Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Closing statements, please read PL forumers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tHelonestud View Post
    I agree, a farewell thread is not the greatest place for all of this to happen, but since it was the newest PL General Discussion thread and I was very bored, I got involved. As you said I could have walked away, and maybe I should have.
    But the non-"bye-I'm-leaving-forums" part of the thread, has happened before. I actually think it's slightly more civil than here.

this is not only a fair well, but a plea, for change for the future of the forums.

One can only push so hard to have trolling decrease to a point of giving up, and I wanted to express it to the community in a constructive fashion yet at the same time leave it open to constructive feedback.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions and posts, It took alot to post this and risked whatever reputation I have, but I felt like I needed to.

-Griff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griffinfan View Post
    this is not only a fair well, but a plea, for change for the future of the forums.

One can only push so hard to have trolling decrease to a point of giving up, and I wanted to express it to the community in a constructive fashion yet at the same time leave it open to constructive feedback.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions and posts, It took alot to post this and risked whatever reputation I have, but I felt like I needed to.

-Griff
    Just saying in my boom your reputation skyrocketed!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griffinfan:1083750
    I agree, a farewell thread is not the greatest place for all of this to happen, but since it was the newest PL General Discussion thread and I was very bored, I got involved. As you said I could have walked away, and maybe I should have.
    But the non-"bye-I'm-leaving-forums" part of the thread, has happened before. I actually think it's slightly more civil than here.

-Griff
    I don't care what reputation u have and what are you thought of in the community, I will always be loyal to you, and you will always be seen to me as my best bud
    Last edited by Caiahar; 05-05-2013 at 10:13 PM.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Reading that post made me miss Morfic so much. His short story was epic & funny although it might have been seen in bad taste by others.

So, lonestud, thank you for that.

@Griffin, I still respect your opinions & understand what you are trying to say.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Reading that post made me miss Morfic so much. His short story was epic & funny although it might have been seen in bad taste by others.

So, lonestud, thank you for that.

@Griffin, I still respect your opinions & understand what you are trying to say.
    I definitely liked it
    But I guess Sam was the quality judge for it

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tHelonestud For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    Things is, people like Phys and Yanis had the ability to find content that hasn't been discovered before, I personally do not think that's something many others are capable of (no offense to anyone, like you said, those people were irreplaceable). That's just my view, I respect that you have a different opinion on this, but I've just seen a lot of the people (someyou listed) put in the effort, with no positive results in return.
    exactly this mentality, sorry to say, even anyone of em return in disguise and try to experiment on few non-discovered things - "they'll get trolled/ or will be ignored" - I claim.

Cause peoples has loosen that mentality after posting several thousand threads and declarted themselves as "legend/godly/best" and developed huge "ego". That was only possible when everyone was new including the game itself.

I remember something -

anyone can be a great artist. That does not mean everyone has the capability but a great artist can come from anywhere.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Waug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

I miss you every minute of every day, my friend. <3

I definitely liked it
    But I guess Sam was the quality judge for it
    Yeah.. I got smacked down pretty good for that one. (But deep down I believe Sam loved it. He just had to set an example with me... else I might have went on a troll-spree in the form of short stories)

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaleagle View Post
    Welcome to the internet.
    Mysticaleagle just won this thread. Go ahead and close it, time to move on. This is my take on things:

The moderators on this forum are here for a reason. They will remove anything not appropriate, or take action against those who break ToS. If you feel someone is breaking ToS, it is your job to report them to make the moderators aware. Aside from that, this IS the internet. The internet is a cruel, sarcastic, and cynical place. The anonymity of the internet allows people to take on the role of any persona they wish, and say mostly whatever they would like to say, without fear of retaliation.

This will.. ALWAYS.. be the case. No matter how many threads are made, no matter how many people complain and whine, the internet will win this battle. Even if one of the biggest perps get banned or leave the game/forums, a new one will join. Sarcasm and "trolling" is a product of anonymity and it is here to stay, in one form or another. The best course of action to battle this, is to practice what you preach. Exude this type of attitude at all times. Slowly, you will gain followers/friends with the same outlook, and possibly one day your clique will grow large enough and spread far enough, so that the "trollers" are a slim minority that are outcast from every form of the game and forums and they may want to change their ways. (This is never going to happen mind you).

Arguing and debating is ingrained into each of us. Every single person in the world loves a good debate in a subject they are knowledgeable about. Some people just love to debate. Some people just love to argue. Some people just like to stir the pot. But either way, much of what people call trolling, is people doing one of the aforementioned things. Debating, arguing, or stirring the pot. To cause controversy is numero uno to these people. The ONLY way to fight this war, is to ignore them. The only satisfaction gained from trolling, is the reaction. If there is no reaction, there is no satisfaction.

So to conclude. To end trolling/being rude - Stop reacting to it. Do not reply, do not mention it in any way.

So to conclude again, and to repeat the words of a very wise person, "Welcome to the internet."

Let's make it SPARKLE!

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to morfic For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by morfic View Post
    I miss you every minute of every day, my friend. <3

Yeah.. I got smacked down pretty good for that one. (But deep down I believe Sam loved it. He just had to set an example with me... else I might have went on a troll-spree in the form of short stories)

Mysticaleagle just won this thread. Go ahead and close it, time to move on. This is my take on things:

The moderators on this forum are here for a reason. They will remove anything not appropriate, or take action against those who break ToS. If you feel someone is breaking ToS, it is your job to report them to make the moderators aware. Aside from that, this IS the internet. The internet is a cruel, sarcastic, and cynical place. The anonymity of the internet allows people to take on the role of any persona they wish, and say mostly whatever they would like to say, without fear of retaliation.

This will.. ALWAYS.. be the case. No matter how many threads are made, no matter how many people complain and whine, the internet will win this battle. Even if one of the biggest perps get banned or leave the game/forums, a new one will join. Sarcasm and "trolling" is a product of anonymity and it is here to stay, in one form or another. The best course of action to battle this, is to practice what you preach. Exude this type of attitude at all times. Slowly, you will gain followers/friends with the same outlook, and possibly one day your clique will grow large enough and spread far enough, so that the "trollers" are a slim minority that are outcast from every form of the game and forums and they may want to change their ways. (This is never going to happen mind you).

Arguing and debating is ingrained into each of us. Every single person in the world loves a good debate in a subject they are knowledgeable about. Some people just love to debate. Some people just love to argue. Some people just like to stir the pot. But either way, much of what people call trolling, is people doing one of the aforementioned things. Debating, arguing, or stirring the pot. To cause controversy is numero uno to these people. The ONLY way to fight this war, is to ignore them. The only satisfaction gained from trolling, is the reaction. If there is no reaction, there is no satisfaction.

So to conclude. To end trolling/being rude - Stop reacting to it. Do not reply, do not mention it in any way.

So to conclude again, and to repeat the words of a very wise person, "Welcome to the internet."
    You are too smart for your own good. You need to be nerfed.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Wise words, Morf^

15. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wendellism View Post
    Griffin is going and you dare to annoy him with this unthoughtful comment? Please for once show some respect, before I burn you in forums for your trolling.
    I feel like this is exactly what griff is leaving for :'(
    AL: BAT~HAM 0_O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

The truth of the matter is this:

Until developers take a firm stance against all trolls AS WELL AS those who cause the trolling to initiate (by irking people, spamming the forums, etc), it will not cease.

Those of you know who I am talking about know how you are and also know that I have personally tried. There is only so much you can do.

In short, nice speech, but wrong environment. The people you are talking to are bored players. If you don't believe me, take a look at the AL section. It is much more constructive than the PL side.

I hope you decide to stick around.

Cheers,

~Apollo

This stems from boredom. The forums is already in the troll mentality (I get caught in it as well at times, not going to lie.)

Gf tho :/ sad to see u go griffin
    PL:Sharkknife (77 bird in <Rated M>), Ubertwink (Bes 56 in <FFA>/PL Minuteman, Wrathfuluber (One Of The Last 1st Gen Wrathfuls)||| AL: Depend-46 (proud member of <Mag(nub)num>

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Me and boot wait all the time for Griff to come on, so we can farm together, but now, I haven't seen him on much ...

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bootdaddy:1082188
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinfan View Post
    If you don't have anything constructive to add, leave this thread.
    Him and his friend gonna troll it till they get there point across
    Sadly, this is true.

Nice thread bro!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

We have too many Laquints.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

If people are bored with the STS games or the forums why play anymore. Why take joy in people's grief; it just makes you a sadist; do you want someone to call you that? This is like bullying all over again. I haven't been on forums lately due to extensive endgame training but everyone else who posts daily are mostly bystanders in these unnecessary disputes. Just "burning" someone on forums doesn't give you a brownie point or give you a greater reputation. In fact, it just lowers other's respect towards you. The Developers have enough stuff on their plates;how about we act a little more mature in the way we post things on the forums.
    There shouldn't be any locked threads due to the violation(s) of the rules in the first place. And forumers (not pointing out specific people for that would be an act of trolling too) who count the number of locked threads and compete with others should be greatly ashamed and embarrassed because the greater the number of locked threads, the lower your reputation stands.
    We all are 99% the same and of the same species so how about we try to come to a consensus about trolling: think before you troll.
    Thank you for your time to read this post, and although I don't know you GriffinFan, I hope you the best of luck in this achievable goal and in your future affairs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I like after that soliloquy, your signature just trolled me. -.- ^^
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Haha.

But on-topic. The forums will always be a hangout for trollers and people who are just bored with nothing else to do. Take me for eg. Most of the time on weekends, you'll find my name on the latest posts of the AL Forums. The only way imo to stop trolls? Become one. <-- Joke, hope you have a sense of humor
    As I was saying, the only way to stop trolls is to deal with it, you can't stop trolls. On every forum in the Internet there will be trolls.
    My $.02 on the matter which can be taken with a pinch of salt.
    Last edited by Alhuntrazeck; 06-02-2013 at 08:49 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

This thread is so entertaining and long...i only agree with morfic EVEN THO he used hi vocabulary and i had to stop every few sentences to search what a word meant lol

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

What in the world are you guys talking about? Trolling as always been around since the beggining of time. I think you people seem to notice it more because their is a lack of things to talk about in the forums. Their is a lack of updates and content to converse about. Their is a lack of pvp topics because the subject now consist of " op forgotten bows, op end game". Therefore people trolling seems to stick out more. Since their is a lack of content, we tend to feed into the trolling. In the past, these trolling threads would be buried by other hot topics.

At the end of the day, is trolling reallly to blame? What else would you rather talk about in the PL forum? Butterflies, horseshoes, rainbows, ballons? There is not much else. Therefore unless we as a community can come up with more constructive post to bury these trolls(which is impossible due to lack of content) this is all we have left.

Just call us the forgotten children of STS. All we can do is sit back and wait for sts to make a announcement of some sort regarding this game.

United we stand, apart we fall. Remember that

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Cough cough.

This thread is making me feel depressed.

Throughout that guy is sounding like an old man repeating the phrase "Thou shall not be mean".

Really? Just get on with it.. The forums would be most boring if there wern't people trolling and pissing bout'. In fact making people fustrated over some words is well.. Most enjoyable. Learn to ignore trolls, there are numerous guides and people to contact if the internets making you sad.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Fyu For This Useful Post: