Thanked in
    584 Posts

Added too. Thanks!

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Sorry for no updates for so long, something wrong with my laptop, its been sent in for repair and I've had to keep off AL for 2 weeks! So nothing until it returns, sorry guys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Wow. Awesome guide.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Thanks! (for being the first poster other than me on this page )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Where would be the best farming spot for a solo player, excluding daily quests and elite (since this mostly requires parties)? Is there anywhere else better than rook's nest?
    Been browsing through the drop location of pet eggs and crates, couldn't find anywhere else better....

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Well, you could farm kraken mines or brackenridge for locked crates...or rook's hideout for ribbit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Do you recommend selling or opening chests? Which ones and why? I find that selling chests on the streets are the most profitable but it takes forever. If you open chests you dont have a good chance for good stuff (with the exception of pinfeathers) and you can loose some potential money.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Do you mean crates or chests? Since I've got a lotta free time I'll explain both.

Chests

Open the cheap ones you get from farming, all the regular chests (copper, silver, copper, banded copper, banded silver, banded gold, copper pirate, silver pirate, golden pirate, copper warchest, silver warchest, golden warchest) as well as the Elite Chests II (elite copper chest II, elite silver chest II, elite golden chest II) since you can't sell the latter and the former isn't worth anything.
    Chances are you'll get nothing good.

When you come to the big uns, that's where the money lies. Elite Pirate chests sell for a bit (haven't checked the CS for those in a while) and Elite War chests even more. I'd recommend selling them, because the chances you'll get anything good are pretty low. The only good item I got from a Elite golden war chest was only decent (sells for about 50k) but since much of the cs is dependent on Supply and Demand, I wasn't able to sell the item a few k's off the lowest price. It sold for 25k instead of 50k+.

I also got a rogue item that sells for 10k, so my experience of opening isn't that good. Don't take my opinion alone though, try your luck or sell for a fixed price.

Crates

Locked Grand Crates are a gamble; if you open them, you can win, and become an instant millionaire; or you can lose 15 platinum for crappy pinks. They sell (as of now) for about 19k, so sell if you want a fixed price.

If you want to avoid the CS fee, you can shout out in towns or /g. Prepare to have to negotiate your prices though, probably going down to as much as 5k lower than your intended price. For items that aren't in demand, use that method.

Btw, yes, selling Champion's Vest of Security for rogue, please bid. Thanks.

Getting crates are simple;

1. Type /partyinvite 000 in a town; this will enable you to solo a map.
    2. Enter brackenridge village and run till Jarl.
    3. When you kill Jarl, type /partyleave.
    4. Teleport to another town and do /partyinvite 000. Repeat from top.

With a luck elixir, you can get several crates with this method (I got 2 crates in 5 minutes before I stopped cuz of boredom).

There you have my miniature farming and opening or whatever guide, don't forget to thank
    Last edited by Alhuntrazeck; 05-29-2013 at 09:54 PM.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Alhuntrazeck For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

cool guide man!
    DRIAZIY

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Driaziy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    Do you mean crates or chests? Since I've got a lotta free time I'll explain both.

Chests

Open the cheap ones you get from farming, all the regular chests (copper, silver, copper, banded copper, banded silver, banded gold, copper pirate, silver pirate, golden pirate, copper warchest, silver warchest, golden warchest) as well as the Elite Chests II (elite copper chest II, elite silver chest II, elite golden chest II) since you can't sell the latter and the former isn't worth anything.
    Chances are you'll get nothing good.

When you come to the big uns, that's where the money lies. Elite Pirate chests sell for a bit (haven't checked the CS for those in a while) and Elite War chests even more. I'd recommend selling them, because the chances you'll get anything good are pretty low. The only good item I got from a Elite golden war chest was only decent (sells for about 50k) but since much of the cs is dependent on Supply and Demand, I wasn't able to sell the item a few k's off the lowest price. It sold for 25k instead of 50k+.

I also got a rogue item that sells for 10k, so my experience of opening isn't that good. Don't take my opinion alone though, try your luck or sell for a fixed price.

Crates

Locked Grand Crates are a gamble; if you open them, you can win, and become an instant millionaire; or you can lose 15 platinum for crappy pinks. They sell (as of now) for about 19k, so sell if you want a fixed price.

If you want to avoid the CS fee, you can shout out in towns or /g. Prepare to have to negotiate your prices though, probably going down to as much as 5k lower than your intended price. For items that aren't in demand, use that method.

Btw, yes, selling Champion's Vest of Security for rogue, please bid. Thanks.

Getting crates are simple;

1. Type /partyinvite 000 in a town; this will enable you to solo a map.
    2. Enter brackenridge village and run till Jarl.
    3. When you kill Jarl, type /partyleave.
    4. Teleport to another town and do /partyinvite 000. Repeat from top.

With a luck elixir, you can get several crates with this method (I got 2 crates in 5 minutes before I stopped cuz of boredom).

There you have my miniature farming and opening or whatever guide, don't forget to thank
    thanks a lot. I didn't know how to get crates. And good for for the creator

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk 2

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

You can also run the Kraken Mines for crates, some find that more reliable.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Update:
    • Added Update Log

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Good guide, u should tell that doing all the daily quests in AL, u can get 10-15k, if ur Lucky, then u can earn some lock crates, lol
    <font size=4><font color=#0000FF><i><b>Tryndamare</b></i></font></font>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Very helpful

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Bumping this up.
    Last edited by Alhuntrazeck; 06-28-2013 at 03:31 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

ty for your guide, i very need

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I dont understand what u said about getting colton n selling him. If u buy him with the story tokens through the stable, dont u get Colton, not Colton's Egg? How can u sell colton? And with what u said about farming crates, do u mean going through normal brackenridge, or elite? Cuz i went through the stage (soloing) numerous times n im not getting any crates. N what does soloing have to do with getting crates? If u could clarify these, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kreos View Post
    I dont understand what u said about getting colton n selling him. If u buy him with the story tokens through the stable, dont u get Colton, not Colton's Egg? How can u sell colton? And with what u said about farming crates, do u mean going through normal brackenridge, or elite? Cuz i went through the stage (soloing) numerous times n im not getting any crates. N what does soloing have to do with getting crates? If u could clarify these, it would be greatly appreciated.
    I'll answer this in behalf of the OP:

1. About Colton - Colton can be purchased in its egg form. Just go to Traveler's Outpost, theres a lady NPC there (forgot her name) before you reach the entrance of the Watchers Tomb, you can convert your 200 story tokens to an egg Colton. After that, you can sell it to earn your gold.

2. Crates - You can farm crates from Normal Brack Village, not elite just normal. But, you need luck to have it dropped, on rare occasions, it drops without any loot/luck elix. Having a leprechaun pendant helps in getting these crates. Just defeat Bael and the mobs before/after him, they drop the crates.

3. Soloing - Soloing does not affect your chances of getting crates. Some people solo because most players (pugs) farm normal Brack at rush-speed, which means, when you enter the map, either the map is finished or the boss is dead. I solo myself, alternating Brack Village, then Ydra Forest, Rooks Hideout, then repeat. Soloing does make your farming less stressful and at your own pace.

Hope this clarifies your query.
    The Forum here is more FUN!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to IronMonkey For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IronMonkey View Post
    3. Soloing - Soloing does not affect your chances of getting crates. Some people solo because most players (pugs) farm normal Brack at rush-speed, which means, when you enter the map, either the map is finished or the boss is dead. I solo myself, alternating Brack Village, then Ydra Forest, Rooks Hideout, then repeat. Soloing does make your farming less stressful and at your own pace.

what do you get from ydra and rooks?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IronMonkey View Post
    I'll answer this in behalf of the OP:

1. About Colton - Colton can be purchased in its egg form. Just go to Traveler's Outpost, theres a lady NPC there (forgot her name) before you reach the entrance of the Watchers Tomb, you can convert your 200 story tokens to an egg Colton. After that, you can sell it to earn your gold.

2. Crates - You can farm crates from Normal Brack Village, not elite just normal. But, you need luck to have it dropped, on rare occasions, it drops without any loot/luck elix. Having a leprechaun pendant helps in getting these crates. Just defeat Bael and the mobs before/after him, they drop the crates.

Thanks