Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Closing statements, please read PL forumers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Griffin, I understand how you feel. You have summed up succinctly how things are. Boredom is the biggest challenge people are facing at the moment. That doesn't excuse their behaviour but is perhaps a key to understanding the mentality behind some of the posting. I will put my hands up and say that I, too, am guilty of derailing threads and posting nonsense usually with the aim of keeping things light hearted and entertaining. I do try not to be mean to people (The Sadness excepted) or make things personal. There are some people on here who, without mentioning names, go a step too far and are what I would classify as bullies. It is unnecessary and cruel to single people out and constantly put them down. You know who you are guys....and your constant put downs really only reflect the inadequacies in your own lives. Anyone who is happy with themselves realises that they do not need to bully others in order to enrich their own life.

I think though Griffin, that by leaving the forums, you are denying people a good role model. The more people with good morals and constructive advice that quit, leave the forums with more bored and hungry trolls and less helpful and informative "oldies". You sound like your mind is made up but I know I am not alone in saying I'd like to see you stick around. Maybe it is time for us all to "man" up and bring the community spirit back. Stop giving trolls attention and look out for the victims of bullying?

Trulyhappy Officer of TCG
    It's not always rainbows and butterflies
    It's compromise that moves us along.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Happiness For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

I agree with ya but honestly we all fail in doing our part as a community to report all these troll post/threads. We complain and blame developers so much but their job could be a heck of a lot easier if they see all the trolls post and do something about them.
    Bored? Check out my How to Catch Series(Click one):

Brave Bear, Sneakie Birdie, Majestic Mage

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

As stated above, I am part of this group of people that has lead to a form a trolling, and there is truly no excuse to it. I am VERY bored to be honest. STS isn't the same, and the game is just boring again. When they have a new game, they deny all other games and leave us in the trash can. We have to face that fact. The thing is, I'm not willing to let go of this game yet, as it acts for a substitute when I need to relax. However... this, again, lead to trolling and disrespecting other forumers.

Sad to see you go, Griff. I understand where you're coming from.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    As stated above, I am part of this group of people that has lead to a form a trolling, and there is truly no excuse to it. I am VERY bored to be honest. STS isn't the same, and the game is just boring again. When they have a new game, they deny all other games and leave us in the trash can. We have to face that fact. The thing is, I'm not willing to let go of this game yet, as it acts for a substitute when I need to relax. However... this, again, lead to trolling and disrespecting other forumers.

Sad to see you go, Griff. I understand where you're coming from.
    Bad Will, rly bad. Trolling is never the answer.

Sad to see u go Griff, I'm not one of the evil meanies!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

To start off, I've seen my fair share of behaviour and trends since I joined these forums.
    I myself rarely post but felt like I had to post here, since I regret not standing up for some people who got miserably trolled on these forums.
    I've seen people that I truly expected and people who got me fed up.
    I too agree with the ''Oldies'' in a way that I felt like certain people on these forums were trying to hard to fit in.
    I saw many forummembers indeed trying to talk sense into them without any luck.

Even though those people annoyed me from time to time, it wasn't anything too bad. (I must admit that I myself have caved into trolling a couple of times too though)
    What really got to me is how these respected players responded to those who didn't listen to them.
    They felt the need to make them feel horrible, and thus I stopped respecting certain members.
    I never understood how you could go from giving advice in a nice manner, to horrible trolling.
    My philosophy was that if people don't want to change, just leave them be.

Even worse was that all those Trollers, were people who, in my opinion were mature.
    I just couldn't grasp, how they could let spamming or rep boosting get to their heads so much.
    Is it so bad if someone is rep. boosting? The whole community knows he is anyway.
    I feel like the mature part of this community, is starting to get quite immature themselves.

Now let's think about the victims.
    I myself have always thought that most of the people that try to fit in are just very lonely.
    That said, I am not saying their behaviour is all that acceptable, but you should consider how someone is feeling.
    Do you have any idea how much impact your comment can have on them? Who knows how horrible they felt to begin with...

I feel like we always have 2 options, we can simply choose to walk away, or spend time trolling people with no positive outcome.
    Anyone who get's annoyed by little things as spamming, isn't it just better for you to take a little break?

That said, I agree with Happiness.
    Leaving won't solve anything Griffinfan, speaking your heart up like you just did makes a difference.
    I feel that if everyone would try to be just a little more positive, we could laugh instead of rage over small problems.

After all, rep. boosters, innocent trolls or any other kind of behaviour doesn't have any impact on your life, right?
    Why put energy into trolling, while it won't have any other effect than a negative one?

PS. I apologize if there was faulty grammar in my post, but not everyone is born with English as their native language! =)
    Voltaire
    Barbarous
    Highness

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sorcererssoul For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcererssoul View Post
    To start off, I've seen my fair share of behaviour and trends since I joined these forums.
    I myself rarely post but felt like I had to post here, since I regret not standing up for some people who got miserably trolled on these forums.
    I've seen people that I truly expected and people who got me fed up.
    I too agree with the ''Oldies'' in a way that I felt like certain people on these forums were trying to hard to fit in.
    I saw many forummembers indeed trying to talk sense into them without any luck.

Even though those people annoyed me from time to time, it wasn't anything too bad. (I must admit that I myself have caved into trolling a couple of times too though)
    What really got to me is how these respected players responded to those who didn't listen to them.
    They felt the need to make them feel horrible, and thus I stopped respecting certain members.
    I never understood how you could go from giving advice in a nice manner, to horrible trolling.
    My philosophy was that if people don't want to change, just leave them be.

Even worse was that all those Trollers, were people who, in my opinion were mature.
    I just couldn't grasp, how they could let spamming or rep boosting get to their heads so much.
    Is it so bad if someone is rep. boosting? The whole community knows he is anyway.
    I feel like the mature part of this community, is starting to get quite immature themselves.

Now let's think about the victims.
    I myself have always thought that most of the people that try to fit in are just very lonely.
    That said, I am not saying their behaviour is all that acceptable, but you should consider how someone is feeling.
    Do you have any idea how much impact your comment can have on them? Who knows how horrible they felt to begin with...

I feel like we always have 2 options, we can simply choose to walk away, or spend time trolling people with no positive outcome.
    Anyone who get's annoyed by little things as spamming, isn't it just better for you to take a little break?

That said, I agree with Happiness.
    Leaving won't solve anything Griffinfan, speaking your heart up like you just did makes a difference.
    I feel that if everyone would try to be just a little more positive, we could laugh instead of rage over small problems.

After all, rep. boosters, innocent trolls or any other kind of behaviour doesn't have any impact on your life, right?
    Why put energy into trolling, while it won't have any other effect than a negative one?

PS. I apologize if there was faulty grammar in my post, but not everyone is born with English as their native language! =)
    Well said

Trulyhappy Officer of TCG
    It's not always rainbows and butterflies
    It's compromise that moves us along.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

As I could not ever play for kd in game, I never srarted foruming to get reputation either actual or fake green bars and/or thanks, I would not rather make the acc. cuz ikr the mentality of the forumers.

Troll / big names gets the most attention, insightfull / good works getting igored, troll gets the most attention.

Forum is for well thoughtfull discussion, if the posts are logical and to the point, it should be appriciated not should be flamed due to ego factor and does not matter who said it. Its looks like Every one says it, but hardly anyone obey.

The forum got devided into few childish communities, and mostly inspired by the in game situation, like he is my friend so i shold be in his side, i hate that guy so i need opportunaties to flame him -these types. Also it does not matter even if the troller is a forum legend or not , the rule should be applicable to all, just anyone - is my good friend/good guy ig/several thousand posts does not gets the right to troll in forums.Theres lack of neutrality, thats what i miss all the time when reading posts.

Troll is not rigid rather it is flexible and debatable term, there always will be funny and enjoyable posts same as even in the "non game serious issue forums",but that should not cross the fine line, we all know it, no need to explain.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Waug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

Truth is a myth

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tHelonestud View Post
    clique*
    Prime example of what Griff is talking about. This sudden rise in grammar correction is one of the MAJOR issues. It started, like Griff said, with some of the more well known forumers (usually as a joke between friends), and others take and run with it. Others, just think they are smarter than everyone else and will correct people at all costs.

And David, to say I am disappointed in the way you approach certain things (like this thread), well... disappointed isn't a strong enough word. I remember a different Chris, David, and others, when I joined the forums; not the turds I see on a daily basis now. If this current streak of brashness is truly you, then add me to the list of being completely fooled. Same with Otu before his exile and others whom I feel will soon follow.

@Griff - I could not have said it better myself. I know there are "veterans" who read the forums and never post and it is probably due to the exact issues you described. Only reason I have not walked away yet is I feel some of us need to stick around to attempt to continue the "true" forum tradition. Sadly, I think it is time I realize I cannot compete with these childish egos. (And yes, some of those belong to adults.) Actually, it's more of a matter I'm not going to deal with them.

Lists being made, posts being earmarked.
    Last edited by CrimsonTider; 05-05-2013 at 09:57 AM.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

*cough*mobilegameforums*cough*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Well I actually agree with wendilism on this one. This community has been on a downslide for a while. And as proof it is very sad that an old respected forumer is leaving and simply asked for no spamming or trolling and that's all he gets. As i have said before I love sts and what they do but they are loosing dedicated players in and out of game every because of problems like this

Reputation and Thanks are serious business
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaleagle View Post
    *cough*mobileandchromegameforums*cough*
    fixed*

TL: |AL|DL|PL|SL|BC|BD|
    Exps :|AL|DL|PL|SL|
    Other threads here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

I would say something smart here, but I'm supposed to be gone. I had this whole story prepared about when I joined and why I joined, but other stuff is my priority right now. I'll post it when I get the time.

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DocDoBig View Post
    fixed*
    If you actually want to play that game.

*cough*mobileandchromeandipadandiphoneandandroidan dsafariandetcgameforums*cough*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Screw it, about 3 years ago, I tapped that PL shield icon in the app store and waiting a few minutes on my good ol' IPod 2g. Sure, I quit in about a week, but that point is that I CAME BACK. About 3 months later (around the sewers release), I was hanging out with my pro mmorpg strategy game friend where I stumbled over Pocket Legends yet again. He had been telling all these mmo terms and LoL/SC2 tactics, so we went into the Forest Haven dungeon where we had 2 other new players with us. We kept confusing them with all this "leash the zombie into the brush and bounce him with some AOE bursting." My pro friend quit the game and deleted it from his IPod about 3 minutes later.

Because of that short bit of fun we had, I decided to give the game another shot. Since Forest Haven to the point where it was painfully easy, I decided to go into Dark Forest where I met more challenging foes, but better allies would come with time. After I cleared the first part of Dark Forest with my 1 fairly bad teammate, someone joined that would change the way I thought about Pocket Legends forever. His name was Nate (or at least his IGN was). He was a level 13, like me, and had some knowledge of how to play mmo games.

As we ran through the next three parts of the Dark Forest campaign we talked about how to clear and even real life matters. We became great friends as we ventured to our goal of level 30. Sadly, he couldn't continue with me to the goal due to his career, but our short adventure meant a lot. Nate was my example of the perfect community: being constructive, helping out, and just being a good friend to anyone who joined the parties. I also had received a new goal from the experience. My goal was to make everyone in the community have their own Nate. A good friend. An ideal friend. An ideal community. So far I have reached a satisfying point in my goal, but many people still need that type of community.

As I finish up this little essay thing I would like to ask each and every one of you to think about this post and more importantly Griff's post (I don't want to steal any thunder) and help create the ideal community or change it (positively). Join some low levels in Forest Haven and talk to them, set a good example for their future adventures.

It's the community that brought me into the game, and I'd rather not let it take me out.

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider:1082828
    Prime example of what Griff is talking about. This sudden rise in grammar correction is one of the MAJOR issues. It started, like Griff said, with some of the more well known forumers (usually as a joke between friends), and others take and run with it. Others, just think they are smarter than everyone else and will correct people at all costs.
    Sorry, I respect you and all but butchering words and screwing up homonyms really irriates me.
    If people want to complain about harmless trolling to keep the forums at a lighter tone, I'm not really sure why they need to challenge/tell others how to use the forums. A thread like this appeared awhile back, and it proved useless.
    If you want to be a role model just do it. Tell people not to troll, and saying you're quitting because of it, only encourages trolls further.
    I have been on other forums where every post is strictly on-topic, non-repetitive, and concise. I mean they serve their purpose but there is almost no community. Spacetime has great developers that let players have fun and even share sometimes, mainly thinking of JustG.
    The forums have decreased in quality, but that is almost inevitable. Everything tends to get worse. And you can only do your individual part.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tHelonestud For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Gosh what a bundle of pessimists!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Noi`ya For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Sorry, I respect you and all but butchering words and screwing up homonyms really irriates me.
    If people want to complain about harmless trolling to keep the forums at a lighter tone, I'm not really sure why they need to challenge/tell others how to use the forums. A thread like this appeared awhile back, and it proved useless.
    If you want to be a role model just do it. Tell people not to troll, and saying you're quitting because of it, only encourages trolls further.
    I have been on other forums where every post is strictly on-topic, non-repetitive, and concise. I mean they serve their purpose but there is almost no community. Spacetime has great developers that let players have fun and even share sometimes, mainly thinking of JustG.
    The forums have decreased in quality, but that is almost inevitable. Everything tends to get worse. And you can only do your individual part.
    This is constructive feedback.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Agreed. How about this for thought, the way you present your corrections is rude, therefore it comes off as trollish behaviour.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

The point is not have a fun, informative community; it is to stop the non-sense so that it will return. There are a lot more issues on these forums which need to be corrected besides grammar. If we want to be picky, your paragraph structure is horrid in this post. Who cares? As Sourc pointed out, MANY forumers make simple "English-related" grammatical errors because it is not their native tongue. I have also seen others state things in different ways and remember "Oh, they are English and express the English language differently." Why don't some o you take your perfect speaking on a forum with their native language and use your 2 years of high-school foreign language classes and see how well you hold up.

And you say a thread like this which ends in "I'm leaving," promotes trolling? Does that mean you admit to trolling on purpose? Last I checked, against ToS. The OP has concerns, all valid, and is disrespected for expressing his views. If it bothers you and all you can do to comment is find grammatical errors, close the thread. It's real simple.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post: