Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revelation: Why are in-game items so expensive!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Default Revelation: Why are in-game items so expensive!?

Greetings, AL players,

I'm sure many of you have looked at the mythic/arcane items in the Trader's Market & have often question why the items are so expensive! Well, during the founding of AL and even today, platinum had a lot of buying power in terms of gold to plat ratio.

As a result, a lot of AL's founding economy was generated from platinum. IF platinum purchases for gold was not introduced in the beginning of the game, the AL economy would not be so extreme.

If you look at the AL economy right now, there is a huge gap between the super wealthy, wealthy, average, and the poor players. Why? Because of money that came from outside factors. This money was not earned through gameplay, but through wallets.

As a result, a combination of how rare Arcane & Mystic items are, as well as the difficulty of earning gold has lead us into the predicament we are today.

So, to those that ask why are the in-game items so expensive? You, the players are to blame when prices were first set when the game was created.

Just some food for thought, enjoy!

Cheers,

~Apollo
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Well pre release we were doing good 50-100k max for the best item. After the full release it went down hill lol. But yea you are right and sts mentioned more of what people pay for is more of stuff they will release and keep ie. locked crates
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

This is exactly why I liked season 2 the best. No locked crates. No mythic. No arcane. Then Hammerjaw came along and that was the beginning of the end.

Another contributing factor is the ten-fold increase in the maximum gold one can hold per account - 9.99m to 99.99m.
    .. RETIRED ..
    L31 PvE & L21 PvP
    ...Arcane Legends

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

You actually created a thread about this o.O
    A lot of players in AL have lots of gold without spending platinum. Including me. Just saying.
    Also. I think I read somewhere that AL was originally going to become a plat-free game; with plat being used only for vanities. Well, we know how that turned out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    A lot of players in AL have lots of gold without spending platinum. Including me. Just saying.
    I know that very few selected players had a total of >10m spread across multiple accounts back in season 2 when the gold cap was 9.99m - all of it from farming/merching.

Look at it now, 30-40m for one arcane weapon that will probably not be the best in a couple of seasons!? I find it hard to believe anyone can spend that much gold without plat conversion.
    .. RETIRED ..
    L31 PvE & L21 PvP
    ...Arcane Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

some people just got lucky, buying glacian/hooks/hammerjaw from someone unaware of forums for the price of 1-2mil and sold for.. ridic amount of gold

i do feel that buying gold for plat is a bit like shooting yourself in the lag, you buy outside gold you eventually make prices go up for you and everyone else

not to mention its a gate way for scammers to ruin sts's credit with some companties.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wowsome View Post
    Look at it now, 30-40m for one arcane weapon that will probably not be the best in a couple of seasons!? I find it hard to believe anyone can spend that much gold without plat conversion.
    The hooks are probably going to be lame next cap, but the arcane hammer is going to be the best for a LONG time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wowsome View Post
    This is exactly why I liked season 2 the best. No locked crates. No mythic. No arcane. Then Hammerjaw came along and that was the beginning of the end.

Another contributing factor is the ten-fold increase in the maximum gold one can hold per account - 9.99m to 99.99m.
    Ikr! Everything seemed so perfect then. Elites weren't too bad, especially since people farmed both Elite Jarl and Dead City. I miss those days.
    Jcyee: 76 PL Bear | 41 AL Warrior | 36 DL Vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I too miss those elite days in Brackenridge-Brackenridge and Dead City. It's a shame they didn't increase the level of the mobs including the loot. Now the costs have went way up for a run in elite and it does take quite some time. I think AL could take an example of other mmo's etc. Where you can only buy additional merchandise and a few thing in-game,without any advantage of it. On the otherside, platinum is very expensive and they give some sort of compensation for that. But the secrion of being able to buy gold, and many others, should be corrected and preferably gone. The prices nowadays are getting ridiculous!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

where on earth sme ppl got 50mil+ . if ppl doesnt buy gold by plat?
    its probably coz of al hack tool.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

lol hack tool. good one. maybe

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

To be honest, im not a plat buyer but im I like plat buyers they increase the availability of items. If you want to buy them, farm gold . I like how the watch crates change twinking aswell, although, I dislike how AL devs are increasing stats for every new set they introduce :-/ keep it the same respective to that level range, just change the look! One main reason I went to twink PvP was to avoid high costs of buying new gears!

Level 27 Twink Rogue - Twinkleton

e

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

I think items at the beginning of the game were easily obtained. And were later sold for super high prices. My theory, I wasn't a founder ()

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    You actually created a thread about this o.O
    Also. I think I read somewhere that AL was originally going to become a plat-free game; with plat being used only for vanities. Well, we know how that turned out.
    That's not what he's saying. Gold generation is bad in this game. So those millions and millions came from somewhere right? The origin of the gold is the concern
    Last edited by Rare; 05-05-2013 at 11:25 AM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Infrico View Post
    To be honest, im not a plat buyer but im I like plat buyers they increase the availability of items. If you want to buy them, farm gold . I like how the watch crates change twinking aswell, although, I dislike how AL devs are increasing stats for every new set they introduce :-/ keep it the same respective to that level range, just change the look! One main reason I went to twink PvP was to avoid high costs of buying new gears!
    Then what's the incentive for play new content? Everyone will be running jarl constantly.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Lady_Pebbles

I suspect the new gold cqp has a lot to do with it too. I mean come on, its hard enough tryin to make -and- keep 100k without having to feed pets during long pvp matches. Let alone trying to farm for gold drops on maps (which btw barely drops), AND do daily quests (some have 500g or 1k quests), AND any type of drops without buying elixirs... Especially for those of us who are truely casual players. Hell even the regular klaas/shaz elixirs don't reroll sometimes (like 2/3 rerolls into greens... Yippie #sarcasm -.-).

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 05-05-2013 at 06:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

There should be a limit to how much you can sell an item.
    Not everyone is rich and has 1m

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    That's not what he's saying. Gold generation is bad in this game. So those millions and millions came from somewhere right? The origin of the gold is the concern
    This is the issue. It is nearly impossible to generate gold on runs and quest due to the costs
    of pots and pets. The only way to make money from farming is to sell looted legendary items.
    But the gold that someone used to buy those items had to come from somewhere. In PL you could
    make a significant amount of gold from from gold drops from enemies and from liquidating junk
    items. You could also farm potions and stockpile them. It does not seem really feasible to do this
    in AL. So where did all of the gold come from? I think the OP is suggesting that it all comes from plat
    to gold conversion and the 25k you get in legendary packs. I would have to agree with this... Amazing
    to think that the millions or more like billions of gold out there all came from plat purchases!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

I fully agree on your complaint on gold generation within the game. I'm almost forced to buy platinum. :/
    Been stocking on free platinum to reduce my real money spending. Which has been successful. I have not spent more than 2$ on platinum.

BUT.

Free offers these days has been outrageous. Basically, it says it's free but you have to place an 'order' or 'buy' items within the free offer.

Quests should give out at least 5 times more gold. At least in this season! When the economy in Arcane Legends is like....serious inflation....
    Hey, I'm a lone wolf. A wolf who wants to be friends with you :3

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Makin gold isnt that hard, i saved up enough for a mythic war helm (2.75) when i had only 600k, then i bought it now i have 1.8 saved up an that was only 1 week agp, im still level 26 an not farmed AT ALL