Thread: Scamming in DL and STS Policy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Exclamation Scamming in DL and STS Policy

I'm creating this thread so that players can discuss the scamming situation in general and someone from STS can let us know what their policy is regarding these events. Please DO NOT list scammers or complain about how you got scammed, that is not the purpose of this thread.

I don't know what how it works in other STS games, but the reason I am posting this is because in DL I've noticed cases of known scammers (and by known I mean they have scammed many people and have a general reputation in the game community of being scammers) that have never been banned. I am wondering, and perhaps my question interests other players as well, what is the STS policy in banning scammers? Generally I would think that if the same character has been reported several times of scamming by different people then STS would look into the events in question through whatever trading logs are kept on their side and act by banning the scammer, since he/she is in the business of ruining other people's gaming experience.

I realize there might be technical difficulties, such as different devices, different characters, IPs, etc. Maybe STS keeps no trading logs so without screenshots it would be impossible to determine what happened. Even if a character is banned, a scammer can easily create another, so it would be hard to keep up. Nevertheless, I really would like a response from STS on this.

I know and agree with the thought that scammers should get a life and those who got scammed should get a brain. However it seems that even though scamming is widespread in the game as a known fact, there are always those young enough or naive enough to fall prey to scammers. It is just annoying to see the same scamming characters still running around in the game flashing their stolen gear and attempting the same thing over and over again. It just seems to me that STS doesn't do as much about it as it could. But as I said maybe I'm unaware of some factors so I'd like their input in this.

In any case, I'll repeat it here since it seems it needs to be constantly repeated:

Never attempt any trades outside the trade window. Make sure everything you want to receive for the item you are trading is given to you in the same trading session. Don't agree to perform more than one trading sessions for any reasons. Don't fall for excuses like "It's on my other character, my inventory is full, I don't have it on me now I'll give you later" etc. Don't give ANYTHING with the hope of getting it or more items back. You won't. Even when you use the trade window double check you're getting what you agreed on BEFORE clicking the SECOND confirm button.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anyanka For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

They used to be more vigilant and ban ppl more often. Not so much these days I think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Bump! Still asking STS for an official answer!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I think STS needs to hire more Mods, In-game patrols and Forum responders.

This way they could improve and make the whole STS games better.

Dark Legend has LESS mods and patrols to cease those scammers,
    which is outgrowing like a virus these days.

I would be glad to do this kinds of activity with no profit, only if they authorize (permit) it.
    Of-course, with a monitoring.

Call 1-800-CRIMSON-PACK for Blood Re-fill, Re-stock and any blood support.
    DL IGN : Vladhaund | AL IGN : Nacholiibre | SL IGN : Xvd