Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Recent lag spikes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SuRfY View Post
    Something to read since I posted something similar to this before.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...g-solved-maybe
    have you solved your lag issue surfy? maybe you can help me ond some falks out here since you are here for a long time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I've played other mobile mmo and never had a lag issue even with a high volume of players, and lol i do know what ping is.

Name:  Screenshot_2013-05-18-01-19-31.png
Views: 109
Size:  199.6 KB

The screen shot above is a guild member talking about extremely high ping and getting dc which has happened to me so many many times over the last few years playing the sts games.

Been lagging bad today to, here is some more screen shots of guild members chatting.
    Name:  Screenshot_2013-05-18-12-55-03.png
Views: 113
Size:  600.0 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2013-05-18-13-45-23.png
Views: 114
Size:  614.0 KB

My ping durring pvp a little after guild members were chating about it
    Name:  Screenshot_2013-05-18-12-58-10.png
Views: 112
Size:  324.8 KB
    Last edited by Asahetek; 05-18-2013 at 01:34 PM.

Somewhere in Asia, on an island over the rainbow...double rainbows...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Manny Mike Sarmiento View Post
    have you solved your lag issue surfy? maybe you can help me ond some falks out here since you are here for a long time
    I have not solved it yet unfortunately. I can give some suggestions though. Personally, playing on the phone is worse than playing on the computer.

My choices of playing AL and hope it does not lag that much will be:

1) Google Chrome with LAN (standing in towns: 120ping is the lowest i have ever seen)
    2) Google Chrome with Wifi (standing in towns: 190ping is the lowest i have ever seen)
    3) Phone with Wifi: (standing in towns: 600ping is the lowest i have ever seen)
    4) Phone with 3G: (standing in towns: 900ping is the lowest i have ever seen)

Other than that, can follow the tips given in that thread like the trancert thingy. Then try and call the internet service provider guy and scold the hell out of him regardless whether its the provider's fault or not.
    PL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) SL: Surfy Com, Meowy Ops, Gravelyn Engi, Warstorm Com DL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) AL: Surfie Sorcerer, Orpisai Warrior, Chiobuu Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

It's been laggy way to much lately and sts never seems to listen to us player and yes i think there are many factors to take into consideration but by saying it's a problem on our end just doesn't cut it, or that only a few people complain which isn't true just not everyone knows or uses the forum.

Everyday i see someone talking about how badly they have been lagging including me and i have posted many screen shots about people talking about lag and my own ping and will continue to do so, so please at least take our opinions into consideration and other evidence, screen shots, etc,

Also this issue has been going on for years, and it's been a problem in every one of your games no matter how many different devices that you use.

Name:  Screenshot_2013-05-20-23-46-31.png
Views: 98
Size:  257.7 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2013-05-20-23-27-24.png
Views: 98
Size:  317.8 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2013-05-20-23-27-01.png
Views: 94
Size:  304.9 KB

Edit
    These are mainly from pvp which late this mouring and made it impossible to continue playing effectively and during the different matches were people talking about them lagging badly and got 100k+ lag and dc twice i'm done for today can't pvp like this or do much of anything.

Edit

I live on the east coast right near my network tower and using a almost brand new phone with a 4.0 operating system and this is also my 3 third phone since i've been playing these games and have had lag issues on everyone of them and only sts games
    Last edited by Asahetek; 05-21-2013 at 09:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I am going to add to this and say that I have definitely experienced the lag spikes quite a bit as well.

One thing that I saw mentioned in the other thread, but not receive much attention, is that I think physical location has a lot to do with it. Since the servers are on the East Coast, my guess is people who are close/closer tend to not have issues and all these pretty severe lag issues are really hitting West Coasters or potentially international players who are much further away.

I personally am on the West Coast (Los Angeles) and I have seen a few of the other people complaining of lag issues say that they were from the West Coast as well.

STS is saying, since they are not hearing an "overwhelming" number of complaints, it must be an issue on our side. My counter would be, if the issue is based on physical location, then even though the problem is quite severe for those experiencing the lag issues, we will never hear an overwhelming number of complaints because there are plenty of people without any problem.

That however does NOT mean there is not an issue. It just means the issue is localized and only a distinct population of the players will complain, and THOSE individual will complain loudly, while people in unaffected areas will say, everything seems great! It follows that this is NOT an issue that STS should be allowed to dismiss as, "Not enough people are seeing the problem for it to be an issue for us to deal with."

I don't know about you guys, but I didn't even realize it was a lag issue until I saw others complaining of it on the forums. Basically when playing on chrome, my character would just kinda freeze up for a few seconds and then everything would snap in later. I thought maybe my computer was being slow or I just had chrome freeze up or something, but I am using LAN and I have a powerful gaming computer which should have no problem running AL or any of these games, since I run many games that require significantly more processing and graphics capabilities.

STS - please help us with this lag issue!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Cool

Personally speaking, those living in the US shouldn't complain. Because they are closest to the servers. When they really do complain, they should feel the other players' agony (not living in US but in other countries) that their lag is 10-100 times more. LOL.

So if the players' rage in the US about lagging means you are hammering your phones or laptops in frustrations, then other players in other countries most likely are taking out their chainsaws trying to saw their computer or phone into half..lol...
    PL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) SL: Surfy Com, Meowy Ops, Gravelyn Engi, Warstorm Com DL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) AL: Surfie Sorcerer, Orpisai Warrior, Chiobuu Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lag? =P
    Name:  Screenshot_2013-05-16-18-23-53.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  134.0 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Biui View Post
    Lag? =P
    Name:  Screenshot_2013-05-16-18-23-53.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  134.0 KB

don't get it...maybe something random...lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

i just noticed i dont get lag spikes every weekdays, 12~7pm,(GMT+9) and pretty having bad lag spike on weekdays, 8pm~5am. i guess too much people online makes these lag spikes more difficult to play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    One thing to keep in mind is that your ping time is never faster than your FPS. The game client can only go check the ping to report it once per frame. If your device is only rendering 4 frames per second (as an example) then your ping could never be displayed as less than 250 ms (1 second / 4 = 250 ms).

How many hops are there between you and the servers? Tracert to account.spacetimestudios.com (not to www.spacetimestudios.com - that's the web server, which is very different) and take a look.
    sir how do you do that tracert thing?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I don't mind Lag spikes! I only get bad ones on the day before an Update/Patch. I use it as a sign good things are in the works.

Great game keep Up the good work Devs!