Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Elixir Free - Looking for friends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Default Elixir Free - Looking for friends

I made a new character some time ago and am now back working on it. While I fell deeply into the thrasher life some time ago and now have three characters at 76, I now want to try this one elixir free all the way. This is a fun experiment. Slow and steady.

While I have met many great players along the way, I have recently reached the sewers and am totally frustrated by the number of people who have no clue how to defeat the bosses. I try to explain but they just want to "muscle" thru the nightmare of the sewers with their elixirs and move on to Nuri. I am looking for new friends who might be trying the "old way" of the elixir free character, or simply want to fight the bosses with tactics.

I am not claiming to be the best. Just want to find a decent team that observes tactics and such and HAS FUN leveling slowly.

Name in game is Pinklizard. Level 54 pure int mage. Let me know if you are interested in trying drug free life ;-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    438 Posts

I just went through there taking my rhino to cap, and was astonished by the lack of knowledge about the bosses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

I saw u yesterday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Almost every time I help a friend with cockroach, none of them know how to beat him. I tell them to either eliminate all trash first and defeat roach quickly, or not use any AoE attacks and not do the trash at all depending on the strength of the party. Many of them don't even know what an AoE is and just spam skills which destroy trash and heal roach. It can be very frustrating.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Roach is very frustrating with people that don't understand how to beat him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

I just destroy trash cans for my team then quickly kill the roach... It's annoying but I struggle on...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Hmm, interesting idea.

I might start a project of my own like that! If I catch up, I'll definitely hit you up.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Strategy? My strategy is spam skills

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mage till the end View Post
    Strategy? My strategy is spam skills
    And that my friend is what we are saying is the problem 4x elixirs are for people like you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

Try running all levels with a proper level unelixired tell me when you solo shadow caves on a 50... Then ill say gj

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sryyoulose For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Hmm, interesting idea.

I might start a project of my own like that! If I catch up, I'll definitely hit you up.
    Well, I see this post is quickly declining into an argument about skills, etc. and so far only one person has actually addressed what I originally posted about...anyone interested in trying leveling up elixir free?

You can "discuss" tactics, lack of tactics, who is better, or who must surely suck all you want but please don't close my thread. I'm just looking to have some fun and revisit the days of Pocket Legends before elixirs. Maybe I should have known it was a hopeless idea?

On the positive side, for those who might be intrigued by this idea, I will tell you that this slow, elixir-free leveling really helps with understanding the affects of individual skills and how to play with others who are not doped up. It is fun and it is challenging. Each class has its strength and we have really all forgotten what that means. Don't get me wrong, I love to fly thru dungeons with a thrasher group, spamming skills, never slowing the steamroller pace, and killing mobs in half a second, but does that really take skill? I'm having fun with my little Mage. Just looking for new friends to join me.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Actona679 For This Useful Post:

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Actona679 View Post
    Well, I see this post is quickly declining into an argument about skills, etc. and so far only one person has actually addressed what I originally posted about...anyone interested in trying leveling up elixir free?

You can "discuss" tactics, lack of tactics, who is better, or who must surely suck all you want but please don't close my thread. I'm just looking to have some fun and revisit the days of Pocket Legends before elixirs. Maybe I should have known it was a hopeless idea?

On the positive side, for those who might be intrigued by this idea, I will tell you that this slow, elixir-free leveling really helps with understanding the affects of individual skills and how to play with others who are not doped up. It is fun and it is challenging. Each class has its strength and we have really all forgotten what that means. Don't get me wrong, I love to fly thru dungeons with a thrasher group, spamming skills, never slowing the steamroller pace, and killing mobs in half a second, but does that really take skill? I'm having fun with my little Mage. Just looking for new friends to join me.
    I currently have no toons going up to 75 without elixirs cuz the toons im lvling up are going to be twinks. But when i do ill let you know

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Actona679 View Post
    I made a new character some time ago and am now back working on it. While I fell deeply into the thrasher life some time ago and now have three characters at 76, I now want to try this one elixir free all the way. This is a fun experiment. Slow and steady.

While I have met many great players along the way, I have recently reached the sewers and am totally frustrated by the number of people who have no clue how to defeat the bosses. I try to explain but they just want to "muscle" thru the nightmare of the sewers with their elixirs and move on to Nuri. I am looking for new friends who might be trying the "old way" of the elixir free character, or simply want to fight the bosses with tactics.

I am not claiming to be the best. Just want to find a decent team that observes tactics and such and HAS FUN leveling slowly.

Name in game is Pinklizard. Level 54 pure int mage. Let me know if you are interested in trying drug free life ;-)
    Ah yes thats going to be a tough road, not the monsters they'll be a walk in the park, but the monsterous XP you have to gain once you reach 70, Goodluck Actona I would be happy to join but, unfortunatly I already have every single leveled character up to the level 76, it was hard but well worth it I hope you score a few valuable pinks there in mount fang, best of luck from thebedtbird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Hmm?^ Where's your bird? Thought you deleted it ephe.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Deathofan For This Useful Post:

18.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #15
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    803 Posts

Good luck with your leveling

Everyone remember to play nice
    | | |

| |

Need Help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Delphina For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sryyoulose View Post
    And that my friend is what we are saying is the problem 4x elixirs are for people like you.
    Haha Funny how people come to conclusions like that. I never used a x4 till fang era. Haven't used one in 4 months probably. So next time please do not accuse me before you know all the facts.

The Land Of Trolls. Graduated Medic from The Land Of Trolls.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Even so, dismissing a class as merely a class to spam skills on isn't right, the game has hidden strategies and mechanics you have yet to grasp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wendellism View Post
    Even so, dismissing a class as merely a class to spam skills on isn't right, the game has hidden strategies and mechanics you have yet to grasp.
    Buffs
    Mana shield
    Due buffs if u have
    Damage spells

Rinse repeat. This game has no team stratige like other mmos. Not that hard. It's only as complicated as you make it

The Land Of Trolls. Graduated Medic from The Land Of Trolls.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mage till the end View Post
    Buffs
    Mana shield
    Due buffs if u have
    Damage spells

Rinse repeat. This game has no team stratige like other mmos. Not that hard. It's only as complicated as you make it
    Try doing that with a party that has NO Elixirs, NO Daily blessings starting level 45+ onward, in the appropriate level.

Make a video about this, and I'll be one of the first that calls you pro. Go on. What are you waiting for?

And like Sryyoulose and Whoisthis has stated, that is what the oldies are saying is the problem 4x elixirs are for people like you. Elixirs merely decreases the quality of players in the game in the long run, turning from what was meant to be skills in clearing a run, into a game where everyone can be power-leveled by elixirs. The fact is you are one of the many people that bought platinum just to buy elixirs, but it does not improve your skills in the game.
    Last edited by Wendellism; 05-05-2013 at 11:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

I have just started my own project with my old (in pl terms only) buddy. We are way way behind you and may never catch up. But it is fun going back to basics. Not sure we'll get to endgame...may not even make the sewers...but I applaud your sentiment OP. Btw I have also given up random sewer farming for this same reason. Lack of knowledge of maps and boss strategy is quite depressing. Good luck!

Trulyhappy Officer of TCG
    It's not always rainbows and butterflies
    It's compromise that moves us along.