Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Nox Bolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Lmao@"yes I said it again". Right on Jay. Side note: try charging only as your initial attack then fall back into your normal rotation. To others, I don't suggest charging anything on boss fights (unless you're a Veil user)
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zuzeq View Post
    Lmao@"yes I said it again". Right on Jay. Side note: try charging only as your initial attack then fall back into your normal rotation. To others, I don't suggest charging anything on boss fights (unless you're a Veil user)
    I'm currently only charging Nox when I know my other skills will still be on cooldown while holding the skill button. Skills I currently use are AS, Nox, SSS, Veil. I do change all the time though.

I agree with not charging skills during boss fights. That's also where SSS comes in instead of trap, it's both a usefull skill in boss fights (range) as for mob killing. If you're a trap user, I'd suggest to always charge trap though because a charged trap stays about 3 seconds longer as compared to an uncharged one.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

The problem when talking 'other' skills is Aim can crit for over 3K. That makes firing it not optional so you only have two seconds for everything else in between. I can get in two autos so that is '550' listed damage. I can also drop a trap or two if it 'respawns' or charge smoke. Razor does 150 listed for 8 seconds to all enemies, which is way more then one poison but has a 20 second cool down. I thought that was an issue but the simple fact is I can only use so many 'other' skills between Aims. Oh, and for Gawds sake, 3K!

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

question about the "Fragmentation" upgrade on Nox; it states "Each second a target is damaged by Noxious Bolt's poison, they receive an additional 10% damage".

Does this mean the target itself will receive 10% additional damage from any attack? Or does it mean the poison damage itself get an 10% boost? It it's the latter case, is it worth to get this upgrade because 10% of the poison damage seems low.

If it's the former case, does this 10% additional damage stack? Meaning will it go up to 20%, 30% and so on? (probably not, but just asking).

sorry for so many question;I want to respec to a bow rogue, and I only spent a few hours on Nox during the free respec week, so don't really know much about it.

It would seems like Nox with the range upgrade would pair well with another AOE skill like SSS if there is 10% addition damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Im pretty sure its 10% more poison damage and im pretty sure it doesn't stack even though that would be awesome.. Also an uncharged nox only hits 1 guy and if it were to hit 3 or even 2 uncharged that would be amazing but the upgrade it got is great...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Yup, bringing this old topic back up. It was a questioned if charging Nox messes up a speed skill rotation. After battling for the top spot in the recent timed run event I have to say bringing down elite mobs in the fastest way possible requires the charging on Nox Bolt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

So if you guys had to pick which skill is better for AOE damage which is better...Nox or Razor?
    BUYING A NEW SIGNATURE PIC - PM ME!
    READ ME TO RE-SPARK POCKET LEGENDS!
    Click Me! Or Click Me! Or Click Both!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SkullCrusher View Post
    So if you guys had to pick which skill is better for AOE damage which is better...Nox or Razor?
    Nox w/o a question...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Zuzeq For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

I know this is kind of a light Necro, but with the free respecs I decided to give Nox another go. I tested it extensively in timed runs and... boy does it rock lol.

Just wanted to post my official apologies towards Zuzeq because I wasn't an instant believer

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    I know this is kind of a light Necro, but with the free respecs I decided to give Nox another go. I tested it extensively in timed runs and... boy does it rock lol.

Just wanted to post my official apologies towards Zuzeq because I wasn't an instant believer

lol, no worries Jay. Your knowledge is always welcome (:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Make me a believer zuzeq. I just respecced and add nox 3/5.

Sacrificed passives for it. I plan to use it primarily for bosses but if someone can convince me it's better than RS... who knows I may decide to run with it.

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alrisaia View Post

Sacrificed passives for it. I plan to use it primarily for bosses but if someone can convince me it's better than RS... who knows I may decide to run with it.

If you read back, I stated that Nox is simply the best Assassin skill for AoE damage. Very useful for mobs of any kind and awesome for bosses when paired with AS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

You won't regret it. At low levels I thought it was meh, but at high lvl endgame dungeons, you'd be surprise how much the Nox damage does. I'm running 5/5 Nox and its fun when you bring ribbit and CRIT that AoE damage. Watch them fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuzeq View Post
    If you read back, I stated that Nox is simply the best Assassin skill for AoE damage. Very useful for mobs of any kind and awesome for bosses when paired with AS.
    Thanks Zu for the help on my build too!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    You won't regret it. At low levels I thought it was meh, but at high lvl endgame dungeons, you'd be surprise how much the Nox damage does. I'm running 5/5 Nox and its fun when you bring ribbit and CRIT that AoE damage. Watch them fly.
    I am still experimenting with it... Still not convinced it's right for me.

<Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

I am still experimenting with it... Still not convinced it's right for me.
    It could be an uncomfortable addition to your rotation due to the fact you're a dagger Rogue. I can see how it may feel slightly funny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

I simply love Nox when I'm farming for Flap Jack in normal Rooks Nest. Simply fire off a charged Nox, and continue. The damage over time kills 3-5 mobs, so essentially it's a fire-and-forget skill. Makes for incredibly fast Rooks Nest runs - I rarely stop or even slow down!

I also find Nox great for Elite Seas and pretty much any map where you can get mobs grouped tightly. Having a tank to pull and gather mobs, a Sorc to drop clocks, a Rogue with Traps and Nox all combine for quick elite sea runs. If I am confident with my tank, I can go with my Max DMG build and the DoT on Nox is actually quite impressive (note that I have maxed out Nox, the extra upgrades are worthwhile).

Even in Dagger Build (Mountain Teeth), the AoE DMG of charged blades plus the occasional Proc from the Teeth combine for absurd damage when everything starts Critting. Because of all these things in combination, I can solo Elite Jarl in just over 2 minutes with my lv30 Rogue.

Don't forget Nox in the PvP arena as well. I get a lot of kills from the DoT. Especially good for those who hide behind tanks when they are low on HP, or try to fleet. Not only does the charged Nox deal damage to the entire group, but the initial strike does a lot of single target damage as well.

I am a believer! (wasn't always)

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

19. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I LOVE Nox for both Pve and Pvp. Makes me feel like a sorc with all that red

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Killerheels View Post
    I LOVE Nox for both Pve and Pvp. Makes me feel like a sorc with all that red
    Yeah that^, when you get at least two Assassins stacking charged Bolts...a sea of red number...its...its...so lovely...lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

So far - for PVP, I can see how this skill would be extremely valuable...

I'm liking Nox for bosses in PVE and I'm getting better at switching out trap for nox when I get to the boss, but I'm still liking the razor shield AOE DOT better for mob clearing. I get 8 ticks of 118+ dmg per tick most of which ends up being crit dmg for upwards to 200 and I'm not limited on the number of mobs it affects and although it has a 20 second cool down I get the benefit of a +20 dodge during it's 8 seconds of sheer mob shredding bloody terror.

Thus - I have concluded through the runs I've done with nox that it's just not worth swapping out RS if you're a dagger / trap rogue, that being said - if I used a bow exclusively - I would be all over this skill.

Regards,

<Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

im using nox since i start playing (lvl 16 cap) i dont remember if there was time i didnt use it.