Thread: Rogue Skills Question.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Rogue Skills Question.

Hey guys. I understand there are perhaps thousands of threads here regarding the prowess of the different skills in Rogue's arsenal.

Yet I couldn't find one that directly address my concern. So please pardon me.

I've read that Aimed Shot, Veil and Trap is crucial for any sensible Rogue users. However, I do find that all 3 of them are somewhat useless. Pardon my ignorance; Aimed Shot is good for bosses. For mobs, unless it's one or two, I find that using Aimed Shot is really redundant. IMO, Shadow Pierce not only do damage to both mob, but it also heals as well.

Veil and Trap is good when you anticipate the mob before. After you engage with the huge amount of mob, I find it rather time-wasting to have to charge and throw a bomb in the midst again. And as the mobs moves around alot, it really defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

If you find what I have written somewhat stupid, I apologize in advance. I'm new here, and I think that throwing traps and veil only slows you down when killing them. E.g. when charging for veil, mobs are hitting you. When you finally throws in down, your hp is somewhat half. Then you have to dash out of the veil to heal. Doesn't really makes sense, does it?

If you guys were to choose, which will you prefer and please advise me,

Razor Shield vs Nox.
    Is Shadow Pierce any good?

Personally I like both pvp and pve. But I understand that there's no build that can entirely accommodate both. So which build, do you think, is somewhat suited for both?

Thanks alot!

Much appreciated,
    Ken

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

lol bro i think u shud use a warrior.
    anyway aimed shot is NOT useless. it has crit stacking ability which is super cool.
    veil is too awesme of its buff viz. dmg nd armour.
    trap idk. only a PRO rogue use it effectively

the thing is that u r nt able to skill rotation correctly.
    i recommend this build:
    aimed shot: max it all
    razor: max it all
    veil: max it all except that explode upgrade
    nox bolt: max it all (or u may not upgrade its increased radius impact)

now u should always spam aim shot as after each shot crit will stack. nd then use nox bolt.
    if u see a large mobs pop out charged veil nd under it use razor. u will do mch dmg nd crit mch coz of ur aim shot crit stacking. nd u will see u r eliminating mobs quickly.

use slag granite wrath nd horton pets..

shadow pierce is nt mch good in elite lvls as boss/mob will kill u at one shot. rogues hp is low nd also armour.
    so u should spam a lots of potions bt u kill mobs quickly.
    bt if u r with a good warrior u will nvr die nd u will nvr use potion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Talking Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by KenXtreme View Post
    Hey guys. I understand there are perhaps thousands of threads here regarding the prowess of the different skills in Rogue's arsenal.

I've read that Aimed Shot, Veil and Trap is crucial for any sensible Rogue users. However, I do find that all 3 of them are somewhat useless. Pardon my ignorance; Aimed Shot is good for bosses. For mobs, unless it's one or two, I find that using Aimed Shot is really redundant. IMO, Shadow Pierce not only do damage to both mob, but it also heals as well.

Veil and Trap is good when you anticipate the mob before. After you engage with the huge amount of mob, I find it rather time-wasting to have to charge and throw a bomb in the midst again. And as the mobs moves around alot, it really defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

If you find what I have written somewhat stupid, I apologize in advance. I'm new here, and I think that throwing traps and veil only slows you down when killing them. E.g. when charging for veil, mobs are hitting you. When you finally throws in down, your hp is somewhat half. Then you have to dash out of the veil to heal. Doesn't really makes sense, does it?

Razor Shield vs Nox.

Personally I like both pvp and pve. But I understand that there's no build that can entirely accommodate both. So which build, do you think, is somewhat suited for both?

Thanks alot!

Much appreciated,
    Ken
    I guess it depend on your strategy bro. Skills serves us a tool to kill the mobs and bosses and those our enemies on the PVP. Your game strategy is what matters most. Don't say the word useless because if the skills are useless then better to fight manually bro. I guess you misunderstood on skills if its useless then your hurting the developer who created this game. Learn to appreciate what is around...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KenXtreme View Post

Razor Shield vs Nox.

Thanks alot!

Much appreciated,
    Ken
    Razor shield vs. nox:
    If you're a dagger rogue and love to use daggers, then get razor shield. However, I think that because rogues have lower health than other classes, using razor shield and directly entering a crowd is like suicide. Nox is good for DOT effects and long range attacks, but of course, you need to charge to use the maximum AOE effect.

Personally, I have both Nox and Razor shield. I use RS for leveling (in tombs or hauntlets), or fighting with easy mobs (or mobs with a warrior). I also use RS for fighting with bosses when they're at their "weaker" stages of battle, and sometimes when I can attack them from the back. As for Nox, I usually charge nox before I attack a mob with RS (IF I do decide to attack the mob). Nox is also helpful for bosses (because of long range attack). Shadow Storm Shot could seem better than Nox, but Nox has a better mana cooling time than SSS and does much more damage. Also if you charge nox, it has an excellent DOT effect. (I also charge nox whenever I can.)

I don't have Shadow Piercer because if you do not have a lot of health and you attack head on with SP, you're asking for death; the mobs (or bosses) will kill you in seconds.

I also have the Trap skill. This in my opinion is useful for controlling mobs. I like the DOT for this too, and it's useful for pulling mobs together. If you ever plan to run elite maps, trap is a crucial skill, and the party you run with will love you for it if you use it correctly.

I can see why people think the Shadow Veil skill is helpful because of the AOE. The party you run with, (especially the warriors,) will love you if you put some smoke around them in battle.
    Also, shadow veil is great when you combine this skill with trap. (make a trap, pop some smoke, and attack)

Just curious, but what are your skills for now??

And sorry for the long post, but I hope this was helpful!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Hello hello
    If you're looking for a build that goes for both farming and pvp I suggest you use the following. Assuming you're lvl 31.
    Aimed 4/4 - seeing as you want to do A LOT of damage.
    Nox 1/4 Unlock and 10% dmg - Adds to your dmg and will come in handy in pvp, but also adds dmg when farming.
    Razor 2/3 last 3 sec longer and bleeding over time. I see no use for 20 dodge when you have pots (Potions) but then again if you liking pvping more you should get it, seeing as you may not have any packs. This helps killing mobs faster, and dodging, though it does not give as much dmg as.. you would want, I guess.
    Now seeing if you like pvp more than farming and do it more, I suggest you go with packs.
    Medic Packs 3/4 extra heal, extra pack, heal over time. Of course packs are useless when farming, but helps a great deal in pvp
    If you like farming I suggest you max out veil, except for the exploding thing.
    Also you can go for
    Aim & Nox the same as mentioned
    Nude pierce
    Veil max, again leave out exploding.
    I am a rouge myself, usually I like pvp, but farming is a must, so I made a farming build too. Sadly I'm one of those who respec's every time I change from farming to pvp.
    I hope you find this helpful in some way O.o
    Peace Mutekill (yeah I changed my name heheh)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hello. I don't know where to ask but has anyone had a problem that the game requested to enter zip code? Everything used to be fine before, but lately, it has been popping up on the screen... random numbers don't work. Is there any zip code finder? and is it possible to use not my zip? I found worldpostalcode, I think to try taking zips from here