have gold to bought in npc representatives)
    GRAND CRATE KEY - 1000 CTF TOKEN (To give hope on other people who are keeping there plat for more reasonable items)
    2 PLATS - 2000 CTF TOKEN (Why 2000 CTF TOKEN for just 2 plats? Answer: So it will not ruin STS Profit on purchasing Platinum, but still i have a doubt in it cause i know some people can reach those with a good team)(so ill say this will become optional)
    PROBABLY PET - ??? CTF TOKEN
    ETC....................

I know this suggestion is kinda hard to think that this will happen in future updates, but i have hope that this ctf reward system will possible to be added but not the ctf npc representative optional items.

SECOND SUGGESTION i want to add that is THE TEAM BALANCE which many people are already making this suggestion yet no answer like 2 WARRIORS, 2 MAGE 1 ROGUE etc my suggestion here is make 2 person per class will represent one team.
    2 WARRIORS, 2 MAGE, 1 ROGUE
    2 WARRIORS, 2 ROGUE, 1 MAGE
    1 WARRIOR, 2 MAGE, 2 ROGUE
    Cause if CTF REWARD SYSTEM HAPPENS You know what will happen when 5 warriors on other team.

THIRD SUGGESTION
    BATTLE WILL START WHEN BOTH TEAM HAVE 3 PLAYERS which is happening now. And I know sometimes its kinda annoying 5 vs 1? 5 vs 2? spamming kills on spawn area while others will take the flag?.
    AGAIN my First Suggestion CTF REWARD SYSTEM is not good on this. Why? Think about what will happen when those kind of event occurs on a middle of team battle wait.. wait.. not team battle but a massacre on an 1 character xD

So here's my last suggestion:
    3 VS 3 will start
    2 VS 3 or 3 VS 2 game still running
    3 VS 1 or 1 VS 3 game will stop.. HOW? All people will automatically respawn back to there own based until each team will have 3 players again POINTS on each team will not restart.
    Question: So how about 5 vs 3? still game will stop.
    How will start again? this is the numbers im thinking to start the game

LEGEND
    * - ALTERNATE
    3 VS 3 / 2 VS 3 */ 4 VS 3 * / 5 VS 5 / 3 VS 4*

So there's my suggestion guys.. Im pointing out here that i want to make CTF A CTF TEAM BATTLE not ONE ON ONE OR A MASSACRE ON A LOSING TEAM ENJOYING FRESH KILLS EVERY RESPAWN

HOPEFULLY DEVELOPER OR ANY ADMINS ANSWER OR MAKE A FEEDBACK ON THIS ( its kinda hard to think this come on xD LOL)
    Comments , More Suggestions & Violent reaction are accepted LOL

But seriously guys its time to make ctf a team battle not the other one we used to be. Cause its kinda annoying almost all people telling ROGUES ARE TO OP I CANT KILL HIM 1 VS 1 BECAUSE OF HIS MEDIC PACK ETC, MAGE ARE TOO WEAK NOW BECAUSE WE ARE EASY TO KILL, WARRIORS INVULNERABILITY ARE TO OP MAKE IT 1 SECONDS and moreeeeeeeeeeee. I know some people stating this i repeat "SOME" not all because they so much eagerness to kill a rogue, warrior, sorcerers. But i have experience mages doesn't react when theyre on a good team battle. i noticed that many times.
    Hopefully this thread will not die cause i know to myself its a good suggestion.

-Skydagger
    Last edited by SkyDagger; 04-30-2013 at 11:09 AM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SkyDagger For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Thanked.

1> Why would loosing team gain a token? Because in my opinion if loosing team didn't it would be way more competitive giving you the feeling.. only 1 can win.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cremated View Post
    Thanked.

1> Why would loosing team gain a token? Because in my opinion if loosing team didn't it would be way more competitive giving you the feeling.. only 1 can win.
    on your question. im thinking on that too, but still theres a lots of effort to defend or attack the based and get the flag to bring it to your based

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

+1 on this we really need ctf reward system >.>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

1. PvP reward is pointless if people can farm it. If you think about rewards as kills, so easy to farm. PvP'ers almost know each other and there are many Flaggers running around to end the game.

2. I like the idea but many, including me, gets more pvp fun by teaming up with friends.
    I guess if StS would implement your suggestion I would suggest to make another "pvp room". Separating autoteam balance with the current.

3. this has similarity with others suggestion of how PvP should start. At the current when Im wih friends and theres no one at the other side, i rejoin 3x so the game could start and we go flagging. this
    *Closing game* suggestion is good.

(_________((___Line_Separator_____________________ _____(#

Overall its a Good suggestion

If StS makes another room
    an "autoteam balance " room and only that room can give rewards. Clearly making random people fight each other and could possibly prevent farming rewards.

- would also think of disabling "join" botton from friends. instead use a portal to enter. which also lowers more the possiblity to team up with friends.
    Last edited by Cero; 05-01-2013 at 06:21 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero View Post
    1. PvP reward is pointless if people can farm it. If you think about rewards as kills, so easy to farm. PvP'ers almost know each other and there are many Flaggers running around to end the game.

2. I like the idea but many, including me, gets more pvp fun by teaming up with friends.
    I guess if StS would implement your suggestion I would suggest to make another "pvp room". Separating autoteam balance with the current.

3. this has similarity with others suggestion of how PvP should start. At the current when Im wih friends and theres no one at the other side, i rejoin 3x so the game could start and we go flagging. this
    *Closing game* suggestion is good.

(_________((___Line_Separator_____________________ _____(#

Overall its a Good suggestion

If StS makes another room
    an "autoteam balance " room and only that room can give rewards. Clearly making random people fight each other and could possibly prevent farming rewards.

- would also think of disabling "join" botton from friends. instead use a portal to enter. which also lowers more the possiblity to team up with friends.
    For the no.1 .. i dont think rewards = kills, but a winning team means first team who gets 5 flag will win the CTF Reward token based on what i suggest 2 ctf token for winning team 1 for losing team. and i know flaggers will be stop cause team will defend there flag area or attack the flag base of opposing team.
    For no.2 yep its fun doing with friends but yet think about if its fun when all on opposing team are all warriors :/ surely they win the team battle easy to get 5 flags protecting each other with heal + invulnerability. thats why i ask like that on my second suggestion
    For no.3 well the game will take too long but it will stop soloing flag and easy to farm CTF Reward token.

Anyways thanks for the feedback cero

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I like the idea but this could be another possible abuse for farming tokens.
    This reminds me of Ragnarok Online's Battleground System.

My IGN: Marshi (Mage), Xhu (Warrior) | Click here to see my signature artworks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cremated View Post
    Because of all the times when you join a game, and your "team mates" find that they are being overwhelmed and bail, leaving you 2v5. There should be some incentive to finish games.

Usually, I try to rebalance teams by jumping to whichever side is undermanned, or announcing that I will sit it out until a new player joins (like when it is 5v3), but there are so many games when the other team just quits and the game just ends.

@Sky - I love the concept of CTF rewards. I've been a big supporter of the Grand Crate Key as a sellable item for a while now.

Perhaps there should be some system where if you kill an opponent when you are 1v5, then that kill has a greater value than when you get a kill 5v1. Flags should also count significantly more than kills because you can only grab 5 of them (or 9 if you jump teams) and you usually don't get many kills when you are flagging.

Maybe a points based system where kills are based on a ratio of Red vs Blue team members, so the 1v5 kill = 5 points, the 5v1 kill = 0.2 points and a 5v5 kill = 1 point. Flags = 10 points and a Grand Crate Key costs 1,000 points (100 flags or ~1,000 kills).

Obviously, this system would be ripe for kill farmers and their multitude of alts and other supporters, so the system has to be rigged so that if it is determined that one person is receiving >65% of the points, then it would appear fraudulent, and the reward will be cancelled.

Another cool thing to do would be to do 1v1 (or team vs. team) wagering using points. So if I have 3K points and someone else had 2K points, they could issue a 1v1 challenge for 2K points and I have the option to accept the 2K point challenge. The winner of a best of 5 challenge wins the point loot. With a point based challenge system, I can easily see guild based challenges for BIG TIME points!

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Thanks for the feedbacks guys. but yes. there are so many PRO and CONS on my suggestion :/

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Bumping this so others can see and what will they're opinion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

If the game was allowed to stop, wouldn't some trolls rage and quit just to annoy the other team?

Not sure but this would be a nice idea to pvp

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Love these ideas, very, very nice. I'll overlook that necro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

A couple of questions:

1) If a player leaves before the end of the game, does he get a token?

2) If a player joins the game after it begins, does he get a token? What if he joins 3 seconds before the game ends? Or maybe he joined 3 seconds after the game began.

It's hard to give out rewards for these things because players are always joining and leaving.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Good idea,

But probably will never happen.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    If the game was allowed to stop, wouldn't some trolls rage and quit just to annoy the other team?

Not sure but this would be a nice idea to pvp
    yeah probably, but it is the only way to stop farming CTF Tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    A couple of questions:

1) If a player leaves before the end of the game, does he get a token?

2) If a player joins the game after it begins, does he get a token? What if he joins 3 seconds before the game ends? Or maybe he joined 3 seconds after the game began.

It's hard to give out rewards for these things because players are always joining and leaving.
    1. Nope, and the game doesn't end depending of how many players both team.

2. The answer for your number 2 question is on my 3rd suggestion. And it is still depends how many players on both game if he/she joins on a match 3vs1 so = 3vs2 the game will start again but then. 3vs2 and another come join so it will become 3vs3 as u said 3 seconds before a opponent or your join team make to your flag base then he/she got token. Although it has a small chance to happen like this.

Overall thats why ive said that there are many PRO & CONS on my suggestion
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    Love these ideas, very, very nice. I'll overlook that necro
    Thank Al

Quote Originally Posted by hotpimp View Post
    Good idea,

But probably will never happen.
    yeah, but i have still hope that ctf reward will happen on future, maybe it happens but not like my suggestion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

A great Idea....
    If implemeted .. people won't leave pvp match in between...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Linkincena View Post
    A great Idea....
    If implemeted .. people won't leave pvp match in between...
    well.. lets hope so XD