Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: are we sorc always babysit other class? LOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Are you telling me you don't WANT a support class?
    you want? show me your skills set.

Anyone in game know this guy - Alhuntrazeck? He's a supporting Mage?

You play with a lot of people, this is support!!! Do you play solo? I don't know what you mean about "support"

Ex:
    1 - I'm warrior, you're Mage. I tank mobs, you kill them fast ----> this is a support
    2 - I'm Mage, you're Mage. you cast spell, i cast too, kill them fast -----> this is a support
    Last edited by ryantat; 09-04-2013 at 03:00 AM.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

I'm trying to keep the discussion civil, please do oblige me.

Every class in Arlor has a purpose. The warrior tanks. Rogues kill. And mages...support. That's right, support. DEAL WITH IT.
    We have AoE, and you know what that's for? Not increasing our kill count, but for keeping the mobs stunned, frozen, rooted while the rogues do their job! Try running an elite without a mage. That's right, it's hard.

If you want a damage class, pick a rogue.

Also, my skill set...I'm not a PvE mage, but I do use frost on occasion - my build is Fire, Ice, Shield, Heal. Fire stunning, ice freezing, shield letting me survive so i can support more, heal for healing (duh). See how it all complements each other?

Do refrain from throwing your weight around on the forums. Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post

Every class in Arlor has a purpose. The warrior tanks. Rogues kill. And mages...support. That's right, support. DEAL WITH IT.
    We have AoE, and you know what that's for? Not increasing our kill count, but for keeping the mobs stunned, frozen, rooted while the rogues do their job! Try running an elite without a mage. That's right, it's hard.

Also, my skill set...I'm not a PvE mage, but I do use frost on occasion - my build is Fire, Ice, Shield, Heal. Fire stunning, ice freezing, shield letting me survive so i can support more, heal for healing (duh). See how it all complements each other?

Sorcerer a support class? I totally disagree.

I can consistently and considerably clear mobs faster on my sorcerer solo as compared to my rogue solo. Both with full (upgraded) mythic, both specced for PvE. So how exactly does that make a sorcerer a support class?

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Sorcerer a support class? I totally disagree.

I can consistently and considerably clear mobs faster on my sorcerer solo as compared to my rogue solo. Both with full (upgraded) mythic, both specced for PvE. So how exactly does that make a sorcerer a support class?
    Lets see...

1. Mages have mana heal. Support? Yes.

2. Mages have stun, root, n freeze. Why? So that the party wont have to get hurt so much when the enemy is either dancing, frozen or just standing there.

3. In team runs, you'll find that without a sorcerers aoe, clearing maps will be very slow. Support again, since without much mobs being damaged, the going (and the damage) will be slow.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

This whole thread makes me laugh. Like 90% of the responses are so absurd. I understand the forum is a place to discuss the game but if you have no idea what you are talking about dont act like you do. For starters any1 who says Mage is support class doesn't have a clue about mages. Any one who says rogues are better killers obviously know nothing about mages. Tanks SHOULD be the ones doing the healing and being the SUPPORT class. Only mages who use heal are the noobs and the ones that are "too nice" for pvp. If you use it Pve then you say your doing it to save potions but in truth your costing yourself way way more because your so slow. The only real reason for healing in this game for mages is flagging. It can be used to be a "support Mage" yes, though I've maybe seen 4 people actually use a support build. 95% of mages in AL use a hybrid build and either call it "attack" or "support" when it's neither. You can walk up to 2 mages both with a typical lame fire light heal shield. One will say their support the other will say their attack. I'm not trying to downgrade anyone or insult anyone but I did feel the need to point out that all these people who THINK the know what a Mage does (1/2 of which prolly hasn't even played a Mage) shouldn't be attempting to give advice on it in such a public place. We have enough people who walk around clueless. We don't need y'all creating more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I also disagree with mages being a support class. Mages do the most damage to all the mobs. It really just depends on what the mage wants to do with their character. They could be support but then they would need support skills. Most mages are there to do the damage and crowd control. Be happy you have a mage with you that can attack more than 1 enemy at a time. Unless you really wanna be a warrior and rogue who don't have crowd control and have to kill one enemy at a time with the mage being the one who sits there and gives them mana and heals. This is just making your times on stuff go up.
    Rogue: Angelicdove
    Mage: Intfire
    Warrior: Speedoftank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Lets see...
    I wrote my answers below your points. As you know, I'm a PvE sorcerer so I wrote my points from that perspective...

1. Mages have mana heal. Support? Yes.

I just don't find it worth offering up one offensive skill, that would allow me to do both more crowd control and deal more damage, for 1 mana/health pot every 15seconds or whatever cooldown lifegiver has. I prefer to kill mobs quicker and do better crowd control so my party doesn't need that many pots to begin with. So yeah, heal? No thx. So support? By your logic, nope. Additionally, would a rogue with health packs basically be support too in your opinion, or how about a warrior with HoR?

2. Mages have stun, root, n freeze. Why? So that the party wont have to get hurt so much when the enemy is either dancing, frozen or just standing there.

I agree that all that crowd control is cool but you overlook the most important aspect of all those skills... The huge amount of damage and damage over time that they dish out to all those mobs. So yeah, if you classify killing off mobs the quickest way possible as support, I guess sorcerers are the support class for killing mobs. By that logic, rogues are the support class for killing bosses.

3. In team runs, you'll find that without a sorcerers aoe, clearing maps will be very slow. Support again, since without much mobs being damaged, the going (and the damage) will be slow.

Basically the same answer as point 2.

I haven't played many MMO's but when I compare AL to another popular MMO I played, there isn't a clear support class in AL at all. It all depends on your specs and what you consider support or not. Warriors, sorcerers and rogues can heal their party. All these classes have some form of crowd control too (rogue: net, war: taunts and stuns, sorc: stuns). So classifying one as a support class, and on top of that the one that deals most AoE dmg in game, just doesn't feel right to me.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!