Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: elite alpha wolf reflect

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default elite alpha wolf reflect

    i will start by mentioning i done the normal alpha wolf multiple times with no problems, simple it start reflect i stop casting spells and continue, but the elite version when it starts reflect i die, same internet connection (mostly no lag), i tried removing pet and being far as much as possible when it start reflect but i still die. tried it three times and it's still the same thing. any ideas?

  2. #2
    Senior Member falmear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,494
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    49
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,096
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

    Default

    Don't use any skills which have damage over time. For example, fireball has Ignite which does burning damage for 5 seconds. So if you cast a fireball and the damage over time is reflected back at you and you are dead. This is usually why you die even though you aren't attacking when the shield is up.

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    Don't use any skills which have damage over time. For example, fireball has Ignite which does burning damage for 5 seconds. So if you cast a fireball and the damage over time is reflected back at you and you are dead. This is usually why you die even though you aren't attacking when the shield is up.
    thanks, the timing of the damage iam receiving will fit the DOT from fireball, i will test soon to confirm. but why this doesn't happen in normal and reflecting DOT damage is a first from my experience ,could it be a bug?

  4. #4
    Forum Adept iacito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    324
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    23
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    33
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

    Default

    The DOT dmg reflects 50x stronger, that's why you instantly die.
    Iacito My guess: 2900

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,204
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    16
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    100
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

    Default

    You can use them, you just need to know the timing. I run with fire/ice/lightning/time, so here's how the timing works. Every step assumes you are spamming normal attack while waiting for cooldown

    First reflect:

    Charge time (yes, I said CHARGE)

    Reflect drops:

    QUICKLY, drop time, hit lightning, ice, fire.

    Hit lightning (ONLY) as soon as it's ready

    Hit lighting (ONLY) as soon as it's ready. If you have slag or colton hit their power now.

    Assuming no clyde/colton, time will drop a second before he shields and all DoT will have ended. Charge time.

    Repeat.

    If you have clyde/slag and it hits. Spam ice and fire right away.

    Charge time, drop the second it's ready. Spam all three.

    Repeat spam of fire/ice/lightning one more time.

    Lightning can hit one more time, DO NOT USE ICE/FIRE/TIME. If you're lucky you can get a 2nd lightning in.

    Charge time while he shields, repeat as normal.

    Using this method I have solo'd him more times than I can count. My current record (with max gear now, but I've done long before I had the best gear) is 13 min 26 seconds for a whole elite mount run (with "crap" gear, 100-200k worth, it takes about 25min). It'll take a little practice, but it works. If you miss count or hit something late, don't do anything. Just keep using lightning and normal until the next shield round (one screw up and you'll be dead).

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,204
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    16
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    100
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

    Default

    Oh, I left out one other important part. When his health gets below the word wolf, only use lightning and normal attack or you'll die. Adjust slightly if you have a group doing massive damage and his health drops too quickly.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    155
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    61
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    23
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

    Default

    Another option is to start with charged fire then lightning, ice and time (only fire charged). Continue with time, light then just light and hit with auto while skills cool down. That way only fire and ice do dot since uncharged time doesn't dot and their effects wear off before wolf shields. Sometimes I use a stun pet like George or kelvin just before he's about to shield up. (The time space between two sheilds is about 10 sec). If another one from your party uses stun pet too and uses it's arcane ability after he's unstunned there's a great chance he won't use shield at all . I've managed to get him to shield just once

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,204
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    16
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    100
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

    Default

    Except for slag/clyde, bosses can't be stunned, which is why I charge time. I use lightning right away as that is my timer, it's a 3sec cool down so works well (just count to 3).

  9. #9
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    324
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    28
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    47
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Otawaazavie View Post
    Another option is to start with charged fire then lightning, ice and time (only fire charged). Continue with time, light then just light and hit with auto while skills cool down. That way only fire and ice do dot since uncharged time doesn't dot and their effects wear off before wolf shields. Sometimes I use a stun pet like George or kelvin just before he's about to shield up. (The time space between two sheilds is about 10 sec). If another one from your party uses stun pet too and uses it's arcane ability after he's unstunned there's a great chance he won't use shield at all . I've managed to get him to shield just once
    U gotta be careful with this. If you have exploding clock upgrade it could hit during shield since u didn't lead off with time. I agree with Valsacar about best and safest strategy.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    155
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    61
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    23
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

    Default

    That's true about exploding clock. I don't have this upgrade so it's safe for me to use
    it. Valsacar it's not true that only Slag and Clyde can stun. George stuns too always and for longer duration.
    Last edited by Otawaazavie; 05-09-2013 at 11:10 PM.

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    38
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    12
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valsacar View Post
    Except for slag/clyde, bosses can't be stunned, which is why I charge time. I use lightning right away as that is my timer, it's a 3sec cool down so works well (just count to 3).
    Kelvin has a good long stun with interrupt on bosses. My low level Kelvin blocks boss speccial attacks (completely prevents Alpha from reflecting if i time it right) better than my lvl 31 Slag and Clyde

Similar Threads

  1. elite nord -> wolf boss
    By ishyrionek in forum AL Technical Issues and Bugs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-26-2013, 11:13 AM
  2. Four Toons and a wolf
    By Lalarie in forum AL Contests
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-06-2013, 10:19 AM
  3. 15 skill achievement does not reflect
    By chitgoks in forum AL Technical Issues and Bugs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-30-2012, 09:40 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-05-2012, 01:11 AM
  5. Spell reflect skill for warriors!
    By Magicfrost in forum PL Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-19-2011, 09:24 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •