Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FFA or Organized PvP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

I think FFA is better, what's the point of a "fair" fight? Just to show off your skills and boost your ego? Pvp is meant to be fun with people working as a team to beat the other team. I don't think 3v1 or 2v1 through the whole game is fair, and this only happens in go areas if we didn't have go matches there would be no such thing as rushing which ruins the "victim"'s gameplay, in FFA no one rarely complains and barely conflict just a polite good game. I noticed there's various rushers one group is the arrogant bark but no bite vulgar rushers who rage and humliate. The second group is an ok group where they're usually quiet and seem like they enjoy being teamed just for a challenge. The third group is a group who just does it to boost K/D and just do hits and runs. Some just want the FFA back, I don't think all rushers are a bad thing though they easily start a good ffa
    Last edited by Phoenixking; 05-10-2013 at 08:50 PM.
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    I think FFA is better, what's the point of a "fair" fight? Just to show off your skills and boost your ego? Pvp is meant to be fun with people working as a team to beat the other team. I don't think 3v1 or 2v1 through the whole game is fair, and this only happens in go areas if we didn't have go matches there would be no such thing as rushing which ruins the "victim"'s gameplay, in FFA no one rarely complains and barely conflict just a polite good game. I noticed there's various rushers one group is the arrogant bark but no bite vulgar rushers who rage and humliate. The second group is an ok group where they're usually quiet and seem like they enjoy being teamed just for a challenge. The third group is a group who just does it to boost K/D and just do hits and runs. Some just want the FFA back, I don't think all rushers are a bad thing though they easily start a good ffa
    If I'm not mistaken, the term rusher in PL can be accurately defined as this: A player who enters a PvP zone and immediately begins attacking other players without so much a word or warning.

In my experience, most of the rushers are also very immature. Thus, they tend to degrade their opponent verbally and by playing cheap. As a result, players have grown to loathe rushers. How do I know this? I just rush on my bird in PvP, try not to say anything, and after the game, I either congratulate them for winning or say GG. This is a practice I've started only recently, but because of polite sportsmanship, they do not hate me nearly as much as other rushers.

Now, I realize that this can go both ways, so why not take a balanced standpoint and say both parties are at fault? The people who enjoy 1v1 & the people who enjoy FFA. Now, if the only chat allowed in PvP pre-set chat designed for PvP (this would be implemented in the quick chat function), this would take away a lot of the issues.

Also, the PM through friends list function should still be available. Notice, I did not include the "/r" or "/t (name) message" command, as that would allow you to communicate with the other team. This way, you can still communicate with your friends that are not PvPing.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to The Godlyness For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Why don't we take this to the next level how about someone make a poll and we would truly see what the community as a whole wants!!!

I'm Degraded and I approve this message!
    Active alts: Frioadr lv 75 mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Godlyness View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, the term rusher in PL can be accurately defined as this: A player who enters a PvP zone and immediately begins attacking other players without so much a word or warning.

In my experience, most of the rushers are also very immature. Thus, they tend to degrade their opponent verbally and by playing cheap. As a result, players have grown to loathe rushers. How do I know this? I just rush on my bird in PvP, try not to say anything, and after the game, I either congratulate them for winning or say GG. This is a practice I've started only recently, but because of polite sportsmanship, they do not hate me nearly as much as other rushers.

Now, I realize that this can go both ways, so why not take a balanced standpoint and say both parties are at fault? The people who enjoy 1v1 & the people who enjoy FFA. Now, if the only chat allowed in PvP pre-set chat designed for PvP (this would be implemented in the quick chat function), this would take away a lot of the issues.

Also, the PM through friends list function should still be available. Notice, I did not include the "/r" or "/t (name) message" command, as that would allow you to communicate with the other team. This way, you can still communicate with your friends that are not PvPing.
    Restricted chat would help in a lot of ways, except for people who decide to make a lock game and 1v1 in it they won't be able to give each other pointers if they are training as well so I don't think that idea is a really good one
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by outcastranger View Post
    Someone rushed me and then said I was fat.
    Lollllllllllll bes comment evah
    PL:Sharkknife (77 bird in <Rated M>), Ubertwink (Bes 56 in <FFA>/PL Minuteman, Wrathfuluber (One Of The Last 1st Gen Wrathfuls)||| AL: Depend-46 (proud member of <Mag(nub)num>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I prefer ffa btw
    PL:Sharkknife (77 bird in <Rated M>), Ubertwink (Bes 56 in <FFA>/PL Minuteman, Wrathfuluber (One Of The Last 1st Gen Wrathfuls)||| AL: Depend-46 (proud member of <Mag(nub)num>