Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: are we sorc always babysit other class? LOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default are we sorc always babysit other class? LOL

may be some of we fella sorc had meet with type other class guys which begging mana or heal, if we dont upgrade that skill, or we allocate it for other skill and use pot, so whats the problem that we build our sorc with different type of each individual, not always the same build, not all of us allocate it for heal or mana, it depend on each individual think to build it.

the funny thing when they dont get their heals or mana from us, they begin whinning or complain about it, lol

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Madgremlin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

i think so too !!! they call me names.. noobs cause i dont heal or have mana !! LOLz

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

We aren't doctors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

I usually let people know, before we start running, that I don't have that skill. If someone starts whining about it, I just leave and find another party.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

lolz... not an obligation .. a 30 warrior says .. i tank i have to use my own pots? wt.....

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

I personally don't want another death on my list just cuz a warrior won't use a mana pot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

I just ignore them.

Lady_Pebbles

The main reason* I use heal is for PvP cuz in elite PvE our heal's aggro is so frustrating. Glad Swede said* they'll be working on it a bit.

Players need to understand that & if they have a problem with you not using heal (even if you have it), then ditch them. Not worth dealing wih players like that.

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 05-06-2013 at 07:15 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Lol I was in a ctf match yesterday where Haligali was just dominating us, essentially making it very easy for their side to pick us off and get easy kills.

Sometime in the middle of the match, one of Hali's teammates had the audacity to call him out and complain about his lack of heal. My friend and I got a little laugh out of that one, while respawning of course.
    Airys <Average Joes>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Yeah i agreed.
    When i play with my warrior i dont use hor neither... I'm not doctor ...
    And when i play with rogue, i dont use pets, cause its racists...

Healing is nice skill, just dont use it in mid of mobs, and if u do, u need run away for 1-2 secs.
    And if u got heal, why without mana up? 1 skill up in passives wont make anyone godlike.
    Last edited by ishyrionek; 05-05-2013 at 08:26 PM.
    AL: Ishyrionek (31 Warrior)
    AL: Ishyrion (30 Rogue)
    AL: Ishyrionus (30 Wizzard)
    BD: Ishyrion (7)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ishyrionek View Post
    Yeah i agreed.
    When i play with my warrior i dont use hor neither... I'm not doctor ...
    And when i play with rogue, i dont use pets, cause its racists...

Healing is nice skill, just dont use it in mid of mobs, and if u do, u need run away for 1-2 secs.
    And if u got heal, why without mana up? 1 skill up in passives wont make anyone godlike.
    First of all, a warrior's HoR is fundamentally different from a mage's heal. It taunts (and is a pretty good one) and gives a shield. Plus, I don't expect any warrior to use it to heal me. I rely on my pots. I do expect a warrior to use it to taunt.

The purpose of a mage heal? To save the party pots, which I'm still doing if I replace heal with another skill. I'm adding more CC, which means less damage to the warrior. I'm adding more damage, which means faster killing and faster runs = less pot usage.

I do not understand why people don't call out rogues for not carrying medic packs. Its the exact same thing as a mage heal - a money saver. And you don't even really save THAT much money in the grand scheme of things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

The people who ask for mana heal are cheap and broke. And don't have money for pots. The only people who complain are ones from random parties. I know a number of mages who after seeing me use shield have switched. They usually ask me 'Don't people ask you for heal' And I say 'yes, but I ignore them.' Then later on I see they respec and are using shield. I am sorry if we had better armor I would happily use heal. But our armor is so bad that for me using shield is the only option. Heal doesn't do anything for me that pots don't. If warriors and rogues want to see something done they should complain to STS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Haha unlike a lot of people here, I actually do have heal and I use it a lot. Elites, normal, tombs, pvp, you name it and I'm there healing my butt (and yours) off. But to be honest, in pve it really is nothing more than a gold saver and convenience for the lazy (like myself).

Sure, I've saved more than my share of party wipes with a well timed heal, but that doesn't change the fact that pots are faster and plain out more effective. Heck, I spam pots myself because taunt does have its limitations and I'm often out of range for HoR.

The only place I can see heal being truly helpful is in pvp because we can't use mana pots. But when I played my rogue in ctf, I accepted the fact my ability to fight was done when my mp bar was depleted. If a mage had heal, great! If not, well hopefully I can find a blue cross before the next guy does. That's just how it goes.
    Airys <Average Joes>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

i have a sorcerer and rogue both and sorcerer are definitely not weak. My armor stat is lower on my mage but I rarely get attacked by mobs because of my knockdown and root skills. Leading the way with a charged fireball for knock down and then dropping a clock saves the group lots of health pots and keeps the mobs grouped up for faster kills. I feel like my mage kills mobs a lot faster than my rogue. The real difference is at bosses. my rogue deals a ton more damage than my mage at the boss and my mage is somewhat of a liability because bosses are immune to knockdown and roots.

Somewhere in Asia, on an island over the rainbow...double rainbows...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I used to have heal (without adding points in the range) and i used to run to one corner, away from the others and heal myself only. LOL.
    PL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) SL: Surfy Com, Meowy Ops, Gravelyn Engi, Warstorm Com DL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) AL: Surfie Sorcerer, Orpisai Warrior, Chiobuu Rogue

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuRfY For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

As a rogue, I do everything to save a mage's arse, Pvp and Pve wise. Whether they have heal or not, I do my best to tank for them by spamming potions and going to the front line, because I know, they got my back with the fireball that pretty much stuns everyone/everything when charges. Never did I complain to a mage about his lack of healing skill, after all they do have the shield which can absorb damage and save me from death.

I love mages, they're precious and dear to me.
    duck dynasty falls

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Limsi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

The typical lines of other rogues when there is a mage near "mana." no please, just a demand, and if you don't have it or dont use it, they flip out on you. It's quite harsh, people have to stop assuming all mages use that skill.
    DL: Theholyangel: 36 Vampire.
    AL: Mewfs/Theanarchy: 41 Warrior.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

I have a Sorcerer, and I heal regardless if someone says or not. Also, on my main (Rogue) I don't complain if a Sorcerer doesn't heal me. I simply use Horton or Jack as my pet. In PvP, I either get the mana cross thing, or I just quickly switch out my pet to Jack, who gives mana to all allies in range. Sometimes, I have no Sorcerer on my team, so I simply go with the flow. Just use a pet who's ability can restore mana or a pet who gives you mana regen like Horton or Flap Jack.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

With the new update, comparing heal and shield. For me heal does 947-1184 hp (I assume heal is based off of dmg which mine is 296). And shield based on this formula (((2*strength)+intelligence)*3) I get 1602 hp. So 30% damage reduction util shield will absorb 1602 hp. So to me the new shield is much more compelling.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Only issue I have with shield is it doesn't help running flags. Some say that is not something mages should worry about, but we have achievements for this just like the other classes and so they are needed to stay on the top sorcerer leaderboard. Until I have 10k flags, I must have heal so I can run flags.