Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Closing statements, please read PL forumers.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Reading that post made me miss Morfic so much. His short story was epic & funny although it might have been seen in bad taste by others.
    I miss you every minute of every day, my friend. <3

Quote Originally Posted by tHelonestud View Post
    I definitely liked it
    But I guess Sam was the quality judge for it
    Yeah.. I got smacked down pretty good for that one. (But deep down I believe Sam loved it. He just had to set an example with me... else I might have went on a troll-spree in the form of short stories)

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaleagle View Post
    Welcome to the internet.
    Mysticaleagle just won this thread. Go ahead and close it, time to move on. This is my take on things:

The moderators on this forum are here for a reason. They will remove anything not appropriate, or take action against those who break ToS. If you feel someone is breaking ToS, it is your job to report them to make the moderators aware. Aside from that, this IS the internet. The internet is a cruel, sarcastic, and cynical place. The anonymity of the internet allows people to take on the role of any persona they wish, and say mostly whatever they would like to say, without fear of retaliation.

This will.. ALWAYS.. be the case. No matter how many threads are made, no matter how many people complain and whine, the internet will win this battle. Even if one of the biggest perps get banned or leave the game/forums, a new one will join. Sarcasm and "trolling" is a product of anonymity and it is here to stay, in one form or another. The best course of action to battle this, is to practice what you preach. Exude this type of attitude at all times. Slowly, you will gain followers/friends with the same outlook, and possibly one day your clique will grow large enough and spread far enough, so that the "trollers" are a slim minority that are outcast from every form of the game and forums and they may want to change their ways. (This is never going to happen mind you).

Arguing and debating is ingrained into each of us. Every single person in the world loves a good debate in a subject they are knowledgeable about. Some people just love to debate. Some people just love to argue. Some people just like to stir the pot. But either way, much of what people call trolling, is people doing one of the aforementioned things. Debating, arguing, or stirring the pot. To cause controversy is numero uno to these people. The ONLY way to fight this war, is to ignore them. The only satisfaction gained from trolling, is the reaction. If there is no reaction, there is no satisfaction.

So to conclude. To end trolling/being rude - Stop reacting to it. Do not reply, do not mention it in any way.

So to conclude again, and to repeat the words of a very wise person, "Welcome to the internet."

Let's make it SPARKLE!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to morfic For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by morfic View Post
    I miss you every minute of every day, my friend. <3

Yeah.. I got smacked down pretty good for that one. (But deep down I believe Sam loved it. He just had to set an example with me... else I might have went on a troll-spree in the form of short stories)

Mysticaleagle just won this thread. Go ahead and close it, time to move on. This is my take on things:

The moderators on this forum are here for a reason. They will remove anything not appropriate, or take action against those who break ToS. If you feel someone is breaking ToS, it is your job to report them to make the moderators aware. Aside from that, this IS the internet. The internet is a cruel, sarcastic, and cynical place. The anonymity of the internet allows people to take on the role of any persona they wish, and say mostly whatever they would like to say, without fear of retaliation.

This will.. ALWAYS.. be the case. No matter how many threads are made, no matter how many people complain and whine, the internet will win this battle. Even if one of the biggest perps get banned or leave the game/forums, a new one will join. Sarcasm and "trolling" is a product of anonymity and it is here to stay, in one form or another. The best course of action to battle this, is to practice what you preach. Exude this type of attitude at all times. Slowly, you will gain followers/friends with the same outlook, and possibly one day your clique will grow large enough and spread far enough, so that the "trollers" are a slim minority that are outcast from every form of the game and forums and they may want to change their ways. (This is never going to happen mind you).

Arguing and debating is ingrained into each of us. Every single person in the world loves a good debate in a subject they are knowledgeable about. Some people just love to debate. Some people just love to argue. Some people just like to stir the pot. But either way, much of what people call trolling, is people doing one of the aforementioned things. Debating, arguing, or stirring the pot. To cause controversy is numero uno to these people. The ONLY way to fight this war, is to ignore them. The only satisfaction gained from trolling, is the reaction. If there is no reaction, there is no satisfaction.

So to conclude. To end trolling/being rude - Stop reacting to it. Do not reply, do not mention it in any way.

So to conclude again, and to repeat the words of a very wise person, "Welcome to the internet."
    You are too smart for your own good. You need to be nerfed.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post: