Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Nox Bolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Default New Nox Bolt

The new and improved Nox Bolt is simply awesome. I have yapped about how Shadow Storm Shot is a must have with any bow build. Today I stand corrected. If you have to choose between the two skills, Nox is the clear choice. Nox does more single target AND AoE DmG than SSS now with double the amount of targets being affected by poison. Please note that Nox also take less mana to perform and has a shorter cool down time.
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zuzeq For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Has it really improved that much, and as for making a choice between noxious and shadow why not just use both of them.

My current build has noxious bolt, shadow storm assault, and aimed shot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Does the new nox hit more targets when it's uncharged too? o_O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

The new nox is way better than before. The old upgrade only let you hit a few at a time. The new version is pretty much a poison shadow storm shot. If I hadto choose between the two I'd go Nox because it uses less mana, cools down twice as fast, and has dot. So awesome to see a sea of green

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Personally, I think Nox is overrated.

You need to charge it in order for it to cause AoE Dmg. I'd prefer to hit 3 skills, or 2 skills and auto attack, as compared to charging 1 skill for mediocre AoE Dmg.

Don't get me wrong, I think Nox is a great skill for boss kills but when purely looking at quick AoE Dmg, nox isn't all that great due to the fact that you need to charge it.

At least that's my opinion about it

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

My opinion is that NOX rules.. Uff thank God i picked it as fourth skill Now i will deal quick AOE DMG to this stpid mobs XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Personally, I think Nox is overrated.

You need to charge it in order for it to cause AoE Dmg. I'd prefer to hit 3 skills, or 2 skills and auto attack, as compared to charging 1 skill for mediocre AoE Dmg.

Don't get me wrong, I think Nox is a great skill for boss kills but when purely looking at quick AoE Dmg, nox isn't all that great due to the fact that you need to charge it.

At least that's my opinion about it

Jay, you know I love you right? If dealing 45-55 DmG times 6(add 3 sec upgrade) to 6 mob members (thats 330 DmG each) is mediocre then we need to PM about what you're doin so I can copy it. With 290+ DmG I do 330 with a uncharged Nox (no crit). So if I can do that to 6 people all at once its worth charging all day(twice on Sundays).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Most mobs will die before the poison is out, but if you like it over a passive, and charging is ok with you, go for it, I just don't prefer to have to charge when the mobs die so fast anyways.

Sig creds: Beelzzebob
    Igns: Warriorname, Azepeiete, Sorcerername.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Mobs don't die quick in Elites...
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorname View Post
    Most mobs will die before the poison is out, but if you like it over a passive, and charging is ok with you, go for it, I just don't prefer to have to charge when the mobs die so fast anyways.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Metztli View Post
    Mobs don't die quick in Elites...
    Agree.

P.S. Nox makes i can torment the ugly Elite Kluktus XD I love watchin when it dieees XD

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zuzeq View Post
    Jay, you know I love you right? If dealing 45-55 DmG times 6(add 3 sec upgrade) to 6 mob members (thats 330 DmG each) is mediocre then we need to PM about what you're doin so I can copy it. With 290+ DmG I do 330 with a uncharged Nox (no crit). So if I can do that to 6 people all at once its worth charging all day(twice on Sundays).
    It is just the poison that is AOE, not the impact damage, right? Also, if you skip the charge and the to 6, can you at least get 3 with an uncharged? Why is there an option to upgrade "area AND number of targets"?

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    It is just the poison that is AOE, not the impact damage, right? Also, if you skip the charge and the to 6, can you at least get 3 with an uncharged? Why is there an option to upgrade "area AND number of targets"?
    Correct, the poison is what causes the AoE DmG. That poison DmG does as much DmG as a uncharged impact hit to six target over time though. Correct, a uncharged hit can poison 3 targets. Well why don't you just let two uncharged Bolts go? you can hit six anyway *one might ask* Well what about boss rushing Oltar for example, there could be more thatn six targets. Saying that one should just take the time to charge and poison 12 targets(thats if you circle mob while bowin). If poison last 6 seconds and it takes 2 seconds to cool, 2 seconds to charge and 1 second to tap AS to keep crit going..you can keep the mob on perma poison. I don't even want to do the math on how much DoT that is. To put it simply you will be wreckin sh*t without your name being Ralph...lol...they with call you The Green Plague...lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Correct, the poison is what causes the AoE DmG. That poison DmG does as much DmG as a uncharged impact hit to six target over time though. Correct, a uncharged hit can poison 3 targets. Well why don't you just let two uncharged Bolts go? you can hit six anyway *one might ask* Well what about boss rushing Oltar for example, there could be more thatn six targets. Saying that one should just take the time to charge and poison 12 targets(thats if you circle mob while bowin). If poison last 6 seconds and it takes 2 seconds to cool, 2 seconds to charge and 1 second to tap AS to keep crit going..you can keep the mob on perma poison. I don't even want to do the math on how much DoT that is. To put it simply you will be wreckin sh*t without your name being Ralph...lol...they with call you The Green Plague...lol
    I will do some runs tonight replacing razor shield for now, won't charge though since I did a quick check on it (bad ping so can't do much) and it stacks. I always need to get my Aim out, and and to keep it stacked at full need it to be a quick tap which then gives the third "tap" to an auto or a smoke/trap. Is the 'area of effect' upgrade worth it?

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

I would say its worth it. Of course if your other skills are where you want them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Just respec again just because new bosses are too hard. If I get close and use razor and dps, I have high death chance with getting aggro because it's hard to run away from their red attack right in front of them. So tried Nox + AS + Veil, and it works much better on boss.

For aoe, razor + trap + as + dps was very good.
    And I found trap's DOT is sooo great. Hits about 30-40 to all mobs in it like timeshift does. (Better than nox's. It is worthy of one point)

But for boss, it's too hard and risky to use piercer and razor.. imagine razor on alpha wolf and piercer on frostbite or when a boss is charging it's attack..

So I think if you are not going to elite but w4 for leveling, razor is good. But because nox can be used for any situation, nox is better.
    Last edited by Excuses; 05-04-2013 at 01:35 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mstj View Post
    Just respec again just because new bosses are too hard. If I get close and use razor and dps, I have high death chance with getting aggro because it's hard to run away from their red attack right in front of them. So tried Nox + AS + Veil, and it works much better on boss.

For aoe, razor + trap + as + dps was very good.
    And I found trap's DOT is sooo great. Hits about 30-40 to all mobs in it like timeshift does. (Better than nox's. It is worthy of one point)

But for boss, it's too hard and risky to use piercer and razor.. imagine razor on alpha wolf and piercer on frostbite or when a boss is charging it's attack..

So I think if you are not going to elite but w4 for leveling, razor is good. But because nox can be used for any situation, nox is better.
    Side Note: Shadow Pierce can be useful against bosses. Example Foster is squaring you up with that coned rush attack, you can charge SP and go right through he putting you behind him and in the clear. Also works on boss in the Woods and Hall (when he starts pulling you in)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Ok, here is my issue with the impact damage on nox. It hits 370-470 so average 420. My bow has a damage of 276 so that is a 150 difference. Thing is armor is percentage reduction and usually around 50% or more on bosses so that makes a net difference of 75 damage. Since nox takes up a place in my rotation it is costing me 83 mana for 75 single target damage. Since charging really throws off my rotation and without that you can't seem to even poison a second mob that is practically hugging your target it is not for me.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Well snap Fluff, bad luck. My poison seems to work perfect. I always see a sea of red number floating heavenly above mobs I encounter due to Nox. Seems like it isn't working for you. Trust me and I only get to say this cause I play with you.. you don't really need it...lol. You do just fine with build you have (;

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Well snap Fluff, bad luck. My poison seems to work perfect. I always see a sea of red number floating heavenly above mobs I encounter due to Nox. Seems like it isn't working for you. Trust me and I only get to say this cause I play with you.. you don't really need it...lol. You do just fine with build you have (;
    I tested some more with uncharged Nox and in my case it's also only hitting 1 target. It only damages multiple targets when charged. I'm trying to fit charging Nox into my skill rotation but it also makes me feel 'out of balance' with my current rotation. Every moment I'm charging Nox while seeing my other skills coming out of cooldown I feel like I'm wasting a high Dmg skill for mediocre (yes, I said it again ) poison Dmg.

I have to be honest though and admit that, when crunching the numbers, charging nox and damaging 6 enemies for 6 seconds might be worth it, if you have Nox as a skill already.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I shoot u need to charge it? My choice is between nox or piercer, i think I'll stick with piecer!