Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: My opinion on AL platinum reliance

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Elite Nordr isn't easy lol...but anyway. I haven't spent a single $ on plat so far and I've been playing just fine. I know AL requires platinum for a lot of things, but on the other hand it isn't necessary. I'm not taking sides, I'm just sayin' that though AL is plat based, its entirely possible to play without paying.

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by stackz:1087752
    Only reason I'm falling away from AL after nordr is the boss difficulty. U literally have to beg guild mates to help u and half the time they won't. Nobody wants to just die repeatedly when a boss can one shot u for triple ur ability to survive...repeatedly and quickly. Regardless of whether death ratio doesntmatter. Ppl just don't like it. RANDOMS just run the maps till end and leave. U literally have to lvl until u barely stand a chance and even then ppl bail out.

Just makes u feel defeated and don't want to play. Even with elixers the hoses r stupid in that they hit HARD repeatedly and quickly. I'm not saying make them solo able like in early releases but god....they r harder in normal mode then elite bosses were in two first releases...and yeah I farm elite on nordr on my main but taking me FOREVER to get through quests on second to on for above reasons and I don't want to even play it anymore

+1 I agree with this a trillion percent. The game is now becomin a bore.

I want the CASUAL aspect back. This is why I love DL. We don't have to spend a long time in game to get capped, get good gear, and farm once in a while for vans. Its a casual mmo at its finest. Yet on AL everything feels like a damn chore. Hella quests that aren't really organized, no direction on where to go next afyer finishing a set of quest lines. Then the % of drops without elixirs is appauling. This is just.. ridiculous already. So many issues thus far so I stopped playing as often.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lady_Pebbles For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

I want the CASUAL aspect back. This is why I love DL. We don't have to spend a long time in game to get capped, get good gear, and farm once in a while for vans. Its a casual mmo at its finest. Yet on AL everything feels like a damn chore. Hella quests that aren't really organized, no direction on where to go next afyer finishing a set of quest lines. Then the % of drops without elixirs is appauling. This is just.. ridiculous already. So many issues thus far so I stopped playing as often.

+1 Threnny! I totally agree with you.. All the having to buy plat for everything, was a reason i quit AL! I hated that i needed plat to get lixes, sure it's not much, but that's money outta my pocket i can use for other stuff! I'm more of a fan of DL and SL. DL is way easier to farm, and you don't need plat to do that, and same with SL..

AL is just too expensive as a whole, a wonderful game, no doubt.. but, money is key if you play it!

~| SL: Sheriff - Burglar - Aracnus - Twink | PL: Excruciate | DL: Aracnus - Alarm | AL: Sacred - Slug |~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Eh I just run with some average players from guild we don't seem to have to big of an issue with elite maps. In fact outside of a few bugged insta kills it's fairly easy. But if everyone wants believe it's hard that's fine keeps the prices up on my elite chests. Couple hundred more and I may be able to buy some high end gear
    Just my 2 plat

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kraze For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anindu Bandara View Post
    I dunno about others, but after the nordr update the game isn't worth playing.. I feel that EVERYTHING requires platinum.. Not everyone wastes real money on games.. Cuz of this pvp is only for the rich people who buy platinum.
    imo pvp or pve has almost the same plat use.
    but the usage depends on player.
    there are many free stuff that can still own in pvp and pve.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Outside of the "killed when 10 miles away from the red zone" bug the new maps aren't that hard at all. I think the problem is not enough people take the time to learn the mechanics. Sure, at first the bosses were hard, but then you learn their patterns and they become much easier (that thing called skill). Another part is gear, except for the BEST gear what most people think is better actually isn't. Take me for example, until I completed my set yesterday, I spent more time doing runs in high str, low int, gear. Why? More health and armor. Sure, my damage was lower than it could be, but overall I do more damage because I'm not dying every 10 seconds (minus the above mentioned bug). I would solo elite mount and caverns (I preferred mount, was trying to get the staff, which I did) if I couldn't find a decent group to play with at that time (without any elixers). That gear probably cost 50-100k total, and I still use it sometimes.

Plat isn't everything, but it makes things easier... that's the whole point.

That said, I'm going to go do one more run before I have to go back to work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valsacar View Post
    Outside of the "killed when 10 miles away from the red zone" bug the new maps aren't that hard at all. I think the problem is not enough people take the time to learn the mechanics. Sure, at first the bosses were hard, but then you learn their patterns and they become much easier (that thing called skill). Another part is gear, except for the BEST gear what most people think is better actually isn't. Take me for example, until I completed my set yesterday, I spent more time doing runs in high str, low int, gear. Why? More health and armor. Sure, my damage was lower than it could be, but overall I do more damage because I'm not dying every 10 seconds (minus the above mentioned bug). I would solo elite mount and caverns (I preferred mount, was trying to get the staff, which I did) if I couldn't find a decent group to play with at that time (without any elixers). That gear probably cost 50-100k total, and I still use it sometimes.

Plat isn't everything, but it makes things easier... that's the whole point.

That said, I'm going to go do one more run before I have to go back to work.
    Yet we see Frostir being able to one shot anyone without any red warning when his hp is low, they really should fix this. Other than that, fighting a boss is relatively easy with a good party... oh wait, it's hard to find a good party nowadays and excruciating to finish a run with pugs with the current party system we have. They really should revamp the pt system :/
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

ive been on devs for a while about what they are doing and i just dont get it. yes i understand they have salaries and yes the gear is obatinable without plat. here is my problem they ignore all of their other games where people are drooling for updates and willing to spent plenty of money and now they are alinating the people that are plat uses in al. yea i know they are banking now off people that are spending 100's of dollars on chests but what they are doing is making casual players who play all of their games really upest. and casual players stay around for a long time and spent more money in the long run. in the end those people in al who are spending all the cash will move on to the next fad and by that point most people are not going to be there to support you sts. im not hating on sts i love you guys and what you do but as of now i think many of us feel that your business model is flawed and if you dont do something you will end up just like alot of other small software companies, and this is not what anyone wants.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

It's all about balance I think. Both sides have to feel it's win win. Both players and the corporation can feel like winners without sacrificing profit or player experience. Don't kill ur golden goose sts, players with spending power are watching to see how far each dollar will go.

At the moment the way u're trying to rake in most of ur plat spend is turning it into a gambling as opposed to a gaming experience - slippery slope there. Bit myopic. Most of us who r good with money know to avoid these kinds of things. U don't wanna shut ur customers out. Just saying.
    Last edited by Origin; 05-09-2013 at 01:00 AM.

Alphagun /TRUEORIGIN/ Fullsick
    <Five Elements>
    Speed Demon
    Guides| MerchMidas | Youtube

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

Most of the high high end gear (mythics and arcanes) are only possessed by a limited number of people throughout the game. Chances are you won't meet up with someone using mythic helm/armor and arcane hammer and a glacian pet.

The game is easily playable without using platinum. I myself have done it up to this point (only spending it on things that were within my reach like certain plat pets or vanities). You don't need the absolute best gear in the game to be successful.
    Jcyee: 76 PL Bear | 41 AL Warrior | 36 DL Vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    They'll nerf the hard bosses eventually. Until then only leet players will have the new stuff. It's their pattern. I don't understand it. After they nerf it I will play more. It's my pattern, too.
    Lol but so true.

I spent plat mostly on vanities. i opened 2 crates im guilty of that i admit. but i get a hold of myself and stoped .
    i buy the best gear i can with my gold, thers plenty of good ones in cs, u dont really need the best best one. what i dont understand is the price of the best best, and the usage of pots thats crazy.
    Last edited by Uzii; 05-09-2013 at 01:33 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sibayjing View Post
    It is the same drop rate for mythic/ arcane loot from Elite golden war chest and Locked crate?
    Oh God no.
    Lets say the drop rate for mythic/arcane items from crates is 0.000001%. (It's probably a lot lower in actuality lol...)
    So the drop rate in any non plat based chest is probably 0.0000(add four million 0's here)0000001. (This is also probably an extremely generous guess, lol...)

It's more likely that you would be struck by lightning 14 times, while winning the lottery in every state in the US simultaneously. Instead of getting anything of value, especially an arcane or mythic, from a chest that you don't have to "pay" real money to open.
    This is my personal and unique signature.

That took me awhile....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

I doubt the drop rate is different, and I know it is possible as I know people that have looted mythics from chests. The reason you may think it is different is one of two reasons:

1. You're paranoid and think all they care about is money
    2. Getting crates is easy, so people with money just open a ton of them, therefore most of them have come from crates

Now, if it is #1 you need to understand how the pay-for-perks model works. A game needs to hit critical mass for it to be profitable, the thing that makes it happen is NON-PAYING players. Get enough of them the game is something others, with money, will start playing. Once you hit the balance between enough overall players (majority of those being non-paying, or basically non-paying) and paying customers to keep your doors open, you'll start seeing profit. If a game fails to hit the number of players needed to really see growth, the game will fail. Running the game where people NEED to spend money to play, you'll never get enough players to make it something those with money want to play. STS appears to understand this, notice how elixirs do not work in PvP. If they did you would have reasons to complain. Everything plat does now is a convenience, a time vs money benefit. The only thing they have done, which I don't agree with, is making mythic pets plat only.

If it is #2, well then... it's just a perception issue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

Couldn't agree with u more! All I do is log in, do some daily quests, level 7 pvp and chat, then log! I can't spend 45-1h on an elite map while waiting in a line up at coffee!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    At the end of the day, those people who do spend money on the game make it so that everyone can play for free. We sincerely appreciate the users that do support us. Rather than being jealous of those who do have Platinum, you should likely thank them for allowing us to operate the game where you can play for free.
    This.

I'm one of several who just migrated here from another well-designed and seemingly successful game, Geomon, that recently shut down after going broke. While it was around, there were plenty of complaints over the high prices and impact of in-app purchases; now that it's gone, everyone wishes they would have charged more if it meant keeping the game alive.

What many people don't realize is that after designing a game, it takes a LOT of money to keep it running, with costs ranging from server upkeep to app store listing fees. The majority of smart phone games end up shutting down due to financial reasons; only a lucky few survive long-term.

Be grateful that there's a (very fairly balanced) premium currency system in place that allows you to play for free at the expense of platinum purchasers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

runs are hard, good parties are hard to find, elite mobs who freeze you suck and so on...

maybe if the sorc race was better support, and by better i mean less squishy, gun as good as the rouge bow, id say less heal agro but they fixed that yay.
    maybe then runs would be more fun? just a thought from my sorc point of view, im sure other classes users are upset too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by matanofx View Post
    runs are hard, good parties are hard to find, elite mobs who freeze you suck and so on...

maybe if the sorc race was better support, and by better i mean less squishy, gun as good as the rouge bow, id say less heal agro but they fixed that yay.
    maybe then runs would be more fun? just a thought from my sorc point of view, im sure other classes users are upset too.
    You know... actually I ran some elite pugs yesterday in Nordr on my sorcerer. It was an average group and it took about 17 minutes to complete, but I was able to manage the mobs by stunning/freezing/knockdown/slow constantly. So it WAS a lot of fun for me. We had a Warrior, 2 rogues, and myself. I was constantly gale->fireball->timeshift->ice. Once those mobs are packed into a corner or against a wall. They are easy picking.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

The time vs money argument Sam makes is valid. However, the very best players in any sts game are those with both time AND money.
    gf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

if they make platinum can be traded by players that be awesome for all, they will get more revenue, players happy, tons plat will always be used every time on these AL circles ....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

indeedm, lim, why they not make players can be back to the map when accidentally DC or clicked out, etc... hhhh, i often only 2 ppl left till boss, even solo sometimes,,, took 1 hr moreless sometimes,,, geezzzzz, bad party elite system,,,i think im dead collectorrr now,,,