Thanked in
    190 Posts

Default What are the mechanics of loot reroll?. .. plz explain

Thanks....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Basically it lets you re roll to a better "rarity item". Take for example this scenario: A mob should supposed to drop an "epic" item, when a re roll is successful it should automatically give you a legendary item.

I might be wrong though
    duck dynasty falls

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Limsi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Thanks limsy... yes... but what i really wanted to know is... does reroll work on all items that drop... if not.... then what is the % working behind it.... i.e. the mechanics of reroll..

Reputation and Thanks are serious business
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,080 Posts

Yes it works for all items excluding pink, mythic and arcane of course.
    Means when you would actually drop a purple you'd get a pink.
    Left: What you would actually get ||| Right: With re-roll
    Trash (Dark White) rerolls > White
    White > Yellow
    Yellow > Green
    Green > Purple
    Purple > Pink

e.g. if you have a 50% reroll elixir, every second item should reroll.

TL: |AL|DL|PL|SL|BC|BD|
    Exps :|AL|DL|PL|SL|
    Other threads here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DocDoBig View Post
    e.g. if you have a 50% reroll elixir, every second item should reroll.
    Sadly i think we are being mislead. Numerous times i've had 25% Loot Re-roll Elixirs (And paid for better Loot Elixirs), and after paying full attention to every drop during the elixers duration, the % of re-roll i got was NOWHERE near the % stated on the Elixir.
    And i did not know that Re-roll Elixers do not increase your chances of getting items higher quality than legendary, i see them as even more of a scam now...
    This is my personal and unique signature.

That took me awhile....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

That's not how it works, let me explain. I'll use the 25% one for an example.

Each time there is a drop you have a 25% chance of getting a second roll. You get the better of the two items (it doesn't mean if you get a white first, there's a 25% chance of getting a green). If the second was the better item, you get the text telling you it let you reroll for better.

So, on average, every 4th drop you get a second chance. But that item could be the same, worse, or better. You only get told that the roll happened IF the item is better. That is why you don't see it work that often.

It would be better if they told you every time, with a message that says "but you didn't get better loot." The problem with that, depending on wording, would be people could think it re-rolled into worse items.

Re-roll only affect drops, since mythic and arcane come from chests they can't (directly) affect your chances of getting mythic or arcane items. What they can do is help you get more elite gold chests.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valsacar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Excellent explaination Valsa ... thnx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valsacar View Post

Each time there is a drop you have a 25% chance of getting a second roll. You get the better of the two items (it doesn't mean if you get a white first, there's a 25% chance of getting a green). If the second was the better item, you get the text telling you it let you reroll for better.

So, on average, every 4th drop you get a second chance. But that item could be the same, worse, or better. You only get told that the roll happened IF the item is better. That is why you don't see it work that often.

It would be better if they told you every time, with a message that says "but you didn't get better loot." The problem with that, depending on wording, would be people could think it re-rolled into worse items.

Re-roll only affect drops, since mythic and arcane come from chests they can't (directly) affect your chances of getting mythic or arcane items. What they can do is help you get more elite gold chests.

I beg to differ! I have played numerous games using both the 30min and 15min 25% re-roll Elixirs and could go the whole time with the Elixir not even activating, once. Then other times I have been overwhelmed with re-rolls. So it must be totally random whether you get a re-roll and then if you are lucky enough to get one you have a 25% chance of something better.

But hey, you could be one of the unlucky ones that never gets anything decent dropped (well apart from a locked crate, i guess, if you see them as decent (not)).

MAXIMUSMIX - ZELVIRA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valsacar View Post

Ummm, I think not. I will have to find the post, but there was an old post by the developers how rerolls
    work in PL and SL, and I would think that it works the same in AL. Lim and Doc are right. When you get
    a reroll, it rerolls to the next higher rarity. So a epic will always reroll to a legendary. The caveat to this
    is that you cannot get a rarity of an item that is higher than that which is in the drop table of an enemy.
    So if you are facing a low level mob which only drops up to an epic, you will never reroll from an epic to
    a legendary when you kill that mob. That is why you will never reroll up to a mythic or an arcane, because
    they are not in the drop table of any enemy you will ever face.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to drgrimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Here it is!

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/entr...Enhancers-Work

Valsacar, how you describe it is how things worked in early STS history, before they changed
    things, so I have frequently seen the drop system described as you described it Judging by
    your join date, I think things may have worked how you described it when you first started
    playing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    Here it is!

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/entr...Enhancers-Work

Valsacar, how you describe it is how things worked in early STS history, before they changed
    things, so I have frequently seen the drop system described as you described it Judging by
    your join date, I think things may have worked how you described it when you first started
    playing
    Well, I stand corrected. I played back before SL was even announced, and stopped played shortly after (life and all that). Thanks, always good to find information straight from the devs.