Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Elite Frostbite's Death Touch? LOL Grimnr? Nordia harder??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The one shot kill from bosses needs to go. I have 1200 armor and over 4500 health and it is quite frustrating. You don't even get a chance to use pots.
    When I first started playing AL, it seemed like a more casual mmo. Now, it feels like a hardcore grindfest.

2.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #22
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

They might need a further reduction in damage. However, red zones in elite dungeons should be close to death for most classes, even warriors. An underequipped sorcerer or rogue would probably die right away, or someone that has completely ignored raising defensive stats.

The real problem is how hard it is to get out of the red zones and how frustrating it is when it looks like you escaped and really didn't according to the server.

We did find a problem with Frostbite's pull ability today and will patch that out soon, she was definitely grabbing people outside of the cone.

As far as Grimnr goes, you say that he permanently snares you now? If that's the case it's unintentional. Is that something new? Last time I played him (admittedly a few weeks ago) he didn't do that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Sigh seriously it's not ping, not the server, nor is it that hard to escape the zones and some of the times i wasn't even near the redzone and died for no reason. I was playing earlier today and went to fight frostnir and i checked my ping which was 171. Once he reached whatever threshold his red circle attack starts, he kept hitting me and my party while we were out of the zone.

Meh this is kinda like the response we get when we talk about the issues with lag.
    Last edited by Asahetek; 05-08-2013 at 08:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

it is ridiculous that even a warrior like me with over 4500 health almost 1300 armor I can get one spot at full health that it's absurd and should not be possible. I can understand 85 even 90 % damage in one strike but 100 % is ridiculous and should be reduced to realism

CO-MASTER of Magnum Legendary arcane legends warrior and retired #1 in battle command on 1/14/14

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    They might need a further reduction in damage. However, red zones in elite dungeons should be close to death for most classes, even warriors. An underequipped sorcerer or rogue would probably die right away, or someone that has completely ignored raising defensive stats.

The real problem is how hard it is to get out of the red zones and how frustrating it is when it looks like you escaped and really didn't according to the server.

We did find a problem with Frostbite's pull ability today and will patch that out soon, she was definitely grabbing people outside of the cone.

As far as Grimnr goes, you say that he permanently snares you now? If that's the case it's unintentional. Is that something new? Last time I played him (admittedly a few weeks ago) he didn't do that.
    Thanks for response!
    Yay on Frostbite! With Grimnr pre 5/2 patch even snared I could still just *barely* get out of the red zone when he does his single head lightning blast, now it seems like I am out, but it still gets me. This is with Slag and the 60m combo elixir..(I say this because I assume the snare is a % reduction from whatever value of run speed a player currently has). Grimnr definitely "floats" now while charging his attacks. That may be why the snare seems to have 100% uptime because I can't outrun the short ae attack red circle because Grimnr is still chasing me while its charging.

I don't mean to be nit picky but when you figure out a strategy to solo these bosses (this includes spending a lot of plat for buffs) so they can be farmed and the next patch hits and they start behaving in ways that seem outside of the mechanics of the encounter, you take notice.

Thanks again!
    <Khylara 41 Rogue> The Collective

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post

With all due respect about that last statement saying you have not played Grimnr in the past few weeks, Shouldnt you Guys(STS) have people actually playing these maps thoroughly so these problems are not going on for weeks at a time? Seems you all are throwing out updates and not double checking for issues. I understand that is why we have forums for these threads, But multiple issues at once like this is not a good sign at all.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I keep dieing on frostbite in regular mode one hit and far away from his cone. It seemed like if at any point I touched that red cone, even if i was out of it when he attacked, I still got one hit killed. This was with lvl 27 mage but the point is I shouldn't get hit if not in cone not the one hit kill and my tablet, connection and ping is excellent. Asus transformer pas tf700, 65mbps, and 89. I wasted plat on revive so he didn't reset health just to progress the maps.
    Last edited by darthdlo; 05-11-2013 at 07:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bootydots View Post
    With all due respect about that last statement saying you have not played Grimnr in the past few weeks, Shouldnt you Guys(STS) have people actually playing these maps thoroughly so these problems are not going on for weeks at a time? Seems you all are throwing out updates and not double checking for issues. I understand that is why we have forums for these threads, But multiple issues at once like this is not a good sign at all.
    They may be working on the next campaign for you or other updates. AL is getting undoubtedly the most developer support right now as well as the quickest response time. Please, be grateful to the attention the developers are giving AL.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It has nothing to do with ping. Where you are on your screen and where the server thinks you are are two different things. I play this game with my 5 year old on our tablets next to the router so connection should not be a problem. Even when pings are low, I look on his tablet and my position on my tablet and his tablet are sometimes a whole screen apart. I look on my tablet and I am running half a screen ahead of him and it's vice versa on his. I think the problem is how fast sts servers are updating to your device. I see the same thing when we are on the computer so it's not an issue with hardware power. So when sts says everything is working correctly, I am sure it is in there lab next to their servers.

Sent from my NookTablet using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Hmm i was fighting frostir in both normal and elite modes and it definitely seems like he's hitting people outside the zone also is he hitting harder in normal then he does in elite ?
    Last edited by Asahetek; 05-12-2013 at 09:40 PM.