Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Top Guilds Listing

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #61
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lok View Post
    Thanks H2N for your prompt reply.

For better guild organization, would you mind if I send you a PM in forum to ask for my guild size, and then can you please help to check for us? I believe that you don't have to scroll down the list and count by hand, right?
    We'll look into modifying the guild UI to display the number of members in the guild.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by H2N View Post
    We'll look into modifying the guild UI to display the number of members in the guild.
    This helps a lot! Thank you so much.

It will be also of great help if you can add a Guild Ignore List, so that once GM put a name into it, the ignored player can never be invited to the guild. I suggest this because there are more and more scammers coming out recently, and we can't inform every recruiter not to invite those players. Just a suggestion

Thanks again.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lok For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

H2n since time and elite times are big contributor to guilds any way to include that? % of guildies with time records? Also how often do u plan on updating this. You mentioned earlier u wanted balance of game play vs activity.. waa thinking activity instead of just 5 categories of days...include, money spent in game, money spent /members (shows activity in game), hours spent in game, hours spent / members (don't know if u have stat for that)
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by H2N:1089095
    Quote Originally Posted by Lok View Post
    Thanks so much for the ranking. It is the pleasure for Chivalrous Union to stand on the 4th place. We will work hard to keep climbing up.

I agree with most od the categories, but I have a doubt on the Average Account Age. Do you think that this will discourage us to recruit mates who joined the game lately?

Besides, it wil be of great help if you can list out the guikd size as well. You know, it's a disaster for us to count the number of members by scrolling down the guild list and count by hand.

Thanks again. And our congratulations to all the guilds that have been included in the list. Statistics can reflect factual data, but the BEST guild in one's mind may be the guild that you enjoy staying for your whole game life, not necessarily due to their ranking.
    Average Account Age is just 1 of 13 categories. If the candidate can positively contribute to the guild in the other 12 categories, that's a net positive.

As for not including the actual guild size in the listing, we decided pretty early on that revealing that information would be too divisive, and we wanted to judge the quality of a guild on other factors rather than just the raw number of guild members.
    Considering guild numbers do play a factor to the equations. It would not hurt but show people. More members and bad stats leads to a lower ranking as you responded to a early post. This way people can evaluate for themselves who is truly a better guild. Why only have a few stats..when a large contribution involves all members 15+..not ones that been active only for a month.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post
    H2n since time and elite times are big contributor to guilds any way to include that? % of guildies with time records? Also how often do u plan on updating this. You mentioned earlier u wanted balance of game play vs activity.. waa thinking activity instead of just 5 categories of days...include, money spent in game, money spent /members (shows activity in game), hours spent in game, hours spent / members (don't know if u have stat for that)
    You will be on very top if money spent is going to be counted. Hehe

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #66
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts

We plan on updating the list weekly. As always, subject to change/cancellation, but we're currently looking at running the report every Wednesday, 12PM Central Local Time.

Using a direct form of wealth (i.e. gold/plat/money) as a ranking criteria would be too divisive. Hours spent in game would be tricky, as people would just stay logged in 24/7, without actually "meaningfully" playing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Go go! Darksiders
    Hey, I'm a lone wolf. A wolf who wants to be friends with you :3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

We plan on updating the list weekly. As always, subject to change/cancellation, but we're currently looking at running the report every Wednesday, 12PM Central Local Time.

Using a direct form of wealth (i.e. gold/plat/money) as a ranking criteria would be too divisive. Hours spent in game would be tricky, as people would just stay logged in 24/7, without actually "meaningfully" playing.
    True that could be manipulated. ..but I would like to see overall guild member number, maybe give that a ranking as well so larger guilds like cu or rom could get credit for smount of people(over lvl 15 only)
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

True that could be manipulated. ..but I would like to see overall guild member number, maybe give that a ranking as well so larger guilds like cu or rom could get credit for smount of people(over lvl 15 only)
    I just want to know our guild size My head will be spinning if I scroll down the list.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Thank you ... An honor for us to enter top ranking guild .. we actually did not expect to go in the top row of the guild ... because we gamers from Indonesia play just as a hobby .. but we are grateful and be your biggest achievement .. thank you for making the game ...

Our Best Regards ... Families Republic of Indonesia
    REPUBLIC OF INDONESIA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Average Account Age is just 1 of 13 categories. If the candidate can positively contribute to the guild in the other 12 categories, that's a net positive.

As for not including the actual guild size in the listing, we decided pretty early on that revealing that information would be too divisive, and we wanted to judge the quality of a guild on other factors rather than just the raw number of guild members.
    I've often wondered why the app cannot give a total of the number of players listed on your different lists in the social tab. For example, you should be able to see how many friends you have on your friends list, and also how many are on your guild list. Perhaps even how many are signed on as well. So it could say (37/250) meaning that there are 250 members in the guild and 37 are currently online.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I've often wondered why the app cannot give a total of the number of players listed on your different lists in the social tab. For example, you should be able to see how many friends you have on your friends list, and also how many are on your guild list. Perhaps even how many are signed on as well. So it could say (37/250) meaning that there are 250 members in the guild and 37 are currently online.
    I second that as well, I also wish u could see members stats as a gm, when they last logged on, stats, etc

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

H2n, awesome rankings thanks just suggestion to make it more fair and more accurate..way too many catergories for active members, was easily skewed by creating new guild so old retired members aren't counted I thi k 7d 30 d is enough, not 1d for example we are ahead of eos in every single gameplay category, everysingle one, but because they created new guild they are 100% active in several categories which kind of skews results...but thanks for ranking grats to dm,..this os firsr time deal so im sure feedback wo uld be appreciated. ..you have 2 categories for pve, 2 for ctf kills, 2 for ctf flags, but 5 for active members....that weighs heavily on that category, should be 2 like every other category...also why not achv/m ? % of members on lb? Huge grats to dm, they did it legit...
    Perhaps this means active guilds need to do a better job pruning their inactive members to keep the guild active and healthy. I'm in eos and the reason for the new guild is because EOE and silentkillz merged into one new guild not long ago. This goes along with the suggestion of keeping the guild fresh.

16.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #74
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Good idea on the 37/250 display. We'll look into also displaying the number of guild members who are currently online.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to H2N For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

The top guild listing is very informative.

I'm not sure if this is okay but I came up with this page that sorts out guilds by category. Hope you'll like it.
    Here is the link http://podcrew.com/al-topguilds/

My IGN: Marshi (Mage), Xhu (Warrior) | Click here to see my signature artworks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jb57542 View Post
    Perhaps this means active guilds need to do a better job pruning their inactive members to keep the guild active and healthy. I'm in eos and the reason for the new guild is because EOE and silentkillz merged into one new guild not long ago. This goes along with the suggestion of keeping the guild fresh.
    I would agree with you if there is some type of stat that showed when members last logged in so inactive members could be purged. . However without that aspect its a guessing game. . .being a guild since beta, our aactivity is still top ten which is pretty impressive, we also merged, im just stating creating new guild gives false numbers as being 100% active, nevertheless you guys are still a top guild in my book and congrats

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    The top guild listing is very informative.

I'm not sure if this is okay but I came up with this page that sorts out guilds by category. Hope you'll like it.
    Here is the link http://podcrew.com/al-topguilds/
    That's awesome man very helpful for peopke searching for good pvp guild, or one to help them flag etc....since a lot odnplayers love time records I hope thats incoporated somehow... (would be tough stat to do though)

21.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #78
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts

I would agree with you if there is some type of stat that showed when members last logged in so inactive members could be purged. . However without that aspect its a guessing game. . .being a guild since beta, our aactivity is still top ten which is pretty impressive, we also merged, im just stating creating new guild gives false numbers as being 100% active, nevertheless you guys are still a top guild in my book and congrats
    That's another thing we'll include in our "looking into" list for guild improvements.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

That's another thing we'll include in our "looking into" list for guild improvements.
    That's awesome news would really help out guild.......I dont know if this is possible but could we have like two vice presidents so to speak....that can promote. ...lets say I die tomarrow in car accident (knock on wood) a guild people love is now dead.....because nobody can be promoted. ..

23.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #80
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts